Bugera amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
    And I know you are a good dude, Tim. You helped me out after the storm along with many other JCF brothers and sisters, and I am grateful, always will be. But when you turn a rant into demonizing everybody who isn't as fortunate as you, to have a high-paying job where you can afford to make those choices, that's not cool.
    Clearly I was ranting (hence the rant emoticon) but I don't believe I demonized anyone. I was pointing out that cheap isn't *really* cheaper. There are many, many hidden costs associated with "saving" money.

I see my friends and neighbors unable to get jobs. The father of one of my son's friends was looking for over a year. My old drummer was looking for 9 months and his wife lost her job along the way so they finally ended up moving away because his wife found a job and they could move in with her family. I know master craftsmen that can hardly get work as a day laborer.

These are people that lost work to outsourcing. I know many others. So sorry if this issue gets me a little riled up.

So who gets the money that was "saved" by replacing these people with cheap labor (either abroad or illegals) to produce products of lesser quality? Well, China certainly has a lot of our money now. And the top 1% of wage earners get the most of it. They're getting it for selling us out. They're selling us vastly inferior goods and making more profit. It doesn't trickle down. How much money do you "save" by having to replace things frequently? And yes I know that not everything breaks and not everything is inferior - I'm speaking in general terms. How much money is "saved" by forcing our own population into un/under employment? I believe the way you compute these savings over time is best described as negative ammortization because in aggregate these savings are very expensive.

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
    You need to realize that, really, not everybody has a choice in the matter. I know you worked damn hard to get what you've got, but still, you are lucky to have it as well. Be grateful you have your steak and don't be so eager to tell us what are in these 88-cent hot dogs we have to eat.
    I don't begrudge you or anyone anything. Buy what you want. Eat what you want. I don't want anything you have to break or make you ill just because it's outsourced. I am grateful for what I have. I've sacrificed a lot to get to where I am and I work my ass off - well expect for right now

I have things made in China - it's unavoidable. But I buy stuff made in US/Canada/Europe when I can because as a general rule the products are better, cost me less in the long run, and I am supporting folks that I believe are far more likely to be on my side than China.

What we need is revolutionary thinkers in positions of leadership. Instead we get folks beholden to corporations. We drive ourselves further into debt to rebuild Iraq, Haitti, and who knows what else instead of taking care of our own. It's appalling to me to think that my tax dollars are going overseas to help people who would love to see us crumble when my friends like you Rich are struggling. We are paying for China's infrastructure and building up the strength and skill of their workforce rather than our own.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
      Wow, I didn't see Tim chiming in! What a shock!

For the record, Tim, I don't give a flying fuck what you think, and YOU can suck MY balls. Only person that matters concerning this amp is ME, cause it's mine and I'm the one playing it, no one else. How ya like THEM apples?
      I like apples just fine. Unfortunately, over the years I've developed an allergy to them when they are raw (and best).

Like I said to Rich, I don't care if you enjoy your amp. Just don't whine when outsourcing happens to you or someone you care about.

Since we're on the record, I don't give a flying fuck what you think of what I think. Like me, you are just another chump on an Internet message board spouting off about things that don't really matter much. Clearly I've ruffled your feathers a bit and for that I am utterly, sincerely, and truly amused.

- Newc

Comment

• it did, and it always does whenever a thread is brought up about products made in china. i have USA made amps - i was lucky enough to be able to afford them when i was younger. if my current amps died, i would be unable to replace them. in that case, i would HAVE to buy what i could afford - and being a gigging semi-pro musician, i would need amps that have the features my current amps have. staying USA may not be an option.

the economic issue is a catch 22. some can't afford to buy american because the products cost too much.....but they don't have good paying jobs because the jobs have been moved. it's a lose/lose argument every time. instead of treating people like shit while expressing an opinion, maybe we can just answer the person's question without going into attack mode.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          what we need is revolutionary thinkers in positions of leadership. Instead we get folks beholden to corporations. We drive ourselves further into debt to rebuild iraq, haitti, and who knows what else instead of taking care of our own. It's appalling to me to think that my tax dollars are going overseas to help people who would love to see us crumble when my friends like you rich are struggling. We are paying for china's infrastructure and building up the strength and skill of their workforce rather than our own.
          +100000000000000000000000000
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Clearly I've ruffled your feathers a bit and for that I am utterly, sincerely, and truly amused.
            GRAMMAR POLICE!
            BEE BOO BEE BOO BEE BOO
            :ROTF:

On a more serious note, you all need to calm down...
            I like EL34s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grim View Post
              GRAMMAR POLICE!
              BEE BOO BEE BOO BEE BOO
              :ROTF:

On a more serious note, you all need to calm down...
              what do you mean grammar police? he spelled it correctly - truly
              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                wow Rich, that's fucking horrible, I hope you still have some will left... can't you get into some social program in North East perhaps? I wish I could do something but I don't know my way around across the Atlantic
                Well, the Northeast is pretty liberal, but I live in the Southeast which is very conservative. I'm pretty hopeful this time around, it's really the third cycle of applying for it. I will likely get it, if I do, for the depression factor and having been hospitalized for that, rather than the physical stuff.

I mean I can play guitar for an hour set and rest and do it again, so in that regard I am lucky. I lost some skill level from the stroke, but again, I am lucky I can still play at all, and it has changed my approach where I think more about what I play. Which I should've done all along, you know?

I know it sounds bad, but again, I am saying it to really illustrate the point for Tim. I know he has a deep-seated thing about Chinese stuff, I know Ron does too. But they both need to realize that some of us do not have the LUXURY of having all US-made gear. And my story is embarrassing, which is to illustrate that those who can't afford American-made shouldn't HAVE to spell it out to justify their position. But I will, because a lot of you already know my story to an extent, and helped me out with meds after Katrina. Again, Tim was one of them, he's a good dude and I am not trying to say otherwise. I am just hoping he reads this and rethinks his hostility towards anyone who would buy Chinese-made gear.

I also understand the atrocities that occur in China, but with life as cheap as it is in China, if those people didn't have a job making Bugera amps, would they be starving, or what? Maybe just "population termination"?

Better to trade with China than to fight a world war with them.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                  I know it sounds bad, but again, I am saying it to really illustrate the point for Tim. I know he has a deep-seated thing about Chinese stuff, I know Ron does too. But they both need to realize that some of us do not have the LUXURY of having all US-made gear.
                  True.

And my story is embarrassing, which is to illustrate that those who can't afford American-made shouldn't HAVE to spell it out to justify their position.
                  If you were to say you were a Def Leppard fan I could understand feeling embarrassed (even shame). But you have nothing to be embarrassed about regarding your hard times IMO: you're not giving up, you're surviving, and you have made your contribution to society along the way. Nobody has to justify anything to me.

I am just hoping he reads this and rethinks his hostility towards anyone who would buy Chinese-made gear.
                  You are reading words I'm not writing. I've never felt any hostility towards you or anyone else for buying Chinese-made anything. That would be incredibly hypocritical on my part because I have plenty of Chinese-made stuff. My point is simply that these things are not as cheap as they purport to be initially. And any negativity I have is 100% for our so-called leadership and their puppeteers (aka. CEOs).

I also understand the atrocities that occur in China, but with life as cheap as it is in China, if those people didn't have a job making Bugera amps, would they be starving, or what? Maybe just "population termination"?
                  As soon as my family, friends, neighbors, and fellow countrymen are all taken care of I'll worry about China. If you can't take care of your own, there is no way in hell you can take care of others.

- Newc

Comment

• I like the phrase "I'm not rich enough to afford cheap things" so basically I agree with Tim.
                    But I guess you have to save for good stuff which is very hard for folks who have very low income and after paying for rent, food, gas etc. don't have much left in their pockets.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• I think I should move to Asia myself. Every westerner would be rich over there (except in Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong etc.). The real estate is cheap, the nature is incredible, the food is absolutely delicious and a great meal costs less than a buck + they got great musicians and biggest fucking skyline futu cities in the world.
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Since we're on the record, I don't give a flying fuck what you think of what I think. Like me, you are just another chump on an Internet message board spouting off about things that don't really matter much. Clearly I've ruffled your feathers a bit and for that I am utterly, sincerely, and truly amused.
                        Yeah? well,......I don't give a fuck about YOU not giving a fuck about me.....not.......wait...........:think:

All in good fun. Many of us, here, are quite opinionated, both of us, included!
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

• double post...sorry
                          Last edited by bombtek; 03-20-2010, 06:15 AM.
                          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Clearly I've ruffled your feathers a bit and for that I am utterly, sincerely, and truly amused.
                            There's the grammatical error. It should be utterly, sincerely, truly amused. Although truly and sincerely are rarely used in conjunction with one another anyways.

Whatever, i'll stop nitpicking.

This thread is getting out of hand. Brugera = reasonable amps for a reasonable price. I consider myself blessed to be able to afford a Powerball and a Mark V, those who are not so fortunate (This may sound bigheaded, this is not my intention) may love the Brugeras. I would rather not bring up financial situations in my posts.

I've plugged into Brugeras before and almost purchased a 6260 last year. Excellent deals.

Besides, Amps are opinionated as much as guitars. Every user on this forum is united by a brand of guitar, not amp. Play what makes sound and preferably what sounds good.

Cheers,

Grim
                            I like EL34s.

Comment

• Read the bar code labels!

Read the label (bar code) this will surprise you shoppers

This may be useful to know when grocery shopping, if it's a concern to you.

The whole world is afraid of China-made "black hearted goods".

Can you differentiate which one is made in Taiwan or China?

If the first 3 digits of the barcode are 690, 691 or 692, the product is MADE IN CHINA.. 471 is Made in Taiwan.

This is our right to know, but the government and related departments never educate the public, therefore we have to RESCUE ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products “MADE IN CHINA", so they don't show from which country it is made..

However, you may now refer to the barcode, remember if the first 3 digits are:

690 - 692 then it is MADE IN CHINA...
                              00 - 09 USA & CANADA
                              30 - 37 FRANCE
                              40 - 44 GERMANY
                              47 - Taiwan
                              49 - JAPAN
                              50 - UK

BUY USA by watching for "0" at the beginning of the number. We need every boost we can get!
                              In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else and perhaps even their job.

My grandson likes Hershey's candy. It is marked made in Mexico. I do not buy it any more. My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico now. I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything.

This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off brand labeled, “Everyday Value." I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the price. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland, Ohio.

So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here.

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets....yep, you guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada. The Everyday Value brand was less money and M ADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

So my challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA. The job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from China...........

(We should have awakened to this a decade ago......)

Let's get with the program.... help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the U.S.A. !!!

My dad who worked for GM for 40+ years sent me this in an e-mail. I think it is accurate.
                              Last edited by bombtek; 03-19-2010, 05:49 PM.
                              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

• Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                                So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets....yep, you guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada. The Everyday Value brand was less money and M ADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!
                                Please support us too We are not bad people
                                I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                                X