Bugera amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grim View Post
    There's the grammatical error. It should be utterly, sincerely, truly amused. Although truly and sincerely are rarely used in conjunction with one another anyways.

Whatever, i'll stop nitpicking.

This thread is getting out of hand. Brugera = reasonable amps for a reasonable price. I consider myself blessed to be able to afford a Powerball and a Mark V, those who are not so fortunate (This may sound bigheaded, this is not my intention) may love the Brugeras. I would rather not bring up financial situations in my posts.

I've plugged into Brugeras before and almost purchased a 6260 last year. Excellent deals.

Besides, Amps are opinionated as much as guitars. Every user on this forum is united by a brand of guitar, not amp. Play what makes sound and preferably what sounds good.

Cheers,

Grim
    So much for grammatical errors! Check your spelling! Its Bugera! :ROTF:

Just joking Bro!
    Sam

Comment

• The choices are easy for me, I'd like to get the best stuff I can afford, I'm not a patriot at all, couldn't care less about that crap but I do care about people's jobs and I mean everyone's jobs. But I have some dilemmas. I'd really like to support local farmers and agriculture but sometimes it's really hard to do. Our cheese is one of the blandest in the world, it's almost as bad as the cheese made in US. I don't feel guilt for buying Italian cheese instead and by that supporting a place which is filthy rich anyway. Since we don't have guitar and amp manufacturers over here, for that my money tends to go to USA, to the people who I don't get along with very well. For electronics my money goes to Japan and Germany. I don't know anyone in fucking Japan except for a few people and Germany brought us those god-awful schlager songs which is unforgivable. But all those assholes need a job too, I don't care what nationality they have.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
        So much for grammatical errors! Check your spelling! Its Bugera! :ROTF:

Just joking Bro!
        Well damnit.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

• Well, it coulda been worse, he coulda said "Brueggera". I'm guessing that woulda made it a bagel-shaped amp?
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Got to play one at NAMM, and I WILL be ordering one!

Anyone else try one? I mean, anyone who hasn't dropped masive $$$ on a Bogner, Mesa, Marshall, or other "I paid alot more, so it's better" amp
            Originally posted by thetroy View Post
            Ugh. An amp I've never seen or heard. Must be a piece of shit.

I only buy amps that cost more than $2000. Everything else is fucking trash.
            Are you being sarcastic, or are you an illiterate douche bag?? If its implied sarcasm, I apologize, but if you seriously posted this response to the initial post specifically stating that the response you posted need not apply, then youre an illiterate douche bag that probly spent $2000 on a Peavey Valve King cause some guy saw a sucker coming that knows nothing about tone to the individual except for what hes read on some old fogie Marshall and Gibson are the shit and everything else is shit forum!! Take a hike pal!! Go booger up some other forums thread. (no offense to those that enjoy the Valve king, it has its place.)
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

• Theres a 333XL in a local shop here new. I played it, I like it, though Im quite certain it would have sounded better through a bass-ier cab. (had matching cab)

Comment

• Jesus what a shitfest. It's not about SAVING money buying chinese as it is the heads of (generally) western companies deciding to MAKE more money by building over there and undercutting. Then well everyone has to go over there and make shit cause you gotta meet your peers price points!

This is only a problem because people don't like China for some reason. But the increasing chinese economy is increasing the publics power to change government. The government doesn't completely rule with an iron fist, it just wants to keep the public happy to keep the power. Atleast thats what I've summised from various accounts.

My grandad couldn't find work in Liverpool so jumped on a boat and came to Australia. Do what ya gotta do for your family.

bibz (has a usa made amp...fucking import piece of shit!)

Comment

• Originally posted by bibz View Post
                  It's not about SAVING money buying chinese as it is the heads of (generally) western companies deciding to MAKE more money by building over there and undercutting. Then well everyone has to go over there and make shit cause you gotta meet your peers price points!

This right here is the truth. Businessmen have always chased the Holy Grail of paying as little as they can for labor and materials strictly to put more money in their pockets. It costs Nike less than a dollar to make a pair of sneakers that retails for over $200 in the USA. Hardly anyone goes to cheaper labor to pass those savings onto the consumer.

It's one thing to say "if you disagree with it, don't buy their products" but when everything is made in a foreign country, what are we going to buy? You have to pay Americans a liveable wage. You can't pay them $14 a day and tell them to live in a commune and be happy. That's how China and Mexico work, and that's why these companies go there for their labor. Here in America, you can't have lax safety standards and child labor like you can in China and Mexico and India. You can't expect Americans to work and live like a third-world country simply to stuff more dollars in your own pocket.

Yet it's done every day, and people are not being hanged for treason like they should be.

Every business who moved their domestic facilities to cheaper countries did more to undermine the economy of the United States than those of us who shop at WalMart where everything's made outside the USA. The heads of those companies and boards of directors who unanimously voted in favor of the move simply to increase their personal salaries should have been hanged by the neck until dead.

My employer's parent company shut down a plant in Oklahoma a few years ago and moved it to Mexico. They reported "tragic news" to us that a construction worker fell to his death while constructing the new facility in Mexico. They were sooo distressed and apologetic to the guy's family.
                  I asked them if that was the facility they moved from Oklahoma, but never got an answer.
                  I then told them that guy would still be alive if that facility was still in Oklahoma.

Yes, I buy Chinese and Indonesian and Pakistani and Mexican and Thai and Japanese and world-wide-made products because you cannot find AFFORDABLE similar products that are made in America. My job pays well, but not enough that I can pay executive salaries and buy someone a yacht. And if buying American means I have to decide between buying toilet paper this week or buying food to eat or supporting a foreign economy, I'm going to support the foreign economy because that meets MY needs. My needs outweigh what any MBA/CEO/COO/Board Member wants.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    This right here is the truth. Businessmen have always chased the Holy Grail of paying as little as they can for labor and materials strictly to put more money in their pockets. It costs Nike less than a dollar to make a pair of sneakers that retails for over $200 in the USA. Hardly anyone goes to cheaper labor to pass those savings onto the consumer.

It's one thing to say "if you disagree with it, don't buy their products" but when everything is made in a foreign country, what are we going to buy? You have to pay Americans a liveable wage. You can't pay them $14 a day and tell them to live in a commune and be happy. That's how China and Mexico work, and that's why these companies go there for their labor. Here in America, you can't have lax safety standards and child labor like you can in China and Mexico and India. You can't expect Americans to work and live like a third-world country simply to stuff more dollars in your own pocket.

Yet it's done every day, and people are not being hanged for treason like they should be.

Every business who moved their domestic facilities to cheaper countries did more to undermine the economy of the United States than those of us who shop at WalMart where everything's made outside the USA. The heads of those companies and boards of directors who unanimously voted in favor of the move simply to increase their personal salaries should have been hanged by the neck until dead.

My employer's parent company shut down a plant in Oklahoma a few years ago and moved it to Mexico. They reported "tragic news" to us that a construction worker fell to his death while constructing the new facility in Mexico. They were sooo distressed and apologetic to the guy's family.
                    I asked them if that was the facility they moved from Oklahoma, but never got an answer.
                    I then told them that guy would still be alive if that facility was still in Oklahoma.

Yes, I buy Chinese and Indonesian and Pakistani and Mexican and Thai and Japanese and world-wide-made products because you cannot find AFFORDABLE similar products that are made in America. My job pays well, but not enough that I can pay executive salaries and buy someone a yacht. And if buying American means I have to decide between buying toilet paper this week or buying food to eat or supporting a foreign economy, I'm going to support the foreign economy because that meets MY needs. My needs outweigh what any MBA/CEO/COO/Board Member wants.

EXCELLENT point that the boards of directors and execs are the main ones at fault here. The consumer realy has no choice in these decisions.

Also, and sadly, even Jackson is not immmune to this, American workers do NOT have the pride of craftmanship they did a generation ago. We see stories like the guy with the Custom Shop NAMM 7-string with unplayably high action because the fretboard changes thickness down the length! That's a $4k Custom Shop piece!!!

Then there's Gibson quality control... the number of American car recalls.. Toyota has had a big one lately, but remember the exploding Pintos because of gas tank placement? The fix was under $100 per car, but instead Ford paid hush money to victims and survivors and kept making literal car bombs.

We live in a world economy now. China? We can either give them money by trading with them, or we will spend it fighting a world war with them when they go out to take the resources they need by force. That's just reality. Their human rights practices suck, but so do those of other countries whose records we ignore.

I'm not against that. It's not our place to tell the rest of the world how to live. We need to get our own shit together before we tell others anything.

We should probably get our troops out of everywhere but the US, cut foreign aid and focus on domestic problems, educate and train our poor for jobs that will be available in the new paradigm of the world economy.

Maybe we should even do what every other country has done - declare bankruptcy as a nation, and say we renounce our debts, forgive debts owed us, and wil pay cash and expect cash from now on.

I think the rest of the world will want to negotiate new terms where we can become mutual debtors again, but we can shed that load if we really want. No one can pick up the land and take it from here, and no one's coming in and taking over. We still have a 2-million person military and 10,000+ nuclear weapons, nobody's gonna bend us over and shake us down.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                      I know it sounds bad, but again, I am saying it to really illustrate the point for Tim. I know he has a deep-seated thing about Chinese stuff, I know Ron does too. But they both need to realize that some of us do not have the LUXURY of having all US-made gear.
                      And I agree 100% with Tim. Tell ya what, Rich, next time you have a choice between Chinese stuff and the non Chinese stuff, lemme know & I'll spot ya on up to, oh let's say $100.

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                      Read the bar code labels!

Not true, buddy: http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/barcodes.asp

Check snopes!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• FWIW I recall when Behringer products first hit the shelves years ago and a salesman I had dealt with enthusiastically recommended them based on price point and features. A year later I saw him in the same music store and asked about buying a Behringer--he told me I would have to sign a release to buy anything from him that Behringer made. I was caught off guard by this but he assured me their products were so bad that he had no interest in selling them to anyone. I picked up a Behringer parametric eq a few months ago for $25 and I'm happy with it. Of course, I'd rather have the version Ashley makes (if they make one) I just don't have $800 to spend on an effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by bibz View Post
                          bibz (has a usa made amp...fucking import piece of shit!)
                          apart from a couple of MI Audio pedals, all my gear is imported shit too!
                          Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          damnit to hell! We can't even rely on information in chain emails any more!!
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

• According to one of my IT instructors, the fore mentioned type of bar code is the first 6 digits(not counting the one off to the ends) is the company registered barcode number and the last six(again not counting the one of the end) are said companys personal product ID.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                              According to one of my IT instructors, the fore mentioned type of bar code is the first 6 digits(not counting the one off to the ends) is the company registered barcode number and the last six(again not counting the one of the end) are said companys personal product ID.
                              correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                                FWIW I recall when Behringer products first hit the shelves years ago and a salesman I had dealt with enthusiastically recommended them based on price point and features. A year later I saw him in the same music store and asked about buying a Behringer--he told me I would have to sign a release to buy anything from him that Behringer made. I was caught off guard by this but he assured me their products were so bad that he had no interest in selling them to anyone. I picked up a Behringer parametric eq a few months ago for $25 and I'm happy with it. Of course, I'd rather have the version Ashley makes (if they make one) I just don't have $800 to spend on an effect.
                                All this Behringer is crap stuff applying to Bugera is Bullshit plain and simple. Have had my 333XL for quite some time now, put it thru hell, and NEVER had even 1 issue. Still sounds great and is the loudest amp in the room. Take that however you want, but it's truthful sound advice from a working musician with one.
                                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                                X