Bugera amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
    What about the tubes being "hand-picked" to get the tone and all that? have you tried replacing the stock tubes with any other brand ones?
    I just put mesa's in I needed tubes fast just wanted to know if my amp was ok and it was. Sounds pretty much the same and thats ok with me, probley has a good bias set from the factory which can be rare lol.
    EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
    1959Epiphone les paul
    george L cables
    mxr pedals
    Engl fireball 100

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      so you've heard that? There are quite a few Bugera owners in this thread who seem quite happy with the amps, experienced guys who aren't just gushing over their very first tube amp, so it's more than just heresay & regurgitated internet conjecture being presented in this thread. Have a read through the rest of the thread
      Well each to their own , JDR94 was asking about their dependibilty and reliability on page 7 , i'm not going to sugarcoat if there are potential flaws or problems, and yes i have read the whole thread.
      I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

• Yes, I'm one of the doubting crowd....but if they hold up, great!

I'll just keep on hand wiring my stuff, and let it be.
        Too bad I can't charge for the time it takes.
        The durability and tone pays off though.
        God forbid if anyone who can build an amp by hand makes a living out of it!
        Fugg those stupid basstids!

Comment

• Originally posted by loose Cannon View Post
          Well each to their own , JDR94 was asking about their dependibilty and reliability on page 7 , i'm not going to sugarcoat if there are potential flaws or problems, and yes i have read the whole thread.
          yes, he did ask about that. But you've provided nothing more than hearsay about that, so you've not answered his questions anyway. You say you've heard of reliability issues - from whom? Have you actually seen the issues that you're warning of, or did you just read about it on the net? If you are an amp tech that has actually opened up these amps to see, or have dealt with these supposed failures, your word will carry some weight. But then, you wouldn't have started your post with "Ive heard..."
          Hail yesterday

Comment

• I'm pretty close to buying the rebel 20 head to stick in my rack for the time being just didn't care for the Orange tiny terror all that much and the Bugera has more features.
            If the Bugrera pops a cork I know a very good amp tech and I'll let him fix it then mod it.
            From all the reviews I have read its a very solid amp for the money.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

yes, he did ask about that. But you've provided nothing more than hearsay about that, so you've not answered his questions anyway. You say you've heard of reliability issues - from whom? Have you actually seen the issues that you're warning of, or did you just read about it on the net? If you are an amp tech that has actually opened up these amps to see, or have dealt with these supposed failures, your word will carry some weight. But then, you wouldn't have started your post with "Ive heard..."
              Vitamin G ,the plastic transformer clips having loose connections causing sparking which has caused alot of the problems , thats why you hear they maybe a potential fire hazard. I do believe that the newer bugera amps on the market have this problem rectified now.The below link will explain about these failures so this should carry some weight.
              http://www.deanguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66361&highlight=bugera+333xl

It always helps to research to get the pros & cons before making any purchase no matter the price. For an all tube amp thats so cheap like the Bugera one must ask why its so cheap?? Is it because of cheap components used , levies on US made amps compared to those made in Asia somewhere coming into Australia ,or overcharging by reputable amp manufacturers.

Food for thought....
              I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

• have had my 333XL head for a month now... sounds great through my UberKab!

Nothing new to add to the body of reviews already on the net... but if you are looking for some confirmation re: the 333XL head, the following will provide some.

Sound at low volume is surprisingly good, though of course, the more you crank it, better it sounds. Definitely useable as a bedroom amp.

Clean channel does not compare to the clean tone of my Rebel 20 (which is pristine, crystal clear clean btw), but is very useable for the typical Metal clean sections. The built-in reverb comes in very handy for the clean channel. The reverb sounds good, is present, but not over-powering... just right.

Crunch channel good for Blues, Classic Rock sounds. When gain is maxed out, could do some Hard Rock too. And yes, 100% of the gain is useable (at least for me... YMMV)

Lead Channel is my favorite channel. Instead of using adjectives with meanings that no one is really sure of... I'll just say this... it's good Especially when cranked Again, 100% of the gain here is very useable (for me)

All knobs are quite responsive, and the effects of turning them are very apparent. Some people make a big deal of the plastic knobs... but the vast majority of amps these days use plastic knobs anyway... I don't see what that has to do with anything.

So far, have only experienced positive things... have not experienced any negatives. My only complaint would be that it's FREAKING LOUD... but thankfully the tone at bedroom levels is still very good.

Once my "Twin Jet" Uberschall head arrives, would be interesting to see how they compare.

- Leo.

Comment

• I have my XXX + 4 x 12 cab for about 6 weeks now (thanks to this thread) and I'm still very happy with it. great sounds, really usable eq etc.

Parts might be weak but these are easily (and cheaply) replacable, nb I'm not to carefull with my stuff but up to now everything is still where it should be and it is working fine
                  Last edited by fred dons; 07-01-2009, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• I just had to replace the power tube because it blew, they dont seem to last that much on these amps. all in all a decent amp!
                    1959Epiphone les paul
                    george L cables
                    mxr pedals
                    Engl fireball 100

Comment

• anyone got opinions on the 6262

Comment

so you've heard that? There are quite a few Bugera owners in this thread who seem quite happy with the amps, experienced guys who aren't just gushing over their very first tube amp, so it's more than just heresay & regurgitated internet conjecture being presented in this thread. Have a read through the rest of the thread
                        Here here!

Originally posted by loose Cannon View Post
                        Vitamin G ,the plastic transformer clips having loose connections causing sparking which has caused alot of the problems , thats why you hear they maybe a potential fire hazard. I do believe that the newer bugera amps on the market have this problem rectified now.The below link will explain about these failures so this should carry some weight.

It always helps to research to get the pros & cons before making any purchase no matter the price. For an all tube amp thats so cheap like the Bugera one must ask why its so cheap?? Is it because of cheap components used , levies on US made amps compared to those made in Asia somewhere coming into Australia ,or overcharging by reputable amp manufacturers.

Food for thought....
                        Yes, the earliest Bugera bugs have been rectified. Mine doesn't have the clip and is solderred.

Bugera saved most of the money on the asthetics and pots being plastic, and yes, they should be handled with care when transporting. I've had my 333XL for a while now and it has a lot of gigging hours and travel hours on it. Lots of load ins and load outs, in and out of the truck. Not a single issue. This amp is a beast in every sense of the word.

If somebody MISHANDLES this amp enough to break something off or kill a pot..... maybe they should consider playing the drums. lol
                        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

• Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                          Here here!
                          thanks, man. And I haven't even tried a Bugera!

Originally posted by loose Cannon View Post

Food for thought....
                          I'd actually forgotten all about this thread, but to respond now: I agree, it is important to research any major purchase for pros & cons. It's also important to consider the integrity of information during your research. Your initial post spoke of instances of dodgy wiring, sheared off pots, blow & burntout power valves. And yet when pressed, you provide a link to a thread discussing a known issue which has since been rectified in the product line (and so ceases to be a concern if you're buying a newer amp) in which most participants stated that despite that small issue, this is still a good amp for the money. No discussion of all these other issues you mentioned. Again, do you have any evidence of all these problems, are they common occurrences or isolated incidents, or is this just more internet hyperbole?
                          Last edited by VitaminG; 07-08-2009, 01:33 AM. Reason: edited for typos
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

• Checked one out.. it's actually a halfway decent sounding amp for metal.

But I'm tellin' you guys ..Peavey 3120!!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• MY 6260 still kicks some serious ass! mxr eq'd new mesa power tubes and telefunken's and rft's in my gain stages and damm sweet at high volume! I tried the 1990 last week was pretty impressed also. the gain was nice but the 6260 had a little more metal to it but was pretty sweet. And damm the clean was crazy good! clean, clear, bright just popped at ya! had a bit a plexi to it. I reallly loved the clean, wish I had that tone. Still have to listen to there 1960 plexi version, put a pedal in front and look the fu.. out this will rock for sure. I tested the amp with a 4-12 Lynch cab and a music man axis guitar.
                              1959Epiphone les paul
                              george L cables
                              mxr pedals
                              Engl fireball 100

Comment

• Jeezus !! I was considering a V22 combo just to haul & thrash around
                                with instead of trying to haul around a half stack.....:think: Now that
                                I see the more money you spend it's freakin' obvious,:idea: Soldano is
                                the only solution.....

rat

Comment

Working...
                                X