Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
    Uh, huh huh, he said "hard".

Personally, I'm keeping well away from any equipment called "Buggerer", it promises to be a real pain in the arse.
    Why? It seems that a guy named Rsmacker would be a perfect endorsee for an amp named Buggerer!

"Rsmacker says ' My Buggerer amp will put metal up your ass!'"
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
      Behringer got sued by Boss over pedal designs being copied.

http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2005/...over-boss.html
      This article makes it seem like Behringer is getting sued over the looks of the pedals, not the actual electronic designs. I am not privvy to the details of Mackey's suit against them, but I would guess it is a similar situation. Reverse engineering electronics is perfectly legal.
      "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        The bottom line is regardless of the quality this economic trend is simply not sustainable. Eventually, Americans will realize that shopping at Walmart and getting piece of shit DVD players for $40 is not really that good of a deal.

You said a mouthful! I'm on my 3rd POS import DVD player, and I don't watch
        a hell of a lot of DVDs. If I could FIND a US-built model at twice the price, I'd
        be all over it...

Comment

• My $20 Apex DVD player plays all regions DVDs and works better than my $100 Pioneer DVD player. Of course the Pioneer player is 5 years old and I've only had the Apex for a few months, but I got it because it doesn't reject DVD-Rs and RWs like the Pioneer does.

Using a lens cleaner might help, just a thought....
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
            My $20 Apex DVD player plays all regions DVDs and works better than my $100 Pioneer DVD player. Of course the Pioneer player is 5 years old and I've only had the Apex for a few months, but I got it because it doesn't reject DVD-Rs and RWs like the Pioneer does.

Using a lens cleaner might help, just a thought....

Oh man, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Not long after DVD players came out, I bought a close-to top-of-the-line Hitachi DVD player. It cost me around $450 IIRC. Well, not long after, I started copying DVDs, and burning DIVX movies. My like-new DVD player wouldn't play any of them. So, my wife went out and bought a Phillips DVD/DIVX player for $39 at Walmart that plays everything, with just good quality as the Hitachi did. On top of that, I can now buy the 1080i up-converting version of the Phillips for $49.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

• Is Bugera really hot trash? I finally got around to playing one (333xl combo) and really liked the sound. The salesperson was about as helpful as constipation when I asked about the quality issues I have read about online (dont think he knew much about the amps).

Anyone that has any knowledge to share, I would love to hear it.

Do they really flame out that quick?

I am looking for a small tube amp and am going back and forth between the 333xl combo and the Krank Rev JR.

Comment

• It might just have been teething troubles, because I haven't heard anything for a while. Maybe they got the bugs worked out after the first batch.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

• a band that we play a lot of shows with has a guitarist that uses the bugera copy of the JSX. his tone is awesome and he has had NO problems with the amp. they are tour with jimmie's chicken shack now, so if the amp is gonna fail, in theory it would be now....we'll see....

my all american made rivera rig (2 heads, 3 cabs, footcontrollers, etc) cost about about 20 times what his half stack cost, and when my shit breaks down i usually need to send it back to rivera because of some of the parts they use - sometimes they won't sell the parts to the local repair guys, and they have no local authorized repair people....to be fair, i have been gigging that rig heavily since 1994, and it has broken down 4 times....hahahaha, i may end up buying a bugera head for back while my rivera heads are getting repaired at the factory....

i also own one of the behringer MX8000 mixers (one of the big ass 48 channel recording mixers from the mackie lawsuit) and that thing is SOLID!!! about the only thing i can't do with it is automated mixing...it wasn't cheap when i bought it either....i got it after seeing an advert in the early 90's when metallica was touring with 2 of those boards - i figured if it was good enough for metallica to tour with, then it will be fine for my home studio. and it has been - for years!!!

i HAVE had a bunch of their cheap rack gear break though....but we use 2 of the feedback destroyers in our PA rack and they have been flawless for a few years now...

take it for what it is worth....
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    Wrong. It's not about geer snobbery or anything like that. Behringer is known for building absolute pieces of shit. I say that as a Behringer customer (former). I've owned a number of their products and all but the one PA power amp and the original V-Amp were totally pieces of shit made from fucking junk components. I've had to return enough Behringer stuff for not working THE FIRST TIME I plugged it in to be confident in saying that this Bugera amp is going to be a piece of shit.

So you can hop off your mighty show pony.
                    Tim, I have a Behringer LX112 1 x 12 combo. Its a modeling amp. It has so many features its staggering. The rear of the amp has around 15 different jacks and controls on the back. If you plug an external cab into it it because 2 x 60w stereo. If not.. its 1 x 120w mono. It came with a 2 button switch and a Bugera speaker. I can't think of a single feature that I would need that it doesn't have. I have been beating the snot out of it for almost 3 years now. I have used it as a keyboard amp (by bypassing the preamps with a push of 2 buttons), I have used it to power a little DJ set up at a few of my kids parties, I have done small gigs with it, I rehearse for hours with it almost every day and it just keeps on ticking. It also has really good factory patches that I use exclusively.
                    With that said.. I have used Behringer power amps and mixers and powered mixers and their rack mount effects and I will say they are pretty poor. None of them ever broke on me but they really didn't sound very good. They do make a good DI box though. The Ultra-G is a very good guitar DI box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                      I'd much rather go cheap on a guitar and own a good amp than the other way around.

+1! The EVH principle...

Comment

• Just chiming in on the behalf of those who had bad experiences with their stuff...

No need getting our backs up...I am just saying I had problems with FCB1010, V-Amp, Virtulizer as well as listened to my friend who was a Behinger dealer go on about how he has to send broken stuff back weekly...

Look at it this way...Lets say 50% of their stuff last forever and the other 50% fails...

That is NOT exactly a good track record...THIS IS WHY they get ragged on! Deservedly so! Good on those who came out on the good side of the coin toss! Wish I had!

On the other hand...I can say from experiance that...The V-Amp had great sounds at the time...The DI is a useable piece of equipment and so is the bass DI
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

• The best of all this is that this thread is STILL resurfacing and going on. hehe.

I'm not Ron!

Comment

• well, it is interesting when a product comes and breaks open a price point that has never really been available before....

tube amp have always been expensive, and the expectation IS that they are expensive....

those of us with expensive tube amps don't want to believe a product can be made loaded with as many features as the bugera offers...for the cost of RETUBING one of our heads (depending on certain factors, of course).....

i don't want to believe it. as i said, a band we play with has a guy that is using one on tour now. i will VERY interested to hear how it held up on the road every night for a month....my expensive amps have held up on several tours and have even been dropped...they work great!!!

the verdict is out on the bugera - unless you play at home and want an impressive amp to make your girlfriend wet....then the bugera should be awesome!!!!
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

• Paraphrase thread:

First guy: Hmm Bugera tube amps? Features for less $$$? ???

#2: Behringer! Hitler's company in the 1930's!

#3: Remmemer the Alamo!

#4: 60% of the time they burn down your house everytime.

Canadian guy: MY BALLS!

#5: Amps with gold pots only!

#6: Obama's grampa worked for Fender!

#7: Republicans ! YAH! China!

Canadian guy: MY DING-ALING!

History guy 1: I heard that Behringer speakers were used in concentration camps.

#8: Where's the proof?

#9: Some random links

#10: I'm a USA American! #1 you MORANS!!!11

#11: Patriot act speech

#12: Behringer=Bugera=Boston=Tom Scholz=Rockman

History guy 2: Tube amp schematics discovered in ancient Pyramids.

#14: PROOF??

#15: Can't you see it dummazz?

Canadian Guy: Get along everyone...with MY BALLZ!

#17: Eddie Van Halen stole teh Marshall blueprints!

<general sabre rattlin'>

Business guy: Here's a Fortune 500 business model I worked on.

Other Business guy: You're Fired!

Drunk Brit: The Colonies? Again?

#22: Japanese electonic product! FTW!

#23: Ya Walmart! Ya singlemoms!

Morals and Ethics guy: A 200$ amp and a 5000$ amp are on a train about to hit 16 illegal immigrants, the moral choice is?

<general ethics 101 talk>

#26: Non USA amps support teh muzz-limbs are everywherez!111

#27: I like Peavy?

#28: Peavy sucks!

#29: I bought every piece of Behringer gear and with it built a rocket that made it to the moon and back three times!

#30: Ya but you stole a job from a union guy you capitalist pig.

Canadian guy: I'm typing with my DONG lets get ALONG!

#31: I found a near mint Blasnaputakuptski 150 watt, one off amp, 3 Custom Shops and near-gold plated tip Monster cables for $100 on craigslist.

#32: I sent my amp to Carlos Santana for re-biasing.

#33: You fuk nut! He'll electrocute himself!

#34: Post the schematics!

<general merriment>

#35: If you use Chinese or Russian tubes you broke the Patriot act, terrors!

Philosophy guy: The tube/solid state debate is a reframing of the mind/body problem.

Guy: NO META-NARRATIVES!

ad nauseam, ad infinitum
                              "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                              Zakk Wylde

Comment

• Hey FlyingSkull....
                                That was funniest thing I've read on a long time, thank you.:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X