Bugera amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hippietim View Post

So you can hop off your mighty show pony.
    That's funny as hell coming from you Tim.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I'd just save up a little more and get the real 5150 or the real XXX or the real JSX.
      I love the idea and the concept, but Rupe is dead on the money. The Price point is just way too low on these to be made of anything but crap components.
      I hope that anyone that does buy one of these gets lucky with it.
      I'd love to have a 5150 for $400.
      I love the idea behind this , I just don't feel confident enough to shell out the cash for one.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Peavey is the best bang for the buck..always was and always will be..

..followed closely by Carvin.

Behringer = PP Cacka!!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah...It is very likely a used Peavey will out last one of these...If they are like the other Behringer products...

My poor XXX has been through it all...Just last Friday night we did a show and in order to get all of Steves equipment in with mine, I had to bungie the head on top of my 2x12 G-Flex...I hit the curb turning out of a parking lot and...BAM! It rocked one way then the other, smacking into the side of my Blazer...Shit like this always happens...that thing is a tank!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I own 3 Behringer products and they all work fine and sound fine.

The ValveKing I owned also worked and sounded fine.

In fact, I've never had a problem with any piece of gear from anyone.

I think some people are just unnecessarily hard on equipment.

Comment

What Behringer products do you have? Do you move them much or do they stay put? Connecting/un connecting all test the equipment...Mind you...My V-Amp didn't go anywhere...Also...not trying to be an ass but...rebutting this comment..."I think some people are just unnecessarily hard on equipment" MY FRIEND WAS A DEALER...NEVER HAD SO MANY PRODUCTS RETURNED...Just reiterating because that has nothing to do with MY abusing equipment...That is a fact...Unless everyone just happens to abuse Behringer stuff...

That was not ment to piss on anyone...But not all of us make comments just for the sake of confrontation...So when I add my 2 cents...It isn't out off my ass but drawn from experience...as is with most of the people commenting on this thread...

Bottom line...These amps are lower cost alternatives to the XXX, JSX and 5150...However...the track record of these two manufacturers suggest that one would LIKELY be better off getting a slightly used Peavey of the like...

We aren’t wiping our dicks out here...just trying to help...But yes...My cock IS bigger than yours! Just sayin'...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

My stuff isn't played out every day, more like once a week. FCB1010 foot controller and A500 power amp. My backup is the V-Ampire head (LX1500 or something?).

Your dealer friend doesn't necessarily mean the products were bad.

When things are priced cheaply 2 things happen:

1 - More people buy them who don't know what they're doing (thus more returns).

2 - People don't treat them with as much care simply because they're cheap (thus more returns).

I agree that the Peavey is proven to be decent, but think that these ought not be discounted based on the name alone.

Comment

Okay, am I the only lost one here? How did a thread about Bugera turn into a thread about Behringer?
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                    I own 3 Behringer products and they all work fine and sound fine.

The ValveKing I owned also worked and sounded fine.

In fact, I've never had a problem with any piece of gear from anyone.

I think some people are just unnecessarily hard on equipment.
                    I don't believe I was unnecessarily hard on the Behringer bass amp that I bought that wouldn't turn off after it's first use (fresh out of the box). I also don't believe I was unnecessarily hard on the replacement Behringer bass amp that wouldn't turn on for it's first use. Then there's the Behringer mixer that had tone knobs that would spin but do nothing. And then there were the Behringer stomp boxes made out of the same plastic they use to make cheap "multimedia" computer speakers. If a part can be made from cheap and brittle plastic, the Behringer will use it.

I think some companies just make unnecessarily shitty products.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                      Okay, am I the only lost one here? How did a thread about Bugera turn into a thread about Behringer?
                      Bugera = Behringer

Kind of like that little Blackheart tube amp is actually a Crate.

And tim,

I'm not saying everything they make is good, I'm just saying that not everything they make is bad.

Just curious, what years did you try that stuff? The oldest stuff I have is from like 2004-2005. I've heard, but have no way to verify, that the newer stuff is better than the old stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                        behringer makes, or at least distributes, bugera amps.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Behringer stuff isnt that great. They basically take another manfacturers product and find a chinese manufacturer to duplicate it. The chinese use the cheapest components they can find. If anyone has behringer stuff that lasts then thats great but most of it is crap.

Does Behringer make the Bugera amps?

Behringer was sued by Mackie awhile back because they took the mackie mixers and duplicated them exactly down to the color of knobs. The circuits were identical. Behringer is a bad company to deal with IMHO. I wonder what real amp they stole the design of to make the Bugera amps.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            Peavey is the best bang for the buck..always was and always will be..

..followed closely by Carvin.

Behringer = PP Cacka!!!
                            IMO Peavey has NEVER made a shit product. Everything
                            that ever had the Peavey name on it, while maybe not being
                            the best...is certainly "Good" quality. Right now im looking at
                            a $189.00 Peavey 4 string bass, that imo looks and plays like
                            any $600.00 Fender bass!

Comment

I'm not saying everything they make is good, I'm just saying that not everything they make is bad.
                              And I'm saying the odds are against you

Just curious, what years did you try that stuff? The oldest stuff I have is from like 2004-2005. I've heard, but have no way to verify, that the newer stuff is better than the old stuff.

2001-2007
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have one of these EX2200 thingys. I used to run it in the effects loop of my 5150 when I was gigging. It was very reliable. It brought that 5150 to life. I liked it better than the BBE I had. When I get the effects loop put in my marshall clone I am gonna try it in there too.
                                Scott
                                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X