Bugera amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ezbprimerib View Post
    Bugera is made by Behringer. http://www.behringer.com/02_products...x.cfm?lang=Eng
    Or should I say they are made by poor chinese kids for Behringer exclusively

Great price on these and decent tones. I'm just not into knock off amps (just like a [mesa,marshall,peavey,insert name here]). I can afford the real thing, why settle for "almost"?
    That's the point; these amps are aimed at the people who CAN'T afford the real thing. With the heads at AMS for $499-$599, they've actually priced them below what you can usually even get the real things for used.

Considering that the "real thing", the 5150, is a knockoff itself of the SLO100, price point was the issue behind that amp as well - that and Eddie wanting to make some money.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well it will be interesting to see how these hold up over time...There is a store in the area selling them. If they can take what my XXX has taken for the 5 years I have abused it...Then they are a steal... Time will tell...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
        Thanks.

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        Newc is like the oposite of Mulder:

"I don't want to believe"
        Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        but Newc is usually the first one reaching for his tin foil hat....

As I said, I went to both Behringer and Bugera's sites, and neither specifically stated who made them, only that both were under the Red Chip umbrella.

Searching Behringer's site for "Bugera" only returns Bugera speakers in Behringer-logoed amp cabinets.

That's hardly the same as saying "Hi, we're Behringer, we make Bugera amps".

As for "the real thing" vs "cheap Chinese fakes" - if one can do as good a job as the other for less than half the price, where's the problem?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I did find a couple of articles from last year on H-C that announced that Behringer was now making tube amps and calling them Bugera. But no official word, no statements from Behringer saying so, so that might've been a bit of journalistic license at play
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Thanks.
            As for "the real thing" vs "cheap Chinese fakes" - if one can do as good a job as the other for less than half the price, where's the problem?
            That's easy. If we take the extreme example, brands like Behringer who steal from other companys can drive those companies into bankruptcy.
            In an extreme setting no company would research new products anymore because of fear of getting ripped off. After all you have to make back your investments from researching before you get any money in your pocket from selling your products.
            Some years ago Mackie had financial problems and i am sure Behringer isn't innocent with that.

It often is funny. So many people complain that the chinese steal so many designs and how wrong this is, that they destroy jobs in other countries, yet if they personally can save a buck by buying a chinese copy they are all over it.
            I think it's more of a moral attitude if you support Behringer with their cheap gear in this case or if you go with the original which is of course more expensive. But if you like to buy chinese clone gear, never complain if a chinese company rips off the company you are working in and as a result loose your job.

Flo
            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              If you have to ask that question then there is no argument.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I found this...
                http://news.softpedia.com/news/Buger...er-45651.shtml
                "Notorious producer Behringer goes all-tube with Bugera amps"

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
                  That's easy. If we take the extreme example, brands like Behringer who steal from other companys can drive those companies into bankruptcy.
                  In an extreme setting no company would research new products anymore because of fear of getting ripped off. After all you have to make back your investments from researching before you get any money in your pocket from selling your products.
                  Some years ago Mackie had financial problems and i am sure Behringer isn't innocent with that.

It often is funny. So many people complain that the chinese steal so many designs and how wrong this is, that they destroy jobs in other countries, yet if they personally can save a buck by buying a chinese copy they are all over it.
                  I think it's more of a moral attitude if you support Behringer with their cheap gear in this case or if you go with the original which is of course more expensive. But if you like to buy chinese clone gear, never complain if a chinese company rips off the company you are working in and as a result loose your job.

Flo
                  It's not about saving a buck by buying Chinese. It's more like: Either I can get the Chinese product or I get nothing at all.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what happens in the long run.
                    Fender had a big problem with the Hot Rod Deluxe and a few other amps when they went to mount cheap pots on a thin board, instead of wiring up the pots the hard way.
                    I'm relearning what I already knew by building: there is no cheap way to get decent quality. Jacks, pots, tube sockets, caps, resistors...even the wires go up in price exponentially for good quality. There's just no getting around it.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                      It's not about saving a buck by buying Chinese. It's more like: Either I can get the Chinese product or I get nothing at all.
                      Not true...there are other options out there that aren't ripping off other companies. There is also the other option of saving up a bit longer until the real deal becomes affordable. Just because it's all a person can afford at a given time is absolutely no justification for supporting the ultimate demise of the companies who actually sink funds into R&D in order to offer better products.

Comment

Yup and when they start copying Jackson soloists like they do the Les Pauls and Ibanez guitars im sure youll be upset right???

Also you can get a great used amp for the same as a new Behringer/Bugera rip off.

Behringers R&D is simple. They order a good product from Musiciansfriend such as a Line 6 SPider or POD and then take it to a Chinese dude and say copy this for me but use cheaper parts and labor. Since the Mackie lawsuit they have changed the colors though. I saw a mint condition used 5150 for $400 once. You can get great gear if youre patient and look around. Peavey is made in Mississippi. Id rather keep them working rather than keep the chinese working.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                          Yup and when they start copying Jackson soloists like they do the Les Pauls and Ibanez guitars im sure youll be upset right???

Also you can get a great used amp for the same as a new Behringer/Bugera rip off.

Eh, no. I can't really afford a real soloist anyway so I don't care.

I'd love to see a great 3-channel tube amp with independent controls and a footswitchable boost for under $600 including shipping and footswitch.

Not gonna happen new or used without China.

Comment

Eh, no. I can't really afford a real soloist anyway so I don't care.

I'd love to see a great 3-channel tube amp with independent controls and a footswitchable boost for under $600 including shipping and footswitch.

Not gonna happen new or used without China.
                            If that's the only criteria you find acceptable then you are right for a new amp. However, used shouldn't be a problem - a Carvin V3 would do what you want and they're like $800 for a used half stack.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Guess I stand corrected, I thought the V3 was more expensive.

Those must be good, absolutely none of them on eBay!

Comment

Guess I stand corrected, I thought the V3 was more expensive.

Those must be good, absolutely none of them on eBay!

They show up from time to time and thats why I said before to be patient and look around. We DO NOT have to depend on cheap gear from china. Craigslist has great deals on amps and stuff but ya have to be patient.

My biggest issue with Behringer is the way they "reverse engineer" other peoples stuff and go to china to get it made cheaper. Where is the innovation in that?

Just a quick 2 inute search turned up this awesome deal on a great tube amp.Ya have to search

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/684269815.html
                                Last edited by yard dawg; 06-26-2008, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X