Vetta vs Soldano rack system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lerxstcat
    Might cause considerable depression among all those tube guys! The hate has been strong and long, and the modeling enthusiasts have been saying all along, "Wait, it'll only get better". I also think that many of the digital atrifacts that bothered listeners dialing in an amp by itself would probably disappear in the mix in a live setting. Have those artifacts been addressed with the upgrades? I'd think so, it seems Line6 really listens to its customers and deals with any shortcomings via its updates.
    I agree 100%. Even I said "wait... it will only get better". I firmly believe that with the new 2.5 upgrade on the Vetta.. that time has come.
    Tube guys would be blown away the first time they heard a properly dialed in Vetta.
    At this point.. I can't imagine Line 6 could make this amp any better except to add an acoustic simulator like the Boss AC2.

Comment

I'm all about convenience in a package. That's why I still play a rack with only a midi board at my feet. I may branch out and actually get a wah but even that will bother me out of the corner of my eye.
      I like how detailed Cable is with his Vetta info. I'm also taking into consideration his credibility coming from a Soldano rack guy. Although I've owned a PODPRO, Spider, and still have an AX2 as my practice amp, I'm thinking if my shit broke, I'd prolly go Vetta with 2.5. All this jabber and now I'm gassing for my hands on a Vetta to toy with. Gassing for a modeling amp??? I can't believe I said that. lol

Comment

i have a somewhat OT question...line 6 related, though.

i know that JF dagenais of kataklysm has been using the line 6 flextone II head for quite some time now. i'm pretty sure their last album serenity in fire was recorded with that amp, as the guitar sound has that digital "edge" (which is not exactly a bad thing btw).
        however, the new record in the arms of devastation has a GREAT guitar sound that's very different from his past sounds.
        the fact that he had the very same sound when i saw them live a few weeks ago kinda makes me wonder if he indeed used a modeler for that record, too. my question is, has the flextone enough "balls" to get into that sonic territory? it's quite cheap on ebay, and i'm thinking about buying some modeling/SS amp for bedroom playing anyways - don't wanna fire up the 5150 all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
          i have a somewhat OT question...line 6 related, though.

i know that JF dagenais of kataklysm has been using the line 6 flextone II head for quite some time now. i'm pretty sure their last album serenity in fire was recorded with that amp, as the guitar sound has that digital "edge" (which is not exactly a bad thing btw).
          however, the new record in the arms of devastation has a GREAT guitar sound that's very different from his past sounds.
          the fact that he had the very same sound when i saw them live a few weeks ago kinda makes me wonder if he indeed used a modeler for that record, too. my question is, has the flextone enough "balls" to get into that sonic territory? it's quite cheap on ebay, and i'm thinking about buying some modeling/SS amp for bedroom playing anyways - don't wanna fire up the 5150 all the time
          I gigged with a Flextone HD for an entire year. My sound was good enough live for my bandmate (who used both dual and triple rectifiers at the time)
          to give modeling amps a chance. I then upgraded my Flextone HD to a Boss GT6 powered only by a Carvin X100B tube head. That convinced him to go to the music store and a/b recto's and the Vetta. He sold his triple rectifier and bought a Vetta 2 HD. He kept the dual because its a first year early production model that he ordered.
          So.. to answer your question. Yes.
          If you are going with a Flextone head I would suggest the Flextone 2 HD.
          If you want to go for a cheap modeling head that still sounds really good... look at the new Line 6 Spyder 2 heads. Cheap, loud and they sound pretty damn good.
          Just keep in mind.... there is no equal or replacement for the mighty VETTA.

Comment

yeah, i know, but then again, i don't need *another* gigging amp, just something for bedroom practice through my stack - the whole POD->soundcard thing just doesn't feel or look right
            i seriously doubt i'll ever use a modeling amp live...both my 5150 and my cobra kick *so* much ass and slice through any mix like a hot knife through butter, i'm set for pretty much any heavy situation really

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
              yeah, i know, but then again, i don't need *another* gigging amp, just something for bedroom practice through my stack - the whole POD->soundcard thing just doesn't feel or look right
              i seriously doubt i'll ever use a modeling amp live...both my 5150 and my cobra kick *so* much ass and slice through any mix like a hot knife through butter, i'm set for pretty much any heavy situation really
              Forget the home bedroom practice through a stack. Just pick up a Roland Cube 30 and you can jam all day long and sound great.
              One of the Line 6 Spyder 2's or a Flextone 2 or 3 are other great choices. There are a ton of great modeling amps for bedroom jamming. I always thought the Roland Cube 30 was a standout considering its size and tone.

Comment

volume is not really the issue. of course i can't CRANK my tube amps at home, but i can get up to a decent level - think 5150 on 10:00. last gig i had it set to 9:30, so go figure
                it's more about the tubes and the versatility...i don't wanna kill my tubes by jamming at home for a few hours a day.

Comment

Working...
                X