Vetta vs Soldano rack system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fretburner
    Yeah thanks! one of the main reasons for updating the amp was to try those wah's and have the solo feature. The wah's do sound pretty killer. The only thing the amp lacks is a good VH sounding flange. If you have one let me know!
    I think you can deep edit the flange. I will look into it.

There are a few good EVH flange sounds on the Institute of Noise patch exchange. Maybe you should download a few and you can compare how they have their flangers set up. Thats what I usually do when I can't figure something out. Also, try out the ducking delay. Whoever came up with that is one sick fuk. Its very cool.

Comment

you talked about the 2 guitar thing with this amp, like you can double the sound of the guitar

is there such a thing as an octave or 5th or 4th option like the 2nd guitar is in harmony with yours ?

Comment

Yeah but it would only be a straight shift ..always a perfect 5th etc...

All you would have to do is assign the pitch shift to one amp all wet signal
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
          Yeah but it would only be a straight shift ..always a perfect 5th etc...

All you would have to do is assign the pitch shift to one amp all wet signal
          I would think you could also assign the harmony patch to a foot pedal. This way you could swell up another amp on another cabinet in harmony!

Comment

So the XTL has the Fletcher-Munson fix with V3 too?

Comment

Quick search on the line6 forum says PodXT series did not get this.

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Which makes sense because it's a feature that compensates for differences that occur as the power section is turned up. Despite the fact that an XT or XTL might well be connected to an external amp there's no way for either unit to know how loud that amp is turned up so there's no way for the units to decide how to compensate. Just another reason to spring for a used Vetta rather than going the XT/XTL route.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Interesting. That and the two amp thing make a Vetta sound pretty sweet. The ultimate amp hey.

Comment

now just gotta wait and hear how it sounds, that's the only thing holding me back from getting one right now

most clips I heard are like either cleans or low gain JCM 800 and stuff like that

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby
                      Interesting. That and the two amp thing make a Vetta sound pretty sweet. The ultimate amp hey.

Yeah and with the direct outs you can record two totally unique tones at once.
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
                        Yeah and with the direct outs you can record two totally unique tones at once.
                        And another thing... with the outputs on the Vetta 2 you can "reamp" when you record.
                        What that means is.... you can record your guitar tracks using either 1 or 2 amps with any effects you chose.
                        THEN...
                        Suppose you listen to the tracks back and you don't really like the amp models you chose or the effects...
                        You now have the option of changing the amp models, cabinet models and effects WITHOUT having to re-record the tracks!!!
                        How about that!
                        It works just like a midi keyboard. Your computer or recorder will record the Vetta digitally. This allows you to change anything. You will need to have the Vetta on to play the track though. Basically.. the computer sends the recorded digital signal back to the Vetta and the Vetta "plays" your already recorded guitar track. You can change anything you want!

Comment

You can also reamp with the XT into a PC with the USB recording. Damn, now I'm thinking of getting another Vetta. I remember when I would post about playing gigs and recording projects with mine and having 90% of the board telling me to get rid of it.

Pete

Comment

I wish Cable and his Vetta would come to Iowa for my Tone Party this month. There will be about 25 tube amps - half of them boutique - in attendance with their owners. It's strictly a tube only affair but I'd bend the rules for 1 fine tuned Vetta.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
                              I wish Cable and his Vetta would come to Iowa for my Tone Party this month. There will be about 25 tube amps - half of them boutique - in attendance with their owners. It's strictly a tube only affair but I'd bend the rules for 1 fine tuned Vetta.
                              Might cause considerable depression among all those tube guys! The hate has been strong and long, and the modeling enthusiasts have been saying all along, "Wait, it'll only get better". I also think that many of the digital atrifacts that bothered listeners dialing in an amp by itself would probably disappear in the mix in a live setting. Have those artifacts been addressed with the upgrades? I'd think so, it seems Line6 really listens to its customers and deals with any shortcomings via its updates.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                                You can also reamp with the XT into a PC with the USB recording. Damn, now I'm thinking of getting another Vetta. I remember when I would post about playing gigs and recording projects with mine and having 90% of the board telling me to get rid of it.

Pete
                                If I recall Pete, some time ago you posted clips of tube amps and your Vetta and it was virtually impossible for anybody to tell the difference.

We tried comparing the new DI's on the Vetta to real mics and we couldn't tell the difference.

Modeling is certainly more accepted now. I compare it to when midi sampling keyboards first came out. All the old timers using the real things such as Hammond B3's all bashed them. Even the concept of midi recording was bashed and considered cheating. Drum machines too were snubbed. So were locking trems, analog delays were said to be sterile when compared to tape delay, digital was said to be cold and lifeless, etc......
                                How about when adats and midi recording replaced tape. Still... guys kept using tape saying it was warmer blah blah blah.... then hard disc recorders came out... same flack!!
                                Look what we are using now. Imagine if the IPOD came out when records were still being pressed. There would be riots in the street.
                                Technology.... EMBRACE IT.

Comment

Working...
                                X