No announcement yet.

Vetta vs Soldano rack system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I am firmly in the modeling camp. For me, it is worth giving up a little in ultimate tone for the variety that a modeler can produce. With my little rig, which is my Tonelab into a Peavey Trans Tube 112 combo, I can generate anything from a kick ass early VH tone, to a squeaky clean glassy tone to a fat thumpin' Rectumfried tone...and everything inbetween. I just dialed in a killer Eric Johnson JTM45 lead tone the other day. I have barely scratched the surface with this thing.

I would love to try the Vetta, but I honestly probably don't need all the stuff that it offers....I play at home for fun, and probably always will.

I am going to upgrade to an Atomic Reactor this summer and that should make my rig perfect for me.

I am glad you have found your setup, JG.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
      I am going to upgrade to an Atomic Reactor this summer and that should make my rig perfect for me.

Mike
      Do it !! I did and I really like it. It is a nice little rig tha sounds great.

Comment

i have to say that the vetta 2.5 upgrade is the bomb....
        it has made a great amp even better.

Comment

the upgrade has even made the xt live's DIs usable. before they were thin and horrible. now i wouldn't feel bad about plugging straight into the P.A. if my head blew.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

btw, will 2 different guitars sound pretty much the same through a Vetta ?

Comment

No.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

alright, I think there's a bunch of myths that have to be debunked about this amp. Whenever there's something new, people will always find a million reasons not to give it a chance, so that's good to know that not all guitars sound the same through this amp.

Comment

with the new update all of the xt series and vetta products are now on equal footing both live and direct. not sure if this included the flextone 3 but i would imagine so.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Don't the XT (and, I presume XTL) still have a mic distance adjustment that the Vetta lacks?
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne
                      Don't the XT (and, I presume XTL) still have a mic distance adjustment that the Vetta lacks?
                      The Vetta has alot of mic choices and on and off axis. It might have mic placement settings in the Line 6 Edit deep editing but I never heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by FSU_Seminoles
                        btw, will 2 different guitars sound pretty much the same through a Vetta ?
                        No, it responds to different guitars just like any other amp.

Comment

Vetta

This is funny, I've been using my Splawn QR with a TC G-System which I love but have a hard time getting REAL CLEAN sounds I'm after so I decided to upgrade my recording amp "Vetta" to software rev 2.5 and it does sound killer. I'm thinking of using it in the band again. It sure makes setup time easy and not have to haul all kinds of gear around. I still love tubes, always will but the Vetta does a very decent job.

John

Originally posted by jgcable
                          My Vetta has been home in Milford for months and just this weekend I brought it to my studio in NJ where it remains.
                          If you want to hear it I can bring it home this weekend and you can check it out.
                          BTW... Twisteramps (Pete) used a JSX and loves it. He has a VERY good ear when it comes to amps AND he used to own a Vetta. I bet he could shed alot of light on comparing the 2. I only heard a JSX live a few times. I didn't like it but tone is subjective and alot of it has to do with the player, the set up and the cabs.
                          To me.. it sounded like a weak version of the Carvin Legacy (which is a great tube amp).

Comment

Wouldnt it be just my luck. I finally get my mother (due to my credit score being less than desireable) to get the MF Platinum Members card. (because I can afford the min. payment) and lo and behold, the head is OUT of stock until next week.

My review will follow soon I hope.

www.myspace.com/madeaband
                            www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Originally posted by Fretburner
                              This is funny, I've been using my Splawn QR with a TC G-System which I love but have a hard time getting REAL CLEAN sounds I'm after so I decided to upgrade my recording amp "Vetta" to software rev 2.5 and it does sound killer. I'm thinking of using it in the band again. It sure makes setup time easy and not have to haul all kinds of gear around. I still love tubes, always will but the Vetta does a very decent job.

John
                              Hey John, make sure you take advantage of all the 2.5 upgrades!! Loudness, presence and assignable solo boost! I assigned my boost to the favorite button on the longboard. Check out those wahs too. They are the best wahs I have ever heard. Especially Throaty and Chrome.
                              My band is chock full of old school tube snobs who IMHO really know what good tone sounds like and they all love the Vetta. I really didn't even tweak the new Soldano X88R model. I just added Marshall 4 x 12 V30 cab model to it. Loudness and presence both off.

Comment

Yeah thanks! one of the main reasons for updating the amp was to try those wah's and have the solo feature. The wah's do sound pretty killer. The only thing the amp lacks is a good VH sounding flange. If you have one let me know!

Originally posted by jgcable
                                Hey John, make sure you take advantage of all the 2.5 upgrades!! Loudness, presence and assignable solo boost! I assigned my boost to the favorite button on the longboard. Check out those wahs too. They are the best wahs I have ever heard. Especially Throaty and Chrome.
                                My band is chock full of old school tube snobs who IMHO really know what good tone sounds like and they all love the Vetta. I really didn't even tweak the new Soldano X88R model. I just added Marshall 4 x 12 V30 cab model to it. Loudness and presence both off.

Comment

Working...
                                X