Mini Amp Craze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad View Post
    What if a person gets an extra large backpack and carries a full sized head in their backpack?
    I lol'd

Comment

that mini boogie should about come up to Ron's knee.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
        But I like the look of this tiny slanted cab.
        I think Ron has one of those.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Am I the only one the thinks the mini Recto sounds like complete shit?!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Am I the only one the thinks the mini Recto sounds like complete shit?!
            I agree it sounds like shit in that video posted above.

Comment

I havent heard it yet. my computer blew a device driver and I cant fix it. Fuckin technology. I will go try on my other puter.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                Person who can't even play an instrument stands next to an amp/cab on stage = awesome
                you called?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I dont think it sound all that bad.......but I am not rushing to go out and buy one either. I think its something that needs to be judged in person. it depends on how the amp was mic'd etc......

see the problem for me is, the controls were basically set one way, until they moved them through 0-10 but that still dont give you a "dialed in" sound. I have tried amps before which sound like complete shit because of the way they are set up. I can usually dial in something good pretty quickly.

one exception..... the Fender M80 chorus. this amp was complete garbage. there are NO useable sounds in it. NONE.

Comment

Everything has a purpose, don't knock it 'til you try it.

Not saying minis could/should replace a full-sized rig, but they have a definite role and can fill in on certain occassions.

Comment

I will tell you right out, I want to try one. there is a chance they could rock out. I wont pay $999 for one, no fuggin way. but I will wait a few years till they hit the used market. hell yea.

Comment

Meh I'm with you Bill.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

some of us are only bedroom players and these low watt heads are great for us. Fuck the low watt combos, they sound like crap. why have the head the same size if there's less tubes? The 120watt I use at home, I will never be able to drive those tubes to their sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                            I will never be able to drive those tubes to their sweet spot.
                            yea, thats what my girlfriend keeps telling me.

Comment

I play strictly at home but I'd like to buy a Marshall 2210.

Comment

So who else do you think is going to jump in on this high gain lunch box mini amp thing?

Egnater, VHT, Mesa, Orange, are all in the market. who's next?

Splawn?
                                Fryette?
                                Rivera?
                                Marshall?
                                Dr. Z?
                                peavey?

Comment

Working...
                                X