Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't know why, after babysitting a JCM800 for a year and a half,
    and only playing it about four times,
    along with all of the other absurdly loud rigs I've experienced...
    (I used to run a music store...the kind that had full stacks in stereo).

Why I would travel down the path of LOW watt, good tone.
    Might have been bad influences like Page, Nugent, Walsh, Gibbons.
    But what do they know?

Why did Eddie choke his Marshalls so far back?

Probably didn't know what he was doing either.
    Yes you can go balls out, but that shit don't fly so well all the time.
    FUN?
    Yes.
    Practical?
    Like putting a Cobra setup on your lawn mower...you go MAN...just go.
    Last edited by Cygnus X1; 10-24-2011, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
      I really don't know why, after babysitting a JCM800 for a year and a half,
      and only playing it about four times,
      along with all of the other absurdly loud rigs I've experienced...
      (I used to run a music store...the kind that had full stacks in stereo).

Why I would travel down the path of LOW watt, good tone.
      Might have been bad influences like Page, Nugent, Walsh, Gibbons.
      But what do they know?

Why did Eddie choke his Marshalls so far back?

Probably didn't know what he was doing either.
      Yes you can go balls out, but that shit don't fly so well all the time.
      FUN?
      Yes.
      Practical?
      Like putting a Cobra setup on your lawn mower...you go MAN...just go.
      Eddie didn't play tiny pussyfied amps. Also, you don't need a lunchbox sized amp to get good tone. Anyway, I'm not talking about low wattage amps. I think low wattage boutique type amps are cool. I just don't think the shrunk down versions of full sized amps are cool to play in public. Its marketing hype.

Comment

Ok, heres the thing, I dont know what everyone elses experience is, but mine is as follows. So, sure, you could do a gig with a 30 watt amp and have no problem hearing yourself over the drummer and everyone else, sure that can be accomplished. Heres the problem, in order for that to happen, you need a GOOD sound guy and he HAS TO HAVE the right gear. Dont know about you guys, but almost every show Ive played has had the bare minimum of sound reinforcement and sound guy. The guy can barely stand up hes so retarded and the PA system is only slightly better than the home stereo I used to have at home. He has no idea how to set monitor levels correctly if there are even monitors. Furthermore, to even be able to have properly set up and usable monitors, the guy out front SHOULD NEVER be in charge of them. There should be a second mixer and sound guy of the side and rear of the stage area. This has only happened once in my 5 years and nearly 120 shows of gigging. It was the Alrosa Villa in Ohio. Otherwise, its been grin and bear it and be glad Ive got at least 50 watts and a 412 available behind me. Unless youre big time, its just a necessity to have a loud setup for shows. Sure it creates other problems such as feedback, but thats why there are sooo many different models of noise gate out there.

NOTICE: Recording and bedroom use not withstanding.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          Ok, heres the thing, I dont know what everyone elses experience is, but mine is as follows. So, sure, you could do a gig with a 30 watt amp and have no problem hearing yourself over the drummer and everyone else, sure that can be accomplished. Heres the problem, in order for that to happen, you need a GOOD sound guy and he HAS TO HAVE the right gear. Dont know about you guys, but almost every show Ive played has had the bare minimum of sound reinforcement and sound guy. The guy can barely stand up hes so retarded and the PA system is only slightly better than the home stereo I used to have at home. He has no idea how to set monitor levels correctly if there are even monitors. Furthermore, to even be able to have properly set up and usable monitors, the guy out front SHOULD NEVER be in charge of them. There should be a second mixer and sound guy of the side and rear of the stage area. This has only happened once in my 5 years and nearly 120 shows of gigging. It was the Alrosa Villa in Ohio. Otherwise, its been grin and bear it and be glad Ive got at least 50 watts and a 412 available behind me. Unless youre big time, its just a necessity to have a loud setup for shows. Sure it creates other problems such as feedback, but thats why there are sooo many different models of noise gate out there.

NOTICE: Recording and bedroom use not withstanding.
          You tell em bro. Now thats what I'm talking about kids. I play live with enough power so that I don't have to rely on the sound guy or the friggin PA for that matter. Its nice to be the master of my own volume if I have to be! BTW.... I play a full size mans amp live. No mini toaster amp for me onstage and I will never brag about being able to come to the gig on my skateboard with my amp in a backpack.

Comment

Comment

Comment

This dog is a Rock Star...THE REAL DEAL..>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=-WCj7S3Ha68
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hail yesterday

Comment

haha, he's so sad to have that little pussy amp!

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                      haha, he's so sad to have that little pussy amp!
                      I bet he was playing his Aria or Fernandes guitar through that amp backstage. Crate must have paid him a fair amount of dough to pose with that amp.

Comment

Ahhhh, the good old days when Yngwie was thinner than his micro amp.
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                          Ahhhh, the good old days when Yngwie was thinner than his micro amp.
                          now thats funny

Comment

Poor YJM really does look miserable next to that Crate...

Comment

I didn't forget about you fuggin' dickholes..I'm busy...godammit!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                                I didn't forget about you fuggin' dickholes..I'm busy...godammit!
                                busy dialing in a sound on your new mini rectifier??
                                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                                X