X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mini amps rule.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I'm with you jgcable!! RM100, Carvin 4x12 and Randall 2x12 and rack FX... Attenuate this!! Even at low volumes they sound great.. I don't even play in a band.. My 12x12 studio room sounds fucking amazing!!
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
        I'm with you jgcable!! RM100, Carvin 4x12 and Randall 2x12 and rack FX... Attenuate this!! Even at low volumes they sound great.. I don't even play in a band.. My 12x12 studio room sounds fucking amazing!!
        the room sounds amazing? or the amps in it?/

Comment

How can you bash people for being "pussies" by not lugging them around then say you have your roadies do it?
          Last edited by TKEblue; 10-21-2011, 10:23 PM.
          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

My Dr Z is a healthy 18W, so not exactly a mini/micro size but I see the application for some of these although I also see the gimmick/ trendiness aspect too with everyone trying to gain market share now.

I'm holding out for the uberschall 5w lunchbox personally.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

Right now my stage rig (I use the term loosely; I do not spend enough time on stage to warrant a "stage rig", but if I am on stage, this is what I run now - ) is the Mark V and a 2x12 cab. Mark V power set to 45W. I did some bar gigs earlier this year with the Hot Rod Deluxe. (40W 1x12).
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Let me define mini...

Any amp that has the word mini, micro, tiny, little etc... in it.

Whats next... mini guitars and then tiny effects??

Comment

Guitars have already been done.
                  Remember this?

chiquita_01.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                    Guitars have already been done.
                    Remember this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2894[/ATTACH]
                    Looks like Marty McFly's guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                      I'm holding out for the uberschall 5w lunchbox personally.
                      It will come.

just give it time.

I personally cant wait for the trend to be over so I can pick up some of these used for a decent price.

Comment

Personally I like the idea of small wattage heads a lot.
                        My fullstack is fun in our rehearsalroom (I said fun, not reasonable) and looks cool on stage, even though the sound guys keep on complaining, but at home I simply can't do these high volumes.

I'd love to try out the H&K Tubemeister or the ENGL E315...
                        I just wonder why it always has to be 10 inch speakers in the combo-versions of these amps.
                        I'd be all over it if they came with 12" speakers, but the head version with cab is always almoust twice the price.

Size and weight aren't really the most important arguments for me on this topic.
                        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

New Mesa Mini Recto sounds quite good...

Last edited by BenoA; 10-22-2011, 09:17 AM. Reason: typo
                          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Yes, but the price is kind of heavy as well.
                            The 1200ish area is full of decent full size amps... But Mesa was never exactly cheap.
                            The reviews I read all say it's quite justified. Only the footswitch somehow manages to get the amp noise just by beeing plugged in. Would like to know what went wrong there...

But I like the look of this tiny slanted cab. Take one of these, a straight cab and the McFly guitar and you'll look like a giant!
                            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

7 watt tiny terror in the house, 60 watt 6505 in the garage. Best of both worlds

Comment

Here is what I get from this thread:

Guitar hero plays a mini amp on stage = crap
                                Guitar hero plays a big amp on stage that has the words "mini, micro, tiny, or little" = crap
                                Person who can't even play an instrument stands next to an amp/cab on stage = awesome

Just to clarify:

What are the exact dimensions that define an amp as "mini"?
                                What if an amp has the word "mini" or similar somewhere on the back panel not visible to a person in the audience? Like a mini DIN connection or something like that? Is that okay?
                                What if somebody mikes their amp offstage? Does it matter if it is mini in that situation?
                                What if a person gets an extra large backpack and carries a full sized head in their backpack?

Just want to make sure I fully understand the rules here, so as to ensure maximum awesomeness is achieved at all times.
                                Last edited by Chad; 10-22-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X