No announcement yet.

JCF=Ghost Town now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mostly just read nowadays, but I probably check this place like 10 times a day.

Certain individuals are fixtures in this place, and I've noticed they seem to be posting less nowadays. Fett keeps this place alive as far as I'm concerned.

Whatever happened to StratGod? I remember he changed his tag at some point. I used to drool over his stack of four 4x12 cabinets. He had some sweet guitars too.

Perhaps the problem is that we all love a guitar that mostly appeals the 80s/90s metal enthusiasts, and there's less and less news items that are of interest to us. The biggest discussions I remember from the time that I've been here are the RR24 and Mustaine's jump to Dean.

Comment

I've turned into more of a reader than a poster at the moment. I quite enjoyed the thread a while ago about the scale length and specs of the original Concorde, but not a lot more since. I'm more into pedals and effects at the moment and I'm getting my fixes in other forums.

I don't know if the downturn is due to the paying members having their own bit to yack on in or not. I'm assuming it's not as most still seem to be posting in the general threads. All forums go through these ups and downs. I'm happy as long as rsmacker keeps me laughing with his little stories.
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Some very astute observations on what appears to be a slow down on interaction. There could be several little things that add up to a decline. Personally, even though I have been a member for a while, my thread post is low compared to members that have been here a fraction of the time. I swear some just like to hear themselves talk. Even though I have read most of the posts, I just don’t have the drive to comment. Often I’ll see something that I think is just a statement because they want to get the last word in, or a response to belittle a member, I find as a real forum killer. Why toss something out when all you will get is derogatory reply? I enjoy others opinions and without a doubt there are some intelligent members and when the give their view along with reasons, I find to be insightful. But when they frame it as “Law” and are not receptive to another perspective, why fucking bother to participate? End of topic. But this is just me……

I don’t think this is the first time there has been a decline in volume here. I know I take time off from this place time to time. I do think this place way back was a little more interesting, or loose maybe. For whatever reason it was more Sex, Rock, Guitars back then. Bill talking about tongue the balloon knot was always a good laugh, despite to the dismay of some admins. To be fair, this place is viewed by minors. Perhaps we need a disclaimer before you can log on that you have to be 18? With all the Cunt and other words drop here, I never understood the issues with a pic of a boobie posted? Whatever?

I don’t think Jackson has helped much. They kind of priced most out of the market and lack of exposure, etc… Charvels are if you didn’t come from the ‘80’s, would you know they existed?

I will say, I do get a kick from the UK bastards. I really have to concentrate when I read their posts. Who said British humor was dry! (I’m I the only one that reads their threads with an accent so I can understand it?)

Bottom line is this stuff comes in waves. Just hold tight for the next one.
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I've had a bad bout of bronchitis the last few weeks.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            I've had a bad bout of bronchitis the last few weeks.

Oh, I know what you mean, it's hell typing with bronchitis. You get out of breath so quickly.

:ROTF:
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

been too busy really and have not been on any guitar boards very much....realize I waste too much time anyway
              Last edited by Shawn Lutz; 03-22-2008, 06:46 PM.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

I hang at TGP way more now. Nobody there is even in to Jacksons but I like it just the same. I think that FMIC guys hanging here is kind of disconcerting. Especially since I believe they requested that certain members be banned and they subsequently were. At TGP you know who's working for a company/endorsed etc and who's just an average guy. Here, who knows who's working for FMIC, and if you critique their product, will you be banned too? I haven't seen Postal since he revealed that the Jackson Custom Shop was dead as all hell and he isn't in the member list anymore. I guess it boils down to that I don't think this is so much a fan site anymore. Just my 2¢

Comment

fett, I'm spinning my wheels here.
                  Check your PM's!

Comment

Can't you ring him on the Fett phone?
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

This board is probably still better than about 95% of the other boards out there, but I post here less often because:
                      - I'm not in the market to buy guitars/gear.
                      - I don't have any questions regarding gear anymore.
                      - The offtopic section if full of completely useless threads..
                      - I try to spend less time on the internet
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

This and all the Forums of which I am a member. (I did good english) are not just about the brand in question. If they were, they would have burned out years ago. These forums are more about the people and who they are that draws them to the brand.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                        X