JCF=Ghost Town now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF=Ghost Town now?

Is it me or is the place becoming a ghost town?

When I 1st joined up in 04, this place always seemed packed and full of members, there seemed to be a buzz on the board.

Lately though I don't see much of anything going on. I log in and I see there are a handful of people online, as I type this there are less than 50(37 actual members). What happened? I know there are natural dips and rises in board activity, but this place is dead all the time lately.

Of course people have lives but it seems all the old time posters are gone for the most part, with no one really taking up the slack.

Hell if it weren't for fett and Cyg, I don't think there would be any activity in this area.

I'm guilty too, as less is posted, I find myself coming here less and spending less time when I do log on. Other guitar forums I'm registered to, don't seem to be hurting, just this one.

What happened?
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

I'm trying to cut back on my internet addiction. Maybe I'm not the only one.
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
      Is it me or is the place becoming a ghost town?

When I 1st joined up in 04, this place always seemed packed and full of members, there seemed to be a buzz on the board.

Lately though I don't see much of anything going on. I log in and I see there are a handful of people online, as I type this there are less than 50(37 actual members). What happened? I know there are natural dips and rises in board activity, but this place is dead all the time lately.

Of course people have lives but it seems all the old time posters are gone for the most part, with no one really taking up the slack.

Hell if it weren't for fett and Cyg, I don't think there would be any activity in this area.

I'm guilty too, as less is posted, I find myself coming here less and spending less time when I do log on. Other guitar forums I'm registered to, don't seem to be hurting, just this one.

What happened?
      Uhm...you scare us and we are hiding under the rocks when you come in?? Ok, not really..that's all I had to run with at the minute. Pop quizzes mess me up. :ROTF: Sometimes the place is packed..sometimes not. I know what you mean though.

Comment

Fett's driven everyone away! :ROTF:
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hey I'm here every day and usually post.I was a member on the old JCF too as well as Charvel Central.
          I'm doing my part.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Umm...I remember a really happening thread about egg timers not too long ago! (sorry fett...)

Comment

Hey we haven't talked about "stabbed poo" latley either!
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

10 pm Pacific and only 30(members and guest) people on. What's up with that?

The Damn ESP board has like 330 people on right now, even Jemsite has like 70+.

For Christ's sake the Dean forum has 31 peeps on.

Now I'm worried.
                Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I'm a JCF fanboy, and I worry about what the new custom shop prices will do. I mean, if everyone is posting pics of DK2M's, well you have to expect a loss of interest. I love seeing custom San Dimas one-of-a-kind guitars. Is it the end of an era?!? NOOOO!!!

Comment

dude, I can only bait & antagonise people so much. It's up to them to get offended and bite back.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

That's just it. Antagonism is so frowned upon here that people go to the ESP boards where they can flame away to their heart's content. There's a price to pay for a more civilized discussion - fewer people find it to be fun.

But we don't have to deal with 50 threads about how kewl Kirk Hammett is or how he's the best EVAR, either! So think before you wish it to be different!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I intentionally bite the bullet here, I don't try to start fights, or argue for the sake of arguing. I do love to argue though, but I'm here to extend my knowledge of guitar and see what others have to see instead of flapping my mouth off all the time. A lot of people here are very wise and I intend to absorb as much as possible. That's my main excuse for not posting like a maniac, that , and I only post to things that I find interesting, and I try to contribute to a post every time I post. Not just for the sake of posting.. Post..Post post...Post!...

Quality > Quantity

Jackson > ESP

Originally posted by horns666
                        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I'm a regular vistor because I'm a tirekicker! :ROTF:
                          Last edited by wilkinsi; 03-20-2008, 06:05 AM.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            Hey I'm here every day and usually post.I was a member on the old JCF too as well as Charvel Central.
                            I'm doing my part.

You may be able to do that again in the near future ..
                            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

This is the only guitar forum I am on.I try not to post drivel and I refuse to fall for all of the baiting and nonsense that VitimanG spews forth.Damn Aussies.....................................
                              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Working...
                              X