No announcement yet.

JCF=Ghost Town now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I overcelebrated last night's Ranger win over the devils, blew off some blockbusters and got blindsided by my landlord and his buddies and am duct taped to my couch, i can barely reach the keyboard , that's my excuse, and i can't chew through this fukkin' tape.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      I overcelebrated last night's Ranger win over the devils, blew off some blockbusters and got blindsided by my landlord and his buddies and am duct taped to my couch, i can barely reach the keyboard , that's my excuse, and i can't chew through this fukkin' tape.
      You should have been at the United Center last night. It couldn't have been scripted any better.

The pre-game was a ceremony welcoming back Tony Esposito back as a Blackhawk Ambassador. (we were also at the ceremony welcoming back Stan Mikita and Bobby Hull) Game final: Blackhawks - 5, Capitals - a big fat NOTHING!

I will say this... That Ovechkin kid can certainly use the body. He was hitting like crazy out there.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

My opinion, as an old-timer, is that you get a little sick of seeing threads asking the same questions about various Charvel and Jackson models that have been answered here a zillion times. I used to try to help out on those threads, but it does get tiring. RacerX's replies about using search may be snarky, but they are good advice, IMHO.

Also, I think there's a perception among some folks, right or wrong, that you can't criticize J/C here without getting flame-broiled. That's never affected me personally, but I've seen it on some of the threads about the Custom Shop.

I also agree that the crazy price increases have demoralized at least some Jackson enthusiasts. I've finally reached the point where I'm getting a custom-made guitar. Only, it turns out that this guitar is a KXK, because there is no way in hell that I could afford a 7-string custom Jackson under the current regime. They've priced themselves far beyond the point at which I will ever pull the trigger. If I ever get to the point where spending $6,000 on a guitar makes sense, it will be something truly one of a kind from a small builder, not a dolled-up Soloist.

Another possible issue: the number of exciting used Jacksons on eBay seems to have radically decreased lately.

Maybe there just aren't a lot of exciting things to talk about in the J/C universe anymore.

Comment

JCF may have slowed a little due to the guitar market/economy. 03/20/2008
          JvicE

Comment

I've noticed a less attended forum as well. But life happens. Ive been too busy for the ost part to just hang out in here like i used too. Between work and taking care of mom. And moving and tryin to catch up in sleep so i don't get sick. And of course the occasional carnal knowledge encounter. I have little time. Besides whats better gettin laid? or hanign out here? hmmmmm. I dont even have time to work on my new frankewnstien project. At least not until i finish moving.
            Gil

Comment

There is a buzz when there is something to discuss.
              I remember when the RR24 was introduced we had a thread about it in the NAMM section with over 500 posts.

But how much can you bitch and moan about price increases, quality issues, missing website updates and custom shop guitars with graphics that will be forever out of reach for us normal players? It gets tedious.

Whenever there is really something new and exciting, the board lives up. Just my observation.

And yes, at the moment it takes me about 6-7 minutes to check the whole forum and move on. I have nothing interesting to tell either, I'm waiting for the new import models to be announced so I can bitch and moan some more about that it's not what I had hoped for.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Post whores, trolls and misinformation aside, this place can get stale.

And lets face it, there are some assholes here.

Kids love Ibanez. There will always be more "people" at Jemsite than here. But try to post there. It's maddening.

I'm starting to read more than post. I just don't have the patience anymore. How many times can you read the same dumb joke or stupid comment made by someone who you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire? I think I'm at my limit there. That might be a good thing.
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I like it as a place that combines the best of the gear page and hc.
                  "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

[quote=Bengal;1073914]Post whores, trolls and misinformation aside, this place can get stale.

/quote] That hurt.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I only joined here recently and even I've noticed this place is a ghost town now. Take a look at the Import section. I bumped a thread of mine in there days ago, and it's STILL right up the top of the list even though no one replied to it. THat thread is what made me realise this place is really dead at this moment in time - no one seems to care enough to post their thoughts on my guitar. Whether they think it looks cool or they think it looks like a pile of shite, I'd thought you'd let me know. But it got a tiny response. As do other threads in that section in particular.

I tend to ignore this section, since I don't actually have a clue what's going on in it most of the time. Even when I've had a few beers, it's like people are on LSD!

I post more in the Seymour Duncan forum now.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

i've just effectively moved to a different city so yeah not really had a chance to post that much or am shattered after work

Comment

And the only time new traffic rolls through is when someone wants to know a price on an import they're looking to sell.

Plus, there's a LOT of information here. Many people may just be reading, and that can take up a lot of time. There's usually nothing to add to those posts except "cool thread".
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Here is my look on the bright side of life. Whether it's in person or on the Web, it's all the same to me. It's all about interaction with people. It's my Mantra to get people to think and express themselves. Lurk all you want. Don't respond, even if you really want to. Makes no nevermind to me. The death of any anything is the lack of life. Get off your asses and participate. Even if it is an attempt to shut me up.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              Post whores, trolls and misinformation aside, this place can get stale.

Kids love Ibanez. There will always be more "people" at Jemsite than here. But try to post there. It's maddening.

I'm starting to read more than post. I just don't have the patience anymore. How many times can you read the same dumb joke or stupid comment made by someone who you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire? I think I'm at my limit there. That might be a good thing.
                              well said brother!! I have also started to read more than post. I'm gonna become like a sponge...absorb everything!
                              Sam

Comment

If you are not a paying member there really isn't much here anymore. I only login twice a day these days, in the morning with my coffee and in the evenings. Not much changes anymore. I have also wondered over to other boards to see what is going on. This is by far my favorite board but there hasn't been much going on lately. I don't want to rant about perks but it seems like they just took things away from the non-platinum members.
                                Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                                X