Anyone play in a blues (based) band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bert View Post
    OK then, I'll have the band do Rap, but only if Bill will be our sound guy.
    Sure why not..that would be different!

You guys can see my POV right..I hope so..

I understand that Rap is an "art", an outlet, a vision..just like metal is..and there is good and bad in all music..whether I like it or not

My convictions and views are on the opposite side of the coin, that's all..I can't see any Rappers diggin' my Bed Of Nails stuff ..or Exodus, Slayer, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God, Nevermore and so forth..that's fair to say..

But if a freind of mine wanted me to spank some bass on a rap recording..fuggit..I'd prolly do it..even tho it's against my grain..it would just be a favor to a friend..depending on the content of course..I can't put my name on anything that's gonna say "Fuck the police"..

That's like asking a Born again Christian to join Deicide..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If you want to hear palatable rap, check out Dave Chappelle's Block Party. I rented it because I love Dave Chappelle, but I dug the music too. Lot more jazzy and funky and not talking about gangsta crap.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
      X