No announcement yet.

Minnesota Jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, anything set in stone as far as who is bringing what gear? I'd like to travel fairly light since I'm heading straight from the JCF jam to the Hatebreed/Exodus show in Maplewood. Probably two guitars and maybe a head, assuming my ART Eighty/Eighty arrives this week or next...fully functional. If someone can bring a cab, that'd be helpful. I just don't have anything small or lightweight.
    sigpic

Comment

September 23rd, right?
      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

an Art eighty-eighty.. always liked that case which looked like a classic amp head.. I used to own one last year but it had electronics problems.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
          an Art eighty-eighty.. always liked that case which looked like a classic amp head.. I used to own one last year but it had electronics problems.
          This one better not have any problems. I have been burned twice in a row by gear crapping out at gigs, and as much as I'd prefer tubes, I love the sound of the ART stuff and want to try something simple.
          sigpic

Comment

Did you buy it local? I think you said you were waiting for it to be shipped.
            ... so you haven't got it yet? Let me know what you think of it.
            I picked mine up in some store (Twin Cities guitar?) I forget the name..it was in the Uptown area. I went back and returned it for a HM strat..which was a steal considering the Art was 185.00. It was a very intermittent, minor problem.
            Last edited by charvelguy; 09-13-2006, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I plan on brining my Peters Dual Channel, a crate powerblock and a couple guitars.
              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Can't wait. i will bring a few Jackson's with me. I am more looking forward to meeting everybody than playing, but it all should be good.
                H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

The ART is shipping tomorrow from Ohio...some pawn shop. They claim that it is in excellent physical condition and full working order. We shall see! It was $125 plus $21.80 shipping, which isn't bad.

I have a little Crate SS head I could also bring, just no cabs or combos. I mean, my Jackson Apogee 50 combo and 4x12 cab are cool and all, but both are enormous and ridiculously heavy.
                  sigpic

Comment

I am bringing my 5150 and Avatar Cab. I can bring my second 2x12 with Sheffields in it if someone needs a cab. Its not the best cab in the world but it will do.
                    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

me.. I'll play roadie.. I'll bring my tuner and tune everyones guitars, open beers, toss em a towel and such..

I'm more for meeting everyone.. having some food and drink and just chillin hearing people gear or guitars... jammin is ok.. but with 10 or so guitarists..thats Lynyrd Skynyrd on steriods.
                      Last edited by charvelguy; 09-14-2006, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Yea, it could get kinda hairy It will be cool to check out a bunch of gear too.

Originally posted by charvelguy
                        me.. I'll play roadie.. I'll bring my tuner and tune everyones guitars, open beers, toss em a towel and such..

I'm more for meeting everyone.. having some food and drink and just chillin hearing people gear or guitars... jammin is ok.. but with 10 or so guitarists..thats Lynyrd Skynyrd on steriods.

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster
                          Thats my prize possession man. I worry about getting into an accident with that thing in my car or high humidity warping the neck.
                          Gotta love someone more woried about their guitar in an accident than themselves...

Comment

I got into a 'disagreement' with a cop once... I had a few guitars I was putting into my back seat of my car.. he wanted to speak with me about a complaint and I wanted to put my guitar in my car for safe keeping as that was what I intended to do before he stepped into the parking lot and stopped me for questions. Next thing ya know..I'm having a taser pulled on me and.. while being compliant to getting handcuffed..as they are cinched tight.. I'm kneed from behind and going to the ground. I'm watching the lining of my guitar case being CUT open by his partner and my fanny pack dumped while my face is in the pavement, not able to breathe... they were profiling me for drugs.. and thought it suspicious that I wanted to protect my most valued guitar.
                            Last edited by charvelguy; 09-17-2006, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I will be bringing my Framus Cobra head, 2 Bag Ends (2 x 12), either the RV-3 I just got off of ebay if it makes it here in time or my Ibanez SDR 1000+ and my Demon and maybe my PC1.
                              And a camera if I can remember.

And a Boss Dr Rhythm.

Yeah thats the one thing about bringing my Demon is I worry about an accident. But I can take backroads up there and not have to go on 169 from where I live.

Can't wait - this will be fun!

Figure it would be cool to have some of you guys play whatever original stuff you have and we can jam to it.

Hey Charvel can you bring that small amp you have for the Dr. Rhythm ???
                              Last edited by shredmonster; 09-18-2006, 09:33 AM.
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I can bring my Carvin PA speaker if someone wants to bring a poweramp to power it. We could run the Dr. Dhythm through that.

I'm interested to hear what the Cobra will sound like compared to my 5150. I encourage you guys to check out my Avatar cab with the hellatones in it.
                                Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                                The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
                                X