Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: who is the tightest

Outlander & Ninja have it.

I'm in the same boat as Ninja. Don't get to too many concerts, so I make them count. And I can't remember one where the band was falling apart, or majorly screwing up. Not a major act, anyway. Some local pub bands are another matter - missing cues, screwing up endings, losing time.

When I saw Soilwork, Killswitch Engage & Anthrax a couple of months ago, all 3 bands were as tight as a drum. Totally professional acts, all.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I like Killswitch Engage ...great guitar playing ...very enjoyable along the line of Arch Rnemy ...But the vocals just totally ruin that band for me ....horrible very gay happy clean out of key vocals ...why has this become a cliche in this metalcore genre ....I hope it stops ..the clean vocal parts are gay ....otherwise I'd really would like KE a lot more..

if you can't sing clean ....then don't sing clean....keep it dirty ...

your thoughts...
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

<font color="blue">Goldmember:</font> Dr. Evil, You look very toit. Yesh, toit like a toiger. Yesh Yesh Yesh.
        <font color="blue">Dr. Evil:</font> You know, Goldmember? I don't think that's something one dude should say to another dude. Yeah. A little creepy. Mmhmm.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

out of key vocals in KSE? right bill, right.

Comment

yeah KSE is pretty good, I really like the song rose of sharyn, the clean vocals on it are well done too.

Comment

Yes The clean vocals on KSE appears to me that it is extremely out of key ....but I have discovered that this type of singing during the choruse are in this "style" no matter if it's Killswitch , Avenged Sevenfold , ahhhh...Bleeding Through and many more .....all these bands seemed to have obvious potential but they are falling into the cookie cuter bandwagon crap ...

To be fair ...all genres of "metal" bands seemed to fall victim to this "formula" ..Powermaetal / Black metal / Death / New wave of swedish thrash ...and especially Metalcore.

I love Dynamics in music very much ....but not when the lighter clean parts are done in a very amatuer calibre ...it just debases the rest of the music that is good....

Maybe I'm a bit fussy about my metal ...not a hint of lameness aloud in my book ...too many truly awesome bands warrant my time and attention instead of time wasted on mediocracy...
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I totally agree, Bill. A band will live and die in my CD collection by the quality of it's vocals. It's the vocals that make Sevendust and Disturbed enjoyable for me. They seriously need some solos in there somewhere, but both bands groove and have kick arse, real deal, singers.

I never got to hear Killswitch with their old singer, but the new guy had no problem singing in key when I saw them. Surprised me, actually. The first few songs they performed didn't really have any clean singing, so I wasn't expecting much as far as clean vox. But he delivered.

hey, I'll tell you one guy who has totally surprised me, vocally. Reb Beach. I stumbled across Masquerade at my local store and of course had to pick it up, being the big fan of his playing that I am. The dude can seriously sing. For a guitarist, he ain't too shabby a vocalist at all, and could sure show a few professional "singers" what it's all about.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Wow, no one has mentioned Watchtower yet ... I'm lookin' at you Bill. Also Megadeth, Iced Earth and Planet X seem to have some sort of mental link going with each other.
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I agree, if you can't do clean vocals well, just don't do them.

Comment

Metallica Master of Puppets. The entire album.
                      Any of the CAB CD's from Tony Macalpine
                      Rush --Moving Pictures
                      BTW... Rush live is incredible. They are friggin flawless. So is Boston.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        A band will live and die in my CD collection by the quality of it's vocals.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the reason why I love coldplay... sure it's soft music and can even be considered pop, but the guy can sing with emotion and intensity like no other.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the MTV version of Whitesnake. In 87 I saw them open for Motley Crue and they sounded better than the album. Vocals were spot on, Viv and Adrian were awesome, and Tommys drum solo was more technical and enjoyable than the flashy spinning and twirling kit of Tommy Lee. To me the wrong band opened that night.
                          The worst band Guns and Roses I have never seen a good show from them.

Comment

Bill. KSE's vocals are right on the money. YOu have too much wax in your ears.

bad vocals would be..the singer of Rhapsody that guy sucks, with his fake ass vibrato that barely covers up the fact that he can't hit pitches.

Comment

Really? The dude from Rhapsody doesn't sound to bad to me. But, I only own one CD by them.

Comment

Bill it could be the guys voice throwing you off, 99% of singers use autotune on albums these days anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X