Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: who is the tightest

[ QUOTE ]
    damn, title of the thread threw me off [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Bwahahaha! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was probably thinking the same thing you were at first. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

when i saw nevermore their sound totally sucked so I couldn't really enjoy it... guess you guys caught 'em at good shows.

Comment

I get to see em' in their home town so they're always top notch here in Seattle.
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          What exactly do you mean by "tightest"?

[/ QUOTE ]
          To me tightness always refered to how well the band played in time with each other, executing the changes and maintaining the groove (staying in the pocket).But don't mind me cause I'm old school....more or less.
          While some bands seem to do better live than in the studio and visa versa, I believe that your best or tightest sound should be what goes on disc.But then again some live nights are just pure majic!
          my .02 cents

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            Bwahahaha! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was probably thinking the same thing you were at first. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was all set to answer "Michelle". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

one of the tightest bands ever has to be AC/DC.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                I was all set to answer "Your Mom" to the original poster, but thought he might get offended with the joke since he's kinda new here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I was all set to answer "Your Mom" to the original poster, but thought he might get offended with the joke since he's kinda new here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's exactly what I was going to do [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Then I was like "naah, that's a bit rough" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL Great minds think alike! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The tighest hmmmmmmm....is whatever I shove my wooly mammoth into..

Be it a Voz and Bong a Bung..... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

This kid has no idea what the term, "tight" means in a musical sense. He's referring to how cool he thinks a band is. It has nothing to do with how well they actually play.

Comment

tight (tiet) adj. tight·er, tight·est
                          Fixed or fastened firmly in place: a tight lid; tight screws; a tight knot.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, that's the meaning of tight. I don't believe there's any official music terminallogy that uses the word tight. It's just a word people use today to describe music in a positive way. OUTLANDER's description is the only one I actually like.

One of tightest band I've ever heard, according to OUTLANDER's description of "tight", is again Dream Theater. But really, there are too many great bands and artists out there for me to pick a tightest.

Comment

that's exactly how it is used in music. When a band is playing tightly, it means the music is very much together, no one is dragging the tempo, teh groove is there. And the band is communicating with eachother very well on a musical and mental level.

this guy here is using "tight" in the trendy hip way. IE: "Holy crap man, look at my new ride....that **** is tight"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I don't believe there's any official music terminallogy that uses the word tight. It's just a word people use today to describe music in a positive way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, UNofficially, it is used as drip stated. If you're tight musically, you're right on the tempo, no mistakes, no slop. The "live vs. studio" aspect is [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Haha, I know. I'm just being a smart ass.

To be honest I have yet to see a live band that wasn't "tight". Probably because firstly, I don't go to many concerts, and secondly, I tend to just see acts that have their **** together (like Dream Theater), since that's the only stuff I ever find to be worth the money and trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X