(2014)-2015 NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    While I love going to see hockey, it's a fun event... watching it on TV in the comfort of your home is perfectly acceptable to me.
    I hear you on the comforts of home. My kid is a Nascar nut. We take him twice a year to Martinsville which is a near 3 hour drive one way. It's cool to do it once in a while, but I get to the point where I dread March and October because it's up early, home late, and I have to fuggin' work the next day. If I lived near civilization I would probably do some kind of flex ticket plan for hockey. My problem is everything is three to five hours from where I live.

I think the ten ticket plan xenophobe mentioned would be cool without the season long wallet and time hit.

Comment

razely, it looks awfully strong that we will meet in the playoffs again. the east is much improved this year, the balance of power is a
      little more even now than it has been the last 5 years or so.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
        razely, it looks awfully strong that we will meet in the playoffs again. the east is much improved this year, the balance of power is a
        little more even now than it has been the last 5 years or so.
        I don't know Tommy. If the Pens continue to not beat the teams they're supposed to beat, I wouldn't be surprised if they barely miss the playoffs. They're miserable in the Metropolitan, and they still have to play Philly twice, Jersey once, Columbus once and the Islanders once more. They've given way too many points away this year. I don't see them making it past the second round if they make it. No way I see them making it past a team like the Rangers or Islanders.

Hopefully once this season is over, and they underachieve again they'll finally trade our sorry excuse for a captain and quit with the insanity and the inmates running the asylum.

To me the Islanders are the team to beat this year in the East, with the Rangers a close second. I'd love to see the Habs get trounced in the first round too.

Comment

I mentioned that they should trade Crosby a couple of years ago as a way to get young players into the team. Of course, they consider him a marketable commodity and a superstar (which he is) but still...

Anyone see that clip this week of the guy on the bench tossing a puck to TJ Oshie? What hands.
          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Anybody else notice what the Wild have been doing since the All-Star break? Those big names and regular season hot shots better watch out.

Comment

rangers keep surprising me nightly, they're winning games they used to never win.

Comment

rangers win again, they're rolling, they play again tonight against the Capitals in Washington, who are very tough, would love to get out of there with a point.
                2 nights in a row are always a little taxing, usually if you get through the first period without a ton of damage they seem to get their legs back after that.

Comment

I'm not going to get to catch the Rangers - Caps game tonight. I really want the Caps to lose, but I don't want the Rangers to gain an extra couple of points on the Pens.

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
                  Anybody else notice what the Wild have been doing since the All-Star break? Those big names and regular season hot shots better watch out.
                  It amazes me at the turnaround they had. Two or three months ago they it looked like Yeo was going to get shit canned because they were all to hell, and now all of the sudden they're tearing it up. I think Yeo is a hell of a coach. I wish he would have never left the Pens organization.

Comment

Wild...it's because of Jordan Leopold!!

Ovi gets his 45th last night...he's in elite company for people with that many 45 + goal seasons.
                    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

The Wild started their run, right after they picked up Dubnyk. All it took was a goalie stopping shots, winning a few games, suddenly confidence infects the entire team.

Comment

Hawks are surprising me, 5-1-1 since kaner got hurt. I thought we were sunk, especially with sharp playing like absolute dogshit.
                        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                          Hawks are surprising me, 5-1-1 since kaner got hurt. I thought we were sunk, especially with sharp playing like absolute dogshit.
                          He woke up today against the Sharks. 2 goals for Sharp on way to a 6-2 Hawks win on their father/son road trip.

Comment

lundqvist looking like he will be in goal against the hawks wed. night. could the ranegrs be any hotter? not a chance. now klein is out 3-4 weeks, not good,, and St. Louis, not sure how long.

Blue shirts are still en fuego

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                              I'm just hoping that our incompetent GM will make a good trade before the deadline.

We need a new top-2 defenseman so we can put Burns back up at forward where he belongs. That would go a long way in fixing our problems. And we've got cap space... we could afford a Kessel or Yandle... but we can't afford the talent to land them before TDL.

I've never really been a fan of Neimi, but I guess there's rumor we're looking for another netminder... but the office doesn't seem to get that goaltending isn't going to make much of a difference if our blue line has no real depth and that we need to get rid of Hannan, Scott and Brown so we can actually have a talented 4th line. The era of having a complete goon squad is over.

Well I'll take the GM over no show Joe. I know the fans love the guy but I know Joe to be a first class a cancer to any team he's on.

If you want to know why the Sharks will never win a thing....No Show Joe. You guys should have had a cup by now but when your best players are not your best players in the playoffs that is a sign of poor leadership. What you achieve in the 82 game season is irrelevant as there are major differences between regular season hockey and playoff hockey.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                                Well I'll take the GM over no show Joe. I know the fans love the guy but I know Joe to be a first class a cancer to any team he's on.

If you want to know why the Sharks will never win a thing....No Show Joe. You guys should have had a cup by now but when your best players are not your best players in the playoffs that is a sign of poor leadership. What you achieve in the 82 game season is irrelevant as there are major differences between regular season hockey and playoff hockey.
                                Change a name here or there and you just described the Pens. I'm so glad I was at the shooting range instead of at home watching your Red Wings destroy the Pens. I didn't mind the loss against the Bruins as the Pens had their chances and played hard, but the game against the Wings would have made me come unglued. The Pens are the most inconsistent team in hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X