GuitarPartsDepot Shipping Scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuitarPartsDepot Shipping Scam

I put together a small order--a wrench holder and two switches--over the phone today and was told I couldn't have free shipping. If you check their site "free shipping" is advertised in several places and there is a page dedicated to it. Here's a quote, "Free Shipping on Almost Everything!"

Here's the link: http://www.gpdusa.com/Guitar_Parts_D..._SHIPPING.html

The guy I spoke to told me free shipping was “only for pickups.” I ordered from GPDUSA before without issue. I’m not sure what makes the person who owns this business think he can get away with this sort of thing. If you plan on charging $4.95 shipping per order than don’t advertise free shipping.

You might want to think twice before ordering anything from GPDUSA.

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
    Here's a quote, "Free Shipping on Almost Everything!"
    From my reading comprehension, free shipping on almost everything means just that; free shipping on ALMOST everything.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had the same issue with a $200+ order. I couldnt get it to work online, so I called up and asked about it... said it was for select items. Told him ok, but you shouldnt advertise free shipping then. About an hour later, he called me back and did offer me free shipping, although I was kinda put off so I never actually placed the order. I had ordered there MANY times before, probably spent close to $1000 in parts and what not. Ill order from them again because honestly, their prices are still decent and they have A LOT of stuff in one place.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        From my reading comprehension, free shipping on almost everything means just that; free shipping on ALMOST everything.

Comment

Never had a problem with them - but yeah - I got thrown by the free shipping thing for a bit - but I managed to figure it out without getting a migraine.

They have a lot of good stuff, but their website layout it shit and their search function is ass. I prefer guitarpartsresource, bestguitarparts and prorockgear (for Floyd parts).

guitar parts resource especially if you need flat blade mini switches-
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Costs on everything, including shipping, are only going up. "Almost" introduces an element of vagueness that may be a bit misleading, but I think calling it a scam is a bit of an overreaction. Personally if I were ordering a wrench holder and 2 switches I wouldn't expect that to qualify for free shipping. A $200+ order, definitely another story - but a scam would be if they charged your card after the fact for the shipping. This doesn't rise to that level.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              ...guitar parts resource especially if you need flat blade mini switches-
              Lol--that's what I need. GPD might be a one person business operated out of somebody's basement--or their parent's basement.

Comment

You should ship them a box of dog shit
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                  You should ship them a box of dog shit
                  and, if you don't want to do the work yourself, I believe there are companies that will do this for you(!)
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have used them. A few things I wasn't happy about but it wasn't worth it to send it back. I could say the same about everywhere else I've bought stuff.

They don't really have much of anything on anyone else so they need to realize it really only takes one fuck-up to get someone to say "I'll just get it from Allparts."

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                      Lol--that's what I need. GPD might be a one person business operated out of somebody's basement--or their parent's basement.
                      That's what fretsonthenet is - a one-man business, though he has a workshop for fabricating parts. Maybe that's in his basement, so what if it is? You gonna bag on Budman68 for that? How much was the shipping that you're so incensed about going to be? Just curious.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Their customer service guy is a member here maybe he'll chime in.

Comment

I sent an email to their info address advising them there's a thread here about it. Haven't gotten a reply but if they read their emails they are aware now.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I thought you might have been talking about this place:

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/guitar_index.htm

I was going to make an order here. I can't stand their website. Slow as mud.

Comment

I ordered some stuff from them and everything turned out fine, Don.

Comment

Working...
                              X