No announcement yet.

GuitarPartsDepot Shipping Scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry that I had a stroke which causes me to make typos and inconvenience your life. I emailed the company about the thread to get their input, not to get you busted, asshole! However you continue to make a mountain out of a molehill as to the level of dishonesty they have exhibited, so how about right back at you, you douche! As Toejam said, what about "ALMOST" do you not understand? What about "Scam = theft" and the fact that they are NOT stealing do you not understand? YOU have lied to this forum about what they are actually doing in the title of your thread.

If someone were to go by your thread title and not read the thread, they would think that the company is stealing from people or tricking them, and neither are the case. Therefore you have engaged in the same practice as they have - deceptive advertising - and also slandered them, which they have NOT done to you. So who is worse, really?

The fact you were trying to let people know about misleading advertising is great, but when you resorted to deception yourself to sell it, you crossed a line. The fact that you can't accept that when it is spelled out to you makes you exactly what you accuse me of - self-deceptive, and a tattletale because you were too cheap to come up with $4.95 more to get your chintzy little parts order. You want some cheese with that whine or should I just call you a whaambulance?
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
      I want to chime in real quick and say that "scam" does NOT mean theft. It often includes theft, but does not mean theft. A scam is intentional misleading or the intent to defraud someone.
      There is no intent to defraud, if you have any level of intelligence you will realize that only at checkout would you know whether your order qualified for free shipping, unless a specific "All orders over" a certain amount were specified, which was not the case. It sounds like his order wasn't over $15-$20 and that wouldn't qualify for free shipping with any of the major online musical instrument websites like MF or AMS.

In point of fact, NOTHING "happened" to Trussrod except that he declined to place his order when he realized it wouldn't ship for free. Nobody tricked him into placing the order, then tacked on the additional charge to his card. He exercised his right to not go through with it. And I do think they should change the wording, but I also think he is trying to make them look worse than they are, which is also misleading and dishonest.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
        Therefore you have engaged in the same practice as they have - deceptive advertising - and also slandered them...
        "Deceptive advertising," on my part--are you kidding? I haven't slandered them, either. LOOK UP THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD SLANDER. You keep using it incorrectly. Also, you don't understand what the word "scam" means either even though the concept was explained to you by another poster. GDP's term was "almost everything," not just "almost." There's a big difference. Probability indicators operate on a continuum--for example--always, usually, sometimes, rarely, never. Almost everything means a small percentage of items do not qualify for free shipping.

Do you really think anyone should "call the cops"?--lol. Why don't you take your own advice and report back to us. I'm sure they'll brush you off. I wouldn't recommend calling them more than once about this (or on an emergency line) unless you want a personal visit from them.

The fact that you resorted to profanity and insults after I pointed out a spelling error on your part just goes to show how petty and pedantic you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
          "Deceptive advertising," on my part--are you kidding? I haven't slandered them, either. LOOK UP THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD SLANDER. You keep using it incorrectly. Also, you don't understand what the word "scam" means either even though the concept was explained to you by another poster. GDP's term was "almost everything," not just "almost." There's a big difference. Probability indicators operate on a continuum--for example--always, usually, sometimes, rarely, never. Almost everything means a small percentage of items do not qualify for free shipping.

Do you really think anyone should "call the cops"?--lol. Why don't you take your own advice and report back to us. I'm sure they'll brush you off. I wouldn't recommend calling them more than once about this (or on an emergency line) unless you want a personal visit from them.

The fact that you resorted to profanity and insults after I pointed out a spelling error on your part just goes to show how petty and pedantic you are.
          Like you didn't call me an idiot first, and then edit your post later. I responded in kind when you went there first, only I had the honesty to leave mine up. Also taking the "Call the cops" line out of context - what I said was that if you didn't think it was slander, call the cops and ask them. I meant basically that if that company reported you, they would have a case against you. Of course I don't have any place calling the cops, I'm not the victim of the slander and it's not like a bank robbery. You are trying to make it sound like i said I would call the cops and that, too, is a lie. You seem to gravitate to this misleading disinformation thing!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Like you didn't call me an idiot first, and then edit your post later. I responded in kind when you went there first, only I had the honesty to leave mine up.
            So this is your version of honesty? Interesting. Just remember that I didn't use curse words and removed the comment when a member suggested it was unfair. Don't worry about it--in the end I'm not that concerned about comments like this made by you...

Also taking the "Call the cops" line out of context - what I said was that if you didn't think it was slander, call the cops and ask them. I meant basically that if that company reported you, they would have a case against you. Of course I don't have any place calling the cops, I'm not the victim of the slander and it's not like a bank robbery.
            Actually, you didn't say this.

You said this.

Think I'm wrong? Call the cops and see what they tell you.
            There's a big difference.

I did tell you to take your own advice to me and by doing so didn't suggest you had said you would personally call the cops--lol. I'm not surprised the distinction is too subtle for you, so of course there's no way to impress that upon you. Also, you're still using the word slander incorrectly. Care to look it up or does someone have to spoon feed this type of information to you?

Hey, it's Mother's May. Happy Mother's Day to mine and yours...

Comment

A scam is intentional misleading or the intent to defraud someone.
              There is no intent to defraud
              What part of the word "OR" do you not understand? You are still associating the term scam to mean theft, which I already pointed out is not the case. The only part of my previous post that sunk in is the part that was irrelevant to the discussion--it was only included to have a truthful & complete definition of the word. You only latched onto that part because it is the one part you could twist to use in your own incessant rambling.

You have already agreed to the site's message about "free shipping" being misleading and that they should change it, which is the entire point of this thread. Move on already. You're going all psycho here like you have a personal stake in this. Seriously, are you not going to get a paycheck next week if Trussrod doesn't place his order?

Trussrod was expressing his dissatisfaction with the situation to his fellow board members. That is all--nothing more. And that what we do here...we look out for one another. At least most of us do....some choose to go the other way, but you know who you are.
              My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

What part of the word "OR" do you not understand? You are still associating the term scam to mean theft, which I already pointed out is not the case. The only part of my previous post that sunk in is the part that was irrelevant to the discussion--it was only included to have a truthful & complete definition of the word. You only latched onto that part because it is the one part you could twist to use in your own incessant rambling.

You have already agreed to the site's message about "free shipping" being misleading and that they should change it, which is the entire point of this thread. Move on already. You're going all psycho here like you have a personal stake in this. Seriously, are you not going to get a paycheck next week if Trussrod doesn't place his order?

Trussrod was expressing his dissatisfaction with the situation to his fellow board members. That is all--nothing more. And that what we do here...we look out for one another. At least most of us do....some choose to go the other way, but you know who you are.
                http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scam

This is the definition I found. I think the one you found probably said FOR the intent to defraud and you missed the "F". The purpose of this section of the board is for members to warn each other of bad deals and true scams. I don't think this qualifies and so it's a waste of space here and also is a little dishonest itself. It's like when some dumbass finds something and posts it in the Ebay section as a scam, and people come in to point out that the guitar really is what it says it is. The word "almost" is enough to be a technical disclaimer. Yeah it's a little misleading, but nobody who isn't retarded is actually going to BE misled when it comes time to checkout. Trussrod expressed his dissatisfaction but he was throwing a hissy fit over basically nothing. In other news, Sears advertises cheap products in the Sunday paper but they're out of them 10 minutes after they open. OMG, the horror!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                  So this is your version of honesty? Interesting. Just remember that I didn't use curse words and removed the comment when a member suggested it was unfair. Don't worry about it--in the end I'm not that concerned about comments like this made by you...
                  OMG! Curse words? On a message board full of adult metalheads from the 1980s? Scandalous!! The fact is that you resorted to insults first. You made a mountain out of a molehill as to the extent of the issue and made it sound like they were stealing when they were not. I pointed out that you were in the wrong and you started throwing the insults and condescension. None of which changes the fact that you in fact defamed that company because you didn't want to come up with an extra $5 to get your stuff.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

GuitarPartsDepot has nothing to say about this topic, but for some reason you have chosen to be their apologist. Unfortunately you are no Perry Mason. You keep using legal concepts with little regard for their meaning. They must know they are wrong. Perhaps they have no interest in associating with someone like you. Could anyone blame them? There's very little left to debate about this issue other than your consistent lack of insight into your own thoughts on the matter.

Comment

Good God, give it up already! If you're going to throw a dictionary meaning at me, at least have the decency to use a reputable source.

Merriam-Webster defines the term "scam" as "a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation."
                      http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scam
                      Again, please attempt to understand the meaning of the word "OR" before you throw another worthless retort at me.

The only reason I keep looking back into this thread is that I find it utterly amusing how worked up you are getting and to see just how many times you have to repeatedly reply to your own reply to get across an invalid point.

I'm done arguing with you. All you have accomplished with your incessant babbling in here is increase your post count. This topic is solely between Trussrod and GuitarPartsDepot.com. Why you have felt the need to take it where you took it is beyond me. Perhaps you should find a better use for your available time.

Trussrod, thanks for pointing out this company's faulty wording and looking out for your fellow JCFers. While it may not be what some people consider a scam, it is in fact deceptive and is enough to make me not want to purchase anything from them.
                      Last edited by DalyTek; 05-09-2011, 02:26 AM.
                      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Comment

Good God, give it up already! If you're going to throw a dictionary meaning at me, at least have the decency to use a reputable source.

Merriam-Webster defines the term "scam" as "a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation."
                          http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scam
                          Again, please attempt to understand the meaning of the word "OR" before you throw another worthless retort at me.

The only reason I keep looking back into this thread is that I find it utterly amusing how worked up you are getting and to see just how many times you have to repeatedly reply to your own reply to get across an invalid point.

I'm done arguing with you. All you have accomplished with your incessant babbling in here is increase your post count. This topic is solely between Trussrod and GuitarPartsDepot.com. Why you have felt the need to take it where you took it is beyond me. Perhaps you should find a better use for your available time.

Trussrod, thanks for pointing out this company's faulty wording and looking out for your fellow JCFers. While it may not be what some people consider a scam, it is in fact deceptive and is enough to make me not want to purchase anything from them.
                          I'm not worked up about anything, just expressing my opinion on the matter. At least one of the admins has voiced his opinion agreeing that this complaint is much ado about nothing. He might not agree with me on the definition of "scam" but he pointed out that "almost" means not all, which is enough to mean that Trussrod exaggerated the issue because he was butthurt over $4.95 shipping. If you find ANYBODY who will really offer free shipping on a hex wrench holder and 2 switches alone, though, let us know.
                          THAT would be useful information, unlike this thread.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

...which is enough to mean that Trussrod exaggerated the issue...
                            No, it's not. Although you'll never be able to understand it, there is a difference between consensus taking and truth. "Almost everything" would mean that greater than 50 percent of the items--i. e., the majority--would qualify for free shipping and not just pickups. So where's a comment from GuitarPartsDepot? Still waiting...

Comment

Trussrod, thanks for pointing out this company's faulty wording and looking out for your fellow JCFers.
                              I'm sure there are others who took the heads up as well. Cool forum in your sig--I checked it out a few months ago. Really like the design. Maybe I'll join. :-)

Comment

[URL]...nobody who isn't retarded...
                                LeBron James Offers Apology:

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/...&position=also

Comment

Working...
                                X