GuitarPartsDepot Shipping Scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    ...I think the cops would be a bit too busy to worry about a minor "internet tiff"...
    That's a relief. I've been waiting for Interpol to show up at my door and cart me off to Devil's Island--lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
      You're an idiot
      Now that's uncalled for
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I want to chime in real quick and say that "scam" does NOT mean theft. It often includes theft, but does not mean theft. A scam is intentional misleading or the intent to defraud someone.

A case in point is the "white van speaker scam" that goes on all over the USA. Sales guys in an unmarked car grab someone's attention in a parking lot and tell them some sort of story to the effect that they are installers and have these "extra" high end speakers. They show "proof" that these speakers are worth several thousand dollars and proceed to make you this killer deal on them. The buyer leaves feeling they got a great deal,but in reality the speakers are low-end, low quality items.

No theft has occurred, but it was a scam most definitely. And while what has happened here to Trussrod was not theft, Lerx, you yourself said it was "misleading" which can be considered a scam. Trussrod has not defamed them at all. He is pointing out that that it is not good business to be advertising free shipping on almost everything, then when asked about shipping charges they tell him that only applies to pickups. I agree with him. They need to change the wording of their shipping policy.
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Lerx, were the people at GuitarPartsDepot LYING when they advertised, "Free Shipping on Almost Everything," on their website when in fact they only offer free shipping on pick up orders? Yes or no?
          Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
          Yes, but...
          Anything after "but" is nonsense.

Comment

Yo Rich, I think the cops would be a bit too busy to worry about a minor "internet tiff"

I wish I had more time to write up a humorous convo:

PD: Police Dept
            Lerx: Yes, I'd like to report a defamation
            PD: A what, sir? Where did the crime occur?
            Lerx: On the internet...
            PD: <click>
            PD:
            While that makes a nice little LOL for you, if the company filed a complaint and a lawsuit about it, chances are that Trussrod would be held liable, if not criminally, then certainly civilly. Laugh if you want to, but Internet-related crimes and torts are rising every year. Not saying that they will, but they certainly could. Him calling it theft is more wrong than their misleading advertising.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lol--with all of the information available on the internet you still can't get it right. Your opinion is laughable at best.

Comment

The title of this tread is slander on its face. What you say within it goes on to prove that what you initially said is slander. It not like I'm trying to get you busted, but your wording was reckless to say the least. You can laugh all you want, but a decent lawyer could cause you some misery behind this if he wanted to. Everybody here can bro up behind you and it doesn't change that fact. I'm actually trying to help you and you can't even see it. If you get sued, don't say nobody warned you.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm not unaware--you are. You don't know the law. It's that simple. Do yourself a favor and learn the definitions of the words you use.

Comment

It's obvious you have a poor understanding of the law. I can't take you seriously.

Fixed...
                    We can't take you seriously. It's obvious your reading comprehension has failed. Do you know what the word "ALMOST" means?
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      We can't take you seriously. It's obvious your reading comprehension has failed. Do you know what the word "ALMOST" means?
                      The truth is an absolute defense.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	funny-awesome-29.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	2445406
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The truth is an absolute defense.
                            Right, but you DIDN'T tell the truth. You said "scam" which implies "theft", which is not what they are doing. You don't understand that YOU slandered them with your post title by using the word "scam" - which it is NOT. You lied and slandered them thereby. What you did was worse than what they are doing, since anybody who is not retarded will figure the situation out before they submit their order. Sorry if the facts hurt your feelings.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2133[/ATTACH]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It not like I'm trying to get you busted...
                                "It not"?--lol. Remember this? Do you at least admit to yourself that the opposite is true?

I sent an email to their info address advising them there's a thread here about it. Haven't gotten a reply...
                                So you WEREN'T trying to get me busted? Lerx, you're the one who is dishonest. You're a crybaby and a self-deceptive little tattletale. You can't even understand the basic concepts you keep using. "Haven't gotten a reply..."--lol. Hmmm, I wonder why...

Comment

Working...
                                X