Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pianoguyy
    replied
    That is a floyd nut. And it looks original based on those 2 images.
    But it is interesting that it says Jackson R, which didn't start until Ontario.

Leave a comment:

• avs3259
    replied
    Here's a couple of photos of the nut. Kahler or Floyd ?

i1605-x.JPG i1608-x.jpg

Leave a comment:

• metalhobo
    replied
    Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
    The person that posted this most interesting debate never answered if it had a kahler nut. That would be very helpful.
    Agreed!

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
    jt-6 came out in 1987
    There is a probable cause for the fact it has JT-6 part's. It was order at one location and finished at another, 86 was a busy year full of changes. The person that posted this most interesting debate never answered if it had a kahler nut. That would be very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• metalhobo
    replied
    Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
    Model six with a Floyd on it using JT-6 post. Does that mean his didn't come with a floyd
    I didn't say that

in fact the last part of my post is suggesting that it's conceivable jackson would use those posts (if they were available) if the OFR posts were not provided.
    Last edited by metalhobo; 05-22-2021, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    model 6 and predator.jpg Model six with a Floyd on it using JT-6 post. Does that mean his didn't come with a floyd ...No but it does make it questionable if JT-6's were not available in 86
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-22-2021, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    20210522_092430_HDR.jpg

original floyd post (80's style)

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
    jt-6 post and floyd posts are different diameter so it should be simple to check if they are floyd posts

but that swings back to that fact that... even if they're not floyd posts does that preclude the bridge being non-original? what would have happened if customer q. schmoe forgets to mail in the posts to j/c along with the trem in 1986? does j/c send back the bridge with an angry scrawled note reading, "hey dimwit, you forgot the posts and studs!" or do they grab what they have on hand?
    You can put a floyd on JT-6 posts. I know this to be factual. And you can buy floyd inserts to go into JT-6's bushings. frets on the net used to sell that stuff.

Those are indeed JT-6 post and bushings

JT-6 posts.jpg
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-22-2021, 10:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• metalhobo
    replied
    jt-6 post and floyd posts are different diameter so it should be simple to check if they are floyd posts

but that swings back to that fact that... even if they're not floyd posts does that preclude the bridge being non-original? what would have happened if customer q. schmoe forgets to mail in the posts to j/c along with the trem in 1986? does j/c send back the bridge with an angry scrawled note reading, "hey dimwit, you forgot the posts and studs!" or do they grab what they have on hand?

Leave a comment:

• pianoguyy
    replied
    the posts remind me of a JT-6

Leave a comment:

• avs3259
    replied
    i1565-x.jpg i1568-x.jpg i1623-x-black post.jpg i1588-x.jpg jcf11.jpg jcf08.jpg

The posts are black. Tremolo arm is early style (threaded). s/n J 2 6 2 x - built in Glendora, 1986; FR "Made in Germany".
    Last edited by avs3259; 05-22-2021, 07:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by avs3259 View Post
    I bought my '86 Soloist in 2010 not knowing much about them. The Floyd on this guitar is chrome. All the other '80s Soloists I've seen have black Floyds so I'm wondering if it was changed at some point. I'd like to put it back to original. However if the buyer had to supply the bridge then maybe my chrome Floyd is original. Any thoughts?
    Can you post a picture of your soloist? and as pianoguyy has stated, the year doesn't necessarily begin in Jan and end in Dec

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Here's two simple questions !. does it have a kahler nut 2. what color are the bushings

Leave a comment:

• metalhobo
    replied
    jt-6 came out in 1987

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
    Carvin started offering Floyd Rose in 1988 - and they were available in black.
    Kramer had Chrome, Gold, and Black in 1985.
    Mine was gold, if it was original who cares. when you restore a car and get some parts off year one it doesn't turn a 250,000.00 grand 70 cuda into a POS. Its still a 250 grand car.

if you want it back to what it was to sell, put a JT-6 or kahler on it because thats all thats known for that year for certain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X