Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pianoguyy
    replied
    Carvin started offering Floyd Rose in 1988 - and they were available in black.
    Kramer had Chrome, Gold, and Black in 1985.
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 05-21-2021, 07:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• metalhobo
    replied
    Originally posted by avs3259 View Post
    I bought my '86 Soloist in 2010 not knowing much about them. The Floyd on this guitar is chrome. All the other '80s Soloists I've seen have black Floyds so I'm wondering if it was changed at some point. I'd like to put it back to original. However if the buyer had to supply the bridge then maybe my chrome Floyd is original. Any thoughts?
    could definitely be original. the oldest floyds were all chrome. I don't know when they started having black, but they definitely had chrome first. also if it has the old style arm (I'm assuming this is the one you meant by "screw in") that's another clue it might be original.

got any pictures?

Leave a comment:

• avs3259
    replied
    I bought my '86 Soloist in 2010 not knowing much about them. The Floyd on this guitar is chrome. All the other '80s Soloists I've seen have black Floyds so I'm wondering if it was changed at some point. I'd like to put it back to original. However if the buyer had to supply the bridge then maybe my chrome Floyd is original. Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
    I always thought that none of the original floyd roses of jacksons/charvels from that era were standard, for the reason that anyone who wanted a j/c with an original floyd rose at that time, due to licensing, had to secure the bridge themselves (usually by stripping a kramer) and send in the bridge to j/c for installation.

though, I do realize my comprehension of the timeline of j/c and floyd rose availability is second-hand and fuzzy at best. maybe someone else can provide more specific info.
    So, to answer your question; an original floyd rose made in Germany and not frt 1000 thats made in Korea.
    I had a "Custom soloist" from 87 or 88 that had a original floyd. They are mostly custom's due to the year made. though mine had silver and gold flakes, it didn't glow in the dark or have a graphic or anything that and SL-1 wouldn't have had.
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-21-2021, 01:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pianoguyy
    replied
    Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
    I always thought that none of the original floyd roses of jacksons/charvels from that era were standard, for the reason that anyone who wanted a j/c with an original floyd rose at that time, due to licensing, had to secure the bridge themselves (usually by stripping a kramer) and send in the bridge to j/c for installation.

though, I do realize my comprehension of the timeline of j/c and floyd rose availability is second-hand and fuzzy at best. maybe someone else can provide more specific info.

Non-standard doesn't mean non-original.
    You are correct, if you wanted an FR, you needed to supply it yourself. Jackson would gladly install it for you - hence, factory original.

Leave a comment:

• metalhobo
    replied

Last edited by metalhobo; 05-21-2021, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• avs3259
    started a topic Interchangeable Floyds

Interchangeable Floyds

I have a 1986 Soloist Custom with Floyd Rose (original, screw in arm, made in Germany, not Jackson branded) that I'd like to replace with a correct model for that year. I've seen lots of units on eBay that are from '80s Kramers or just '80s OEM without a guitar brand specified. Are these mid '80s "original" Floyds the same units that were used on the1985-1986 Jacksons? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by avs3259; 05-21-2021, 11:10 AM.
Working...
X