• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
    Silly weed laws.
    I wonder how much trouble legal liquor caused in Kansas last night compared to the Kansans that only smoked weed?

Better change the subject before we get reprimanded.
    I did hear a Dorito truck got knock over in CO last night.. All is well though the perps were found at the scene asleep

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Silly weed laws.
    I wonder how much trouble legal liquor caused in Kansas last night compared to the Kansans that only smoked weed?

Better change the subject before we get reprimanded.

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Yeah, especially in '86. I'd have fit right in.

BTW, did I leave my lighter here last time? I can't find it....
    Yeah, and the late 90's too. They started sending dealers models that were not to spec's of the catalogs to try and boost sells because grunge was killing them. That's when you see the WTF model's. and assume you're high even if you're not...Good to see you in a funny mood. I live 15 minutes from CO where pot's legal. Here in Kansas you can buy a gun and put it in your pocket and carry it around or a switchblade without any kind of license but NO weed!
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-23-2021, 10:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Yeah, especially in '86. I'd have fit right in.

BTW, did I leave my lighter here last time? I can't find it....

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    I'm too high to think right now to be 100% honest.
    You would make an outstanding Jackson employee than!

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    I'm too high to think right now to be 100% honest.

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    If memory serves me...since '86 was a transitional year, there are examples of both TM's and R's for that year.
    there are no R 's that came out before the move to ontario there was some tm's on a few with the same story order before and finished after.
    Jackson became a registered brand in 1987.
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-24-2021, 11:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    If memory serves me...since '86 was a transitional year, there are examples of both TM's and R's for that year.

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
    yeah. the headstock on my 1987 strat (ontario) looks exactly like OP's in this thread, which I would agree points to OP's not being finished until then.

and hence, even if the jt-6 wasn't available at the time of order, jt-6 parts such as the posts could have been used during assembly.
    mine is a 86(white with white) strat the other is a soloist 87-88
    What's funny is the guy owned this for 11 years and he didn't know his nut was a floyd nut.
    Some of the 86 soloist even had the Made in usa cut off when putting binding on them. So, there are soloist out there that unless the person has a build sheet that look like an import but with the correct serial of an usa 86 soloist.

I think this is a person that's wanting to sell something and came to ask the exsquirts about it.
    This place would have been hopping 4-5 years ago and probably would have insisted on pic's right away, before assuming anything is anything. I'm not an expert, I only know about things because I've owned them and have posted them here and read what the real experts have to say.
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-23-2021, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• metalhobo
    replied
    yeah. the headstock on my 1987 strat (ontario) looks exactly like OP's in this thread, which I would agree points to OP's not being finished until then.

and hence, even if the jt-6 wasn't available at the time of order, jt-6 parts such as the posts could have been used during assembly.

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    SANY2924.jpg

Even the cases had TM on them in 86

100_2138_zps0ea82ebb.jpg
    This isn't an 86

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    DSC00091.jpg
    This is how an 86 headstock would look. tm, made in usa starting under the end of the o in Jackson. I've never even seen a made in usa like the one on that soloist.

Yeah, it may have been order in 86 but it wasn't finished in 86. Which would give you the right serial and all the wrong other stuff. It would NOT have an R . there are sites that explain all this I believe even audiozone does.

I'd just put a silver floyd on it if there's something the matter with it (the floyd)
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-23-2021, 09:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dak
    replied
    Since the nut is chrome maybe it came with the chrome Floyd. My question is: Is there anything wrong with the bridge functionally? If not unless I just wanted a black bridge I wouldn't change it. I'd just change the arm to the new style as I'm not a fan of the original screw in ones. I've never owned a Jt-6 but from what I read on here a German OFR is probably an upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• avs3259
    replied
    i1602-x-sn J262x-Glendora-1986.jpg
    Serial number falls in San Dimas range: 1986 San Dimas RR1755-RR1929 J1540-J2799 JA0001-JA0011 (from Jackson website). With regard to JT-6 bridge- should have Jackson logo. Don't know why it has JT-6 posts but I suspect the seller may have removed the original bridge to use on another guitar and mine got whatever crap he had laying around. Just speculating.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X