No announcement yet.

New EVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had 4 Peavey Tracers, and they were all good, I currently have two. I guess different strokes for different folks.
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      any news?
      I contacted Fender at the beginning of the week and was told they were just "waiting on Ed's approval" before they could begin production.
      I honestly have my doubts that this "new" Wolfgang will ever materialize.

As for the EBMM EVH and Peavey Wolfgang ... I own both.
      Both are nice guitars, but I prefer the EBMM hands down.
      The necks are very different which is kinda strange IMO.

EBMM used the neck carve on Ed's 5150 as a template for their EVH, and it feels great!
      I would have thought, since this has been Ed's preference for so many years, the Peavey Wolfgang would have the same neck carve too ... but it doesn't.

Comment

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/e...olfgang_guitar

Comment

That bottle opener headstock ruins it IMO

Comment

old school can opener head stock

Comment

I am sorry, but this is not an attractive guitar to me at all.

-Chris

Comment

"That's just not right!"
                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

he should have stuck with the peavey headstock. didn't he have a patent on it?
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon View Post
                    he should have stuck with the peavey headstock. didn't he have a patent on it?
                    I'm surprised he doesn't have a patent on it. The guy has a trademark on the colors black, white, yellow and red!!!:ROTF:

Comment

Wow...when we did everyone start hating Eddie!!!!???

Ok, he's a drunk...and he will put his name on anything to make a buck ...but he's still the best rock guitarist since Hendrix * ( I had to say this to avoid the usual arguments from the classic rock drones )

Listen, if he didn't put his name on this stuff someone else would find a way to profit from the equipment he uses. If you think the exploitation of Dimebag is bad wait until Eddie passes on....its going to be obscene!!!!!!

Comment

That is certainly the bastard child of a Schecter, Peavey Wolfie and a Music Man.
                        With a touch of Dean to really dump the barf load on it.

Like they say; "Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes to the bone". I think Eddie hit the bone dead center on this one.

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                        I am sorry, but this is not an attractive guitar to me at all.

Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

i kinda like it. need cooler colors though and no stupid flame tops.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

i liked the original EBMM's because they play so sweet. but i would never be seen in public with one.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              i kinda like it. need cooler colors though and no stupid flame tops.
                              Damn Tim!, I thought that nice quilt top was the ONLY good thing going for it.
                              If it was a solid color I would use that fuggin' thing as a canoe paddle. It is basswood anyway.....
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

The Wolfie pictured on the front of GW is not too bad. But he really screwed the pooch on headstock design. Hey Joe, in regards to the guitar being ugly, it seems that Eddie has forsaken the brown sound for the bone tone!
                                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X