No announcement yet.

New EVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a dealer in Shreveport that couldn't give the Wolfgangs away and after I played one, I knew why. By the way, if these suckers play like butter, I'll stick to margarine!
    "POOP"

Comment

yeah, I remember that. Wasnt that Shreveport music on 70th?
      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Last time I checked the music store in Vidalia still had a trans red Wolfgang for sale. NOS all the way.

Comment

I thought the EBMM was the coolest of the EVH sigs (I'm talking non striped versions of Frankie)

Comment

I cant find a pic of it

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
              yeah, I remember that. Wasnt that Shreveport music on 70th?
              Nope. Shreveport Music is owned by Don Teach. He's a big Fender/Gibson dealer. The place I was referring to was in downtown Shreveport on Texas Street. It was called Eugene's Music. Last I remember, he had 10 or 12 Wolfgangs in various colors. He begged me to buy a couple, made me wonderful deals, but I knew I'd just turn around and sell them. He ended up taking them to his pawn shops in Dallas.
              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                I cant find a pic of it
                +1.

What's this "new EVH" you're talking about?
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

EVH has been playing it for quite some time already. Here's some pics..

http://danherron.wordpress.com/2007/...fender-guitar/

Note the changed headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                    There was a dealer in Shreveport that couldn't give the Wolfgangs away and after I played one, I knew why. By the way, if these suckers play like butter, I'll stick to margarine!
                    The manager at GC has one (peavey) and says he likes it better than his SL1 soloist.

Which one was 1st, peavey or the music man axis? I bet the axis is probably the better guitar. I have never heard anyone rave on about how great of a guitar a peavy is, but there has been a few people that have endorsed MM, Steve Morse for one.

Has anyone ever had the opportunity to play both of these guitars?

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post

Which one was 1st, peavey or the music man axis? I bet the axis is probably the better guitar. I have never heard anyone rave on about how great of a guitar a peavy is, but there has been a few people that have endorsed MM, Steve Morse for one.
                      Axis was first, but when it came out in 1990 / 91 it was called the EBMM EVH. When Ed left the company they moved the pickup selector switch and called it the Axis. Peavey started designing the Wolfgang in 95.

Comment

Actually plenty of people have endorsed/played Peavey - though most were country players, like the guitarist for Alabama. His Hydra was Peavey's first doubleneck, IIRC.

The best guitars Peavey ever made were the Vandenberg, the Hydra, and the T-60.

Peavey also had a bass that many famous session bassists have used for years.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'll be damned, some of the vandenburgs were neck through

Comment

Originally posted by mike-o View Post
                            Axis was first, but when it came out in 1990 / 91 it was called the EBMM EVH. When Ed left the company they moved the pickup selector switch and called it the Axis. Peavey started designing the Wolfgang in 95.
                            They also changed the neck shape (the neck back carve) once Ed left. Ed retained the name, body shape and headstock 'tulip" scallop rights once he left Peavey as per their agreement.
                            DiMarzio Endorsee
                            www.dimarzio.com
                            Morley Endorsee
                            www.morley.com
                            "Intelli-Shred" author
                            www.myspace.com/intellishred
                            NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

I had an Axis and played a Wolfgang US arch top on several occasions. The Axis was a great guitar and had a nice tone, but I had trouble getting used to the smaller frets. I had a trans purple with a birdseye neck and it looked killer.

I found the Wolfgang's feel to be a little "meatier" than the Axis. Like you had a little more guitar under you. Tone was pretty similar, though I did slightly favor the tone of the Axis. Frets felt slightly larger on the Wolfgang. But there was something about it that I didnt' like and never could put my finger on exactly what it was. Just one of those weird fifth dimension things.

If had to choose today, I would take another Axis and take more time to get used to smaller frets.

Comment

any news?
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X