Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea/rumors on new stuff from Jackson/Charvel this 2008 NAMM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need to do something thats for sure. It's like they're in limbo right now.
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewK View Post
      I'd like it if they updated the RR24s with better specs. For example, who the hell came up with the idea to use black binding? The matching logo to bevels looks ugly too IMO. Why couldn't they have made them nice like the Jackson Stars models?
      ummm....i think thats just you mate. i don't think anyone else from here who's looked at an RR24 has said has ever said that. I love everything about my white rr24 - its perfect. i think the black binding on them is a great idea, as is the logo matching the bevels. a white logo on a black and blood red guitar looks out of place IMO, having it red to match is much better

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
        ummm....i think thats just you mate. i don't think anyone else from here who's looked at an RR24 has said has ever said that.
        Oh...they have. I was one of them. My 2 pet peaves of that model is the stupid fukking battery box and the black binding. The battery easilly could fit in the control cavity, and the black binding gets lost against the dark fretboard.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
          Oh...they have. I was one of them. My 2 pet peaves of that model is the stupid fukking battery box and the black binding. The battery easilly could fit in the control cavity, and the black binding gets lost against the dark fretboard.
          Wow, I didn't know people actually preferred the battery in the well over the battery box.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            Wow, I didn't know people actually preferred the battery in the well over the battery box.
            Extra wood carved out of the body for no good reason where there is plenty of room in the cavity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
              Extra wood carved out of the body for no good reason where there is plenty of room in the cavity.

that is true. its an extra pointless hole if u change the pickup to passive

Comment

I've heard rumors, but I can't tell you what they are... I'd have to kill you all if I did.
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Light that fire Matt!!!
                  Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                  http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                    I've heard rumors, but I can't tell you what they are... I'd have to kill you all if I did.
                    You can kill me first Matt, I'll take one for the team. Your Jackson/Charvel "secrets" will be safe with me, while I am alive.

Comment

I'm hoping that Jackson ahve been smart enough to give more options especially with the popularity of the RR24's, DK2m's they should follow suit with other models expanding the option's..

I'm excited to find out what they are going to bring out.

Ibanez are bringing out a new ZR trem, what was wrong with the first one I don't know, a ZR style non locking trem, and a zero point edge system...

Also chances they release a 24 fret herman li sig witha grip thing on the upper horn, there is also going to be a 24 fret S model in production...

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                        Ibanez are bringing out a new ZR trem, what was wrong with the first one I don't know, a ZR style non locking trem, and a zero point edge system...

Also chances they release a 24 fret herman li sig witha grip thing on the upper horn, there is also going to be a 24 fret S model in production...

Time Out. Flag on the play. Penalty: Defense: Illegal man downfield. Get that Ibenhad sh*t out of here. Replay first down.

Seriously, unless Jackson is putting maple boards with black fins and black binding on more models (read: all), and doing a 2-hum bolt-on AND a 2 hum neckthrough 24 fret Rhoads, AND standardizing neck heel/pocket dimensions so all 2008 bolt-on Jackson necks can fit on ANY 2008 Jackson bolt-on body, don't wake me for NAMM.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

that is true. its an extra pointless hole if u change the pickup to passive
                          It's an extra pointless hole anyway. If you're changing batteries so often that removing the control cavity cover is a burden, find a new hobby.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

i think the trouble is maple is avery bright wood, and modern meal artistd ahve very ballsy low end tones and low tunings that maple isn't suited for.
                            Ebony and maple have identical brightness because they are of nearly-identical density. The biggest tonal difference you'll hear between them is dependent on the fretwire size and material.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Ebony and maple have identical brightness because they are of nearly-identical density. The biggest tonal difference you'll hear between them is dependent on the fretwire size and material.
                              +1. Though, I'd always heard that ebony was a tad brighter than maple, but it's all subjective.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What about offering a fixed bridge or string through body on all of the models.

(cough cough) like on the KV2 for starters...

Comment

Working...
                                X