No announcement yet.

Winter NAMM 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many, many thanx for the pix, Rudy ...
    And to all of you for great infos and newz ...

Comment

• Originally posted by jahosy View Post
      Thanks for sharing these awesome pics mate! I've already linked the Capa photos in the Caparison Forum. Hope you don;t mind
      No problem, link away my friend I'm about to board the plane back home now. When I get back I still have Charvel and Jackson videos to put up yet as well as pix from Gibson, Fender, ESP, etc... for those who care
      Last edited by roodyrocker; 01-28-2013, 10:38 AM.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

• First a big thank you to Roodyrocker for taking time to work so diligently to get us our guitar pron desires satisfied from the show. NEXT - anyone know who does the marketing for the Charvel division? Someone should at least generate some excitement over there online - give us some photos and specs of the new shjite - the Jackson division gets it. I just checked the site again and still nuthin is up about the new pro mods. Disappointing when you have to go to a EU website to learn about the new stuff with no pics. Somebody at Charvel needs to wake t - f - up!

Comment

• Originally posted by titan7 View Post
          Will they offer hardshell cases as an option For the ProMod?
          Probably not, based on what Fender usually offers at that price range.

You can always order a case sep.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• I'm not really liking the round horn RR, but if it they can keep slightly increasing the "roundhorn radius", maybe they can sneak it by Gibson and eventually we will see the return of a Jackson Roundhorn V.

No comments please........A guy can dream can't he?

Comment

• Yup I keep in touch with them and he's a member here

Originally posted by G333 View Post
              First a big thank you to Roodyrocker for taking time to work so diligently to get us our guitar pron desires satisfied from the show. NEXT - anyone know who does the marketing for the Charvel division? Someone should at least generate some excitement over there online - give us some photos and specs of the new shjite - the Jackson division gets it. I just checked the site again and still nuthin is up about the new pro mods. Disappointing when you have to go to a EU website to learn about the new stuff with no pics. Somebody at Charvel needs to wake t - f - up!
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• I was able to read on another thread that they are looking for a release in April. I would think that when attending NAMM with new products it would be in the best interest of the company to generate interest to non-attendee's by posting the new products on their website. I think I may have came across a bit harsh in my last post and apologize if I offended. As an owner of 3 USA pro-mods, a Wildcard 6 and 2 DS-1's (not much by forum standards I know) - It may be my passion for the brand speaking.

Comment

• Well, the NAMM guitars were all early prototypes. They are probably waiting till closer to full production before they release any info so people don't go "Hey you said matching headstocks/non-recessed floyds/meatgrinder knobs".
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• If they are early proto's the one thing I could ask for as a change would be to go to the non-recessed floyds.
                    Makes it possible to use a dTuna that way.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• It may be a possibilty they didn't want to compete with the EVH line.

To some degree the hardcore charvel crowd tends to be a rather small one. When the Desolation series was released I had a conversation with them and basically it amounted to them really wanting to reach a younger demographic so they could continue with the original type product. That is to say that if they expand the line for a newer generation of players it keeps the brand viable longterm.

I'm not sure just why they chose to go recessed. I do know that it could be exactly why I stated. Trying to hit a wider audience. Everyone wanted a cheaper line and it was widely believed that doing a mexican charvel would bring high quality and a decent price. The only thing we can do right now is to sit back and see what happens.

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                      If they are early proto's the one thing I could ask for as a change would be to go to the non-recessed floyds.
                      Makes it possible to use a dTuna that way.
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• I really don't see what the big deal is with the recessed trems, I don't see this as a negative at all IMO. Now you can actually pull up on them, which I love to do. Just put a floyd stop on it if you want to use a D-tuna.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmateo View Post
                          I really don't see what the big deal is with the recessed trems, I don't see this as a negative at all IMO. Now you can actually pull up on them, which I love to do. Just put a floyd stop on it if you want to use a D-tuna.
                          the problem is that the D-tuna doesn't always clear the recess rout
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            the problem is that the D-tuna doesn't always clear the recess rout
                            1st world problems lol

Raise the bridge, adjust truss rod if necessary.

Comment

• I spoke to a guy at work who was at NAMM and held one of the new pro mods. He has also played both the USA and Japan models. He seem to think that the oil finish on the necks of the Mexican Pro Mods was much more like the USA's then those made in Japan.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmateo View Post
                                1st world problems lol

Raise the bridge, adjust truss rod if necessary.
                                I'd shim the neck before adjusting the truss rod to do that. Wouldn't want to sacrifice action just to accommodate a D-tuna.

Of course you can make it work with a recessed bridge. Most folks here work on and maintain their own guitars and could easily adjust a guitar to suit.

But you can't take an off-the-shelf guitar and slap a D-tuna on it. You have to pull the guitar apart.

Many people prefer a guitar that doesn't need to be shimmed to make it play how they want. Some people would prefer a H-H pickup config rather than settling on a H-S-H and lowering or removing the middle pickup. Nothing wrong with wanting a guitar right off the shelf that has the features that you desire.
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X