• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoil yourself and get another guitar for drop tuning

Comment

• They make a hardtail version

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      the problem is that the D-tuna doesn't always clear the recess rout
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
        They make a hardtail version
        that would be preferable if I had to change tunings on the fly. Otherwise, like G333 says, have a guitar for drop tuning.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

• I know this is picking fly shit out of pepper, but, did anyone else notice the 12th fret dots are further apart on the Mexi ProMods?

Comment

• I still have some more NAMM pix as well as video to post when I get some time. Been busy catching up on things including work since coming back home. NAMM flies by too quick
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

• did anyone get along to the MI booth? From the couple of vids I've found they had the entire room (amps & pedals) wired up to a switcher to allow you to select any combination at the flick of a switch. Pretty cool!

I'm particularly interested in the new Crystal Lattice combo. Anyone check it out?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                did anyone get along to the MI booth? From the couple of vids I've found they had the entire room (amps & pedals) wired up to a switcher to allow you to select any combination at the flick of a switch. Pretty cool!

I'm particularly interested in the new Crystal Lattice combo. Anyone check it out?
                Do you mean MI as in MI Audio out of Australia? If so, yes I stopped by their booth on Sunday before closing time. I took a shot of the MI Audio Super Crunch Box which I had never seen before. I have the regular Crunch Box pedal myself but didn't know about the Super version till now. We talked a bit and they told me a sort of funny story. One of their amps never made it to the show, it's tied up in customs! They were working on it before the show then figured to get it here they would put it in a road case and check it with their bags on the plane. However it was over the weight limit so they decided to disassemble it and send it in pieces. Only problem was they didn't have the necessary tools to reassemble here plus, they had a hard time convincing customs that all those electronic parts were simply an amp therefore as of the last day of the show by closing time it was still with Customs. This may be the amp you're referring to? They had a couple other heads/cabs there but the new amp never made it in.
                Last edited by roodyrocker; 02-01-2013, 11:31 PM.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

• I had heard they had trouble with Customs getting the new Flex Smart amp into the country. Disappointing since they had their booth staff wearing shirts promoting an amp they couldn't demo!

Nah, I was referring to the new combos. They are a different colour for each model, red, black, blue & creme. http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...mp_Combos.aspx

The Crystal Lattice is supposed to be their take on the Dumble Overdrive Special. Should be a bit cheaper than the $25k original
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I had heard they had trouble with Customs getting the new Flex Smart amp into the country. Disappointing since they had their booth staff wearing shirts promoting an amp they couldn't demo!

Nah, I was referring to the new combos. They are a different colour for each model, red, black, blue & creme. http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...mp_Combos.aspx

The Crystal Lattice is supposed to be their take on the Dumble Overdrive Special. Should be a bit cheaper than the $25k original
                    They had a backdrop with Flex Amp on it but you're right, thats the one that got stuck in customs. The Crystal Lattice sounds iinteresting from what that Premier Guitar article says. I didn't see those four amps there however. I saw some heads, Iron Duke, Revelation, and Megalith. Unfortunately I only stopped by their booth just before show closing on the last day. They were setup closer to where most of the drum stuff was rather than guitar. They had a sound booth but I didn't see the amps inside and whether they were anything different than those out front. I shot a few pix of those amps upfront as well as the Megalith and Super Crunch Box pedals.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

• By the way, just uploaded the rest of my Jackson pix from NAMM. The same guitars, just another 170+ shots of them which I took on Sunday Here is the link once again:
                      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8127765&type=1
                      Still have many other brands to get uploaded but had to finish all the Jackson stuff first :cool;
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

• great pics, Rudy. You've gone above & beyond the call.

hey, that carved skully V - that could be the new Stabbed Poo!
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

great pics, Rudy. You've gone above & beyond the call.

hey, that carved skully V - that could be the new Stabbed Poo!
                          Thanks, but I get the pix for myself anyway because its what I enjoy. So if I can bring NAMM to my fellow JCFers who are not fortunate enough to go I'm more than happy to share
                          I don't know about the Stabbed Poo V though. The work on those guitars is amazing!
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

that would be preferable if I had to change tunings on the fly. Otherwise, like G333 says, have a guitar for drop tuning.
                            I used the different tuning excuse to justify two guitar purchases with the wife. Only one of them was a hardtail.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Rudy
                              We antisocial types who refuse Facebook would really really appreciate it if you could post more of your great pics somewhere accessible for us?
                              I just cannot bring myself to join Facebook, that's one thing I promised myself I would never do, and I think many here understand why.

please?

thanks bro.

- skorb
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

• Originally posted by skorb View Post
                                Rudy
                                We antisocial types who refuse Facebook would really really appreciate it if you could post more of your great pics somewhere accessible for us?
                                I just cannot bring myself to join Facebook, that's one thing I promised myself I would never do, and I think many here understand why.

please?

thanks bro.

- skorb
                                I fully understand. I don't use Facebook all that much myself. I do use it for posting NAMM pix only because its the only place I've found where I post lots of pix at one time. I tried Photobucket before but it didn't like the large amount of pix. If anyone has any other suggestions I open to them. I still have video to put up on YouTube too
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X