Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was told by Jackson dealer RR1 has an Les Paul neck according to Randy'specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was told by Jackson dealer RR1 has an Les Paul neck according to Randy'specs?

As title says, a dealer is telling me the RR1's have a very chunky neck and not to typical Jackson feel. Or at some year/point they changed it to normal Jackson. Is any of this true and what year was it changed to a Normal jackson profile? Thanks

According to this page, seems 1.1 mm and not a big deal. I have the same profile neck on my MII soloist. https://audiozone.dk/index-filer/JacksonRhoadsInfo.htm
    Last edited by DanzoStrife; 05-19-2021, 06:08 PM.

Rhoads of old (not RR1) definitely had a much thicker neck than the rest of the Jackson line.

But, Jackson and Gibson have had so many different neck shapes over the years, I sometimes don't even know what a Gibson or Jackson neck really is.
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 05-19-2021, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      Rhoads of old (not RR1) definitely had a much thicker neck than the rest of the Jackson line.

But, Jackson and Gibson have had so many different neck shapes over the years, I sometimes don't even know what a Gibson or Jackson neck really is.
      Truth. I don't think u can compare a 24mm classic Gibson neck to a modern style neck . I mean people were saying there was a massive difference between MII and MIJ yadadaya , but once I got one it was like really? This neck is amazing.

But since he did stop me on this , i guess I had to ask. I asked another friend of mine, said he loves the RR1 so much, best Jackson ever and felt like his SL1

Comment

For every catalog that has Neck thickness measurements, all say the RR1 is a standard profile. I mean this has to be correct then, as its repeated multiple times. The difference here is the Kelly and Dinky are a little thinner.

Comment

Same profile as my Soloists. Hardly a big neck at all, just a C shape instead of the common D shape found on many Jacksons.

When compared to the Speed Neck on my Dinky it's just a feel difference more than size.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The RR run that was done for the JCF here in the early 2000s, the JCF-01, had a beefy neck like a Les Paul.

I had a 2000 RR1T and 2004 RR1T that both had the standard Soloist-type necks.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              Same profile as my Soloists. Hardly a big neck at all, just a C shape instead of the common D shape found on many Jacksons.

When compared to the Speed Neck on my Dinky it's just a feel difference more than size.
              True, on a "speed' neck it feels wider but isn't (I've measure them) It's just because they are very slim as opposed to a soloist or V or any neck-through guitar.
              There are soloist with a thin D neck, just not as thin. I prefer a soloist over some dinkies, but that's just my personal preference.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thanks for your input guys. Talked to him today, he was like "well I don't measure any of my guitar necks" But then we have certified measurements on Audiofanzine and then the catalogs.
                Then he concluded that C necks always feel chunky to him. I'm like ok. Apparently he hasn't seen the .952 LP necks and that's what I thought he meant. The .780 is pretty close to Jackson which might of what he meant. https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/le...-necks.245425/

Anyways, still he was partially right but only with JCF-1 guitars, which are so rare? How many did this site make, like 5 of them?

Q: Does the C neck shape u refer to feel like the Thin C schecters that are everywhere? Another friend of mine owns a bunch of LP's and 2 RR1 guitars. He said its the best neck he's ever played and the C is flatter than a regular C, maybe between a C and a D.

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post
                  Thanks for your input guys. Talked to him today, he was like "well I don't measure any of my guitar necks" But then we have certified measurements on Audiofanzine and then the catalogs.
                  Then he concluded that C necks always feel chunky to him. I'm like ok. Apparently he hasn't seen the .952 LP necks and that's what I thought he meant. The .780 is pretty close to Jackson which might of what he meant. https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/le...-necks.245425/

Anyways, still he was partially right but only with JCF-1 guitars, which are so rare? How many did this site make, like 5 of them?

Q: Does the C neck shape u refer to feel like the Thin C schecters that are everywhere? Another friend of mine owns a bunch of LP's and 2 RR1 guitars. He said its the best neck he's ever played and the C is flatter than a regular C, maybe between a C and a D.
                  I've only owned a Rhoads PRO, it was thin enough more of the thin D and the spec's should match usa spec's I had a usa king V but I'm not sure that's relative in spec's
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

I've only owned a Rhoads PRO, it was thin enough more of the thin D and the spec's should match usa spec's I had a usa king V but I'm not sure that's relative in spec's
                    Do u still got it? Man that's a nice guitar! btw Audiofanzine reported the RR1 and Rhoads pro have different thickness. For me thats not a big deal , but different spec. Surely not a .95 inch LP

Comment

https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...rr-limited-run

Comment

Do u still got it? Man that's a nice guitar! btw Audiofanzine reported the RR1 and Rhoads pro have different thickness. For me thats not a big deal , but different spec. Surely not a .95 inch LP

Did you see the guy that owns the Rhoads PRO and a RR1 saying they a basically the same?

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Did you see the guy that owns the Rhoads PRO and a RR1 saying they a basically the same?
                          Nope, what guy is that? Maybe it depends on year. But surely whether its a 20.9mm or a 22.1 its still a Jackson neck is all I care about and should be A quality

Comment

Nope, what guy is that? Maybe it depends on year. But surely whether its a 20.9mm or a 22.1 its still a Jackson neck is all I care about and should be A quality
                            on the thread I gave you a link to

Comment

i got to play rr009 years ago...i remember the neck was quite chunky...body felt tiny too...it had a repaired headstock (not very well at the time) and i heard they (famous bargain music) sold it to a collector who had the headstock repaired properly...but yeah it felt different from any post 87 rhoads i've ever personally picked up...d.m.
                              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                              X