NGD - I almost love the PC1..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
    As a general matter, yep totally agree with that. On this particular issue, though, they were pretty consistent in not allowing it. The FMIC lawyers control the strathead thing with an iron fist. LOL ...And I've yet to see an exception to the rules that were in place at that time.
    Remember what one of the first thing Jackson did after Fender bought them? They produced a small batch of custom stratheads and showed them off. A bunch of people got pissed off because they wouldn't allow orders after that. Someone reminded me of this today by PMing a picture of one of those guitars. I remember it from a decade ago.

EDIT: After discussing it with someone, I may have my history wrong.
    Last edited by xenophobe; 08-07-2012, 11:42 PM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

There was a surfcaster at NAMM around that time that had a rev strathead...
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'd love to see them, drawing a blank on this happening back then. :think:

Comment

I don't recall those either Mike. There is a trans blue HRF single hum which is now owned by Rege but that was well after the FMIC buyout. As I recall it was ordered through DCGL and FMIC tried to back out because of the no stratheads policy but for whatever reason they relented. I almost grabbed it when Phil was selling but it had the big PC1 neck, plus a small logo aligned to the bottom of the head which I really dislike. EDIT: here's a pic of it..

Last edited by neilli; 08-07-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Nice addition to the stable! I'm still waiting for tickets for the opening of the neilli Jackson museum.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

$200 a ticket an you can come visit

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                I don't recall those either Mike. There is a trans blue HRF single hum which is now owned by Rege but that was well after the FMIC buyout. As I recall it was ordered through DCGL and FMIC tried to back out because of the no stratheads policy but for whatever reason they relented. I almost grabbed it when Phil was selling but it had the big PC1 neck, plus a small logo aligned to the bottom of the head which I really dislike. EDIT: here's a pic of it..
                No, I'm not thinking of that one but I remember it. I swear there was a batch of CS non-reversed non-PC1 Jackson Statheads made for NAMM that pissed off a bunch of people. But after talking with someone, I may be confusing it for the first batch of PC1 stratheads.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I remember when they announced they would do strathead Charvels again - as I recall, the TMZ oiled were the first regularly available ones. And I remember when the PC1 got the strathead and being girlishly excited when Def Leppard played on Live8 and Phil was using one...

Comment

Working...
                  X