NGD - I almost love the PC1..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conrgrats, Ian! That's awesome.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh, any way you could PM me a copy of the work order? I just want to change the color, and I'll see if they'll let me order it.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That is just way too cool. Congrats!
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

OMFG, that is just sick. I'm in awe. Congrats!

Comment

One classy guitar. It almost looks that is has natural binding on the body on some pictures. What are the pickups on that?

Comment

Originally posted by busdriver View Post
              That's a great looking guitar! Congratulations

I'm a bit jealous, because a few years ago I wanted to order a guitar like this: A PC-1 without sustainer but 2-humbucker configuration and got the reply that Jackson won't do it. Seems that times have changed
              I don't understand this at all. Jackson won't make a 24 fret soloist/strathead with 2 hums and no sustainer? Seriously?
              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Ian - that is tits! Congrats. Very nice taste in specs. "Spot on" as the Brits say. The Phil vid clip is super cool.

Say, if anyone wants to do a limited run of these with a different finish & WITH the sustainer circuit; shall we discuss over the weekend in the "Limited" section?

Comment

Custom Shop let you re-spec a guitar beyond "legal specs"...
                  They sent a phisical sample of the wood they were using just to make sure they were cutting the right tree...
                  Pablo S abandoned his family for 16 months just to be sure that the body's measures were within 1/1000th of an inch of the original body...
                  The Music Zoo arranged the visit of PC in order to have the guitar shipped by the time he'd be there...or PC told TMZ that he was going down to visit the store 'cause he was following a guitar which he thought was for him...

They better take Dave fucking Mustaine down to the CS in order to sign and approve every single molecule of the guitar I want to order...

Amazing guitar, and amazing way of getting it

Comment

Awesome guitar, and with Phil signing it with the video is just unreal! Very Cool, congrats!

Comment

Congrats, Ian! That turned out kick ass. I'm not a big fan of browns and natural colors but that brown/root beer color is stunning on the quilt top. And very cool to get a video of Phil playing and signing.

Comment

Ian, that guitar is just drop-dead gorgeous. Love the simplified specs. And very cool of MZ to get Phil to sign/play it. Congrats, bro!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          If I could order one like that in black, without a PC sig splashed on the front of the headstock, I'd get one.
                          Originally posted by Trem View Post
                          Damn, that coulda been a good one for a forum run right there.
                          Originally posted by busdriver View Post
                          I'm a bit jealous, because a few years ago I wanted to order a guitar like this: A PC-1 without sustainer but 2-humbucker configuration and got the reply that Jackson won't do it. Seems that times have changed
                          Uhhhmm, do you guys realize that this can all be done, and with no PC1-related limitations? Just order it as a custom shop Charvel, instead.

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                          I don't understand this at all. Jackson won't make a 24 fret soloist/strathead with 2 hums and no sustainer? Seriously?
                          If by "Soloist" you mean a neck-through, no. Neck-through + stratheads are strictly verboten. I've already tried to order one, and was denied.

Comment

Sheddermon, no I meant bolt-on. So "dinky" I guess is the right term.

So the limitations are because it says Jackson on the headstock? If I wanted a 24 fret bolt-on dinky strathead with 2 hums and a Wilkinson trem, it would be a no-go with the Jackson logo, but with the Charvel logo it's all good? Is this correct? If so, why?
                            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Simple, the only authorized Jacksons that can be done as stratheads are the PC and AS models. So you have to (generally) stay close to the specs of their respective signature models, even for custom shop orders.

In contrast, (almost) anything goes on the Charvel custom shop. These are not limited to artist sig model specs.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                                Uhhhmm, do you guys realize that this can all be done, and with no PC1-related limitations? Just order it as a custom shop Charvel, instead.
                                I don't want a custom shop Charvel. I want a custom shop Jackson.
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X