It's a GO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    No, FWAP! FWAP! FWAP! will be the sound he's making when he gets it delivered haha.
    Probably. Most likely followed by BLAM when my wife learns I dropped another bundle on a 2nd custom shop.
    FWAM is the arbitrary comic book sound effect that came to mind when I was putting this design together. Was a huge comic book fan as a kid (shit, even as an adult) and it seemed fitting to use that genre in designing the look of the ax.

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
      cock dragon, no doubt
      its really the only way to go.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Sweet. So, will this be considered a "Lichtenstein"? Forgive me if that is a stupid question, but I'm not a comic book fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          Sweet. So, will this be considered a "Lichtenstein"? Forgive me if that is a stupid question, but I'm not a comic book fanboy.
          I can see how the comparison can be made. But no, Roy was NOT an inspiration at all. Just an homage to comic book art in general. Considered using some of my comic book characters as fodder for the graphic:
          Hey, Osama! copy.jpg
          Last edited by vector; 03-02-2012, 08:11 AM.

Comment

you need to make the cockdragon into a comic book character.

Comment

Sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                Probably. Most likely followed by BLAM when my wife learns I dropped another bundle on a 2nd custom shop.
                FWAM is the arbitrary comic book sound effect that came to mind when I was putting this design together. Was a huge comic book fan as a kid (shit, even as an adult) and it seemed fitting to use that genre in designing the look of the ax.
                Great idea, but like others have already said, the pups are gonna mess up the 'FWAM'. Ever thought of the writing on the long horn? Either way, looks cool!!

BTW, are you watching 'comic book men' on AMC? I watched a few mins here and there. Seems like a funny show.
                Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                  Great idea, but like others have already said, the pups are gonna mess up the 'FWAM'. Ever thought of the writing on the long horn? Either way, looks cool!!

BTW, are you watching 'comic book men' on AMC? I watched a few mins here and there. Seems like a funny show.
                  No worries. I opted for the pups & rings to be painted. My only concern is if I decide to switch pups (I am notoriously prone to swapping 'em for even the dumbest reasons) I'm screwed. That's another 150 each time to get a new pup painted just like.
                  I'll have to check out 'comic book men' Thanks for the tip.

Comment

How about getting the original graphic on those EMG covers that are just covers that go over passive pups? Then you could change all the pups you want and still keep the graphic .
                    Sam

Comment

I say go cockdragon, or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        How about getting the original graphic on those EMG covers that are just covers that go over passive pups? Then you could change all the pups you want and still keep the graphic .
                        I like that idea...a lot.

Comment

Here's a more accurate rendition. Obviously, the pups would be painted as well. Haven't gotten to photoshop-ing that in yet. And no, it won't glow in the dark, as depicted.

Comment

I always thought a guitar with a graphic of Wonder Wart Hog would have been cool as hell.
                            Any R.Crumb character for that matter.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Whatever happened to the Cock Dragon guitar ? The JCF has turned that monstrosity into a legend up to the point where it might actually be desireable. Good god, what have we done !

Vector, are you going with a maple fingerboard ? I can see that guitar with an ebony fingerboard. Then maybe you could used orange and/or green dots or sharkies. LOL, how about alternating orange and green sharkfins on an ebony board. That would look wild.
                              Last edited by lepard; 03-04-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post

Vector, are you going with a maple fingerboard ? I can see that guitar with an ebony fingerboard. Then maybe you could used orange and/or green dots or sharkies. LOL, how about alternating orange and green sharkfins on an ebony board. That would look wild.
                                Lepard- Yeah, I am. Tonally and aesthetically I wanted something close to the pro mod Charvels. I already have a CS Star w/ dark rosewood board & MOP sharkies, as well as a bunch of Hamer Cali's w/ ebony boards & MOP boomers. Figured it was time for a maple board. I wrestled with doing the black sharkies on the maple neck and I just can't get into that look. Dunno why.

Alternating orange and green sharkies ? Hmm. Maybe on the next cs order...
                                Last edited by vector; 03-04-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X