It's a GO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a GO

Just got word back from Matt; Jackson CS said they'd do a neck thru Star w/ my design for the graphic. Oh fuck yeah! Alder body, 24 frets, 2H, floating OFR, reverse pointy painted to match body, maple board & black hardware.

Exciting. What's the graphic?
    http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

cock dragon, no doubt

Comment

Thats awesome, congrats! Weren't you trying to do a Charvel first, but really wanted a neck thru?
        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
          Thats awesome, congrats! Weren't you trying to do a Charvel first, but really wanted a neck thru?
          Yup. Charvel won't do neck thru. And sadly, Jackson won't do a Strat (reversed, of course) heady which was my initial idea. 'Sall good. It'll still be badass w/ the pointy.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Vultan View Post
            Exciting. What's the graphic?
            This:

Comment

Looks good!
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The fingerboard and frets are going to be white? That will look super different for sure!
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Super cool idea. If you don't paint the PUs & rings to match the graphic, perhaps you should rotate and move the 'FWAM' to land between the vol and the switch, so it more legible.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                    Super cool idea. If you don't paint the PUs & rings to match the graphic, perhaps you should rotate and move the 'FWAM' to land between the vol and the switch, so it more legible.
                    Thanks, GP- I had considered that. That design was initially intended for a single H config. By adding the 2nd pup, I chopped off some of the text. Personally, I can live with it as is but if the cost isn't too prohibitive, I might just paint them...

Comment

Cool. Definitely have the pickups painted.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

+1 on painting the pick ups.Be more complete that way.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

wicked graphic, man. Painted p/u's or no, it looks like you've recycled some cartoon billboard. Should look awesome
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Really cool, but what does 'fwam' mean? Is that like 'fwap'?
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

No, FWAP! FWAP! FWAP! will be the sound he's making when he gets it delivered haha.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X