No announcement yet.

NGD: Jackson SDX Adrian Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would buy one of these if I wasn't waiting on the new X Series 7 Strings. I'll wait on these to pick one up used for like $300

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
      Hmmm?:think: My socal has amazing build quality so maybe you got a lemon?:think:

M adrian should arrive tomorrow and i will run it through all the paces then post a review of it compared to my so cal.
      I'm talking about my Desolation series Charvel.

Japanese Pro-Mod build quality is really nice, it still doesn't hold a candle to the originals though.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        I'm talking about my Desolation series Charvel.

Japanese Pro-Mod build quality is really nice, it still doesn't hold a candle to the originals though.
        Nothing can hold a candle to the original san dimas strats and stars. Trust me if money and availability were not a issue i would own at least 10 strat originals and about the same amount for the stars. Love the originals,shame the CS can quite get them back? The CS charvels are really great but still not quite like the original pre pro's and early serilalized prods.

Comment

Nothing can hold a candle to the original san dimas strats and stars. Trust me if money and availability were not a issue i would own at least 10 strat originals and about the same amount for the stars. Love the originals,shame the CS can quite get them back? The CS charvels are really great but still not quite like the original pre pro's and early serilalized prods.
          Never played a pre-pro. I'm talking about my '89 Custom Jackson strathead. I think that neck profile is long gone, or has been forgotten, or it's cheaper to use Fender blanks... or something.

Comment

Hmmm?:think: My socal has amazing build quality so maybe you got a lemon?:think:

M adrian should arrive tomorrow and i will run it through all the paces then post a review of it compared to my so cal.
            Any news regarding the review of the SDX compared to the so cal? I'm curious to read about this.

Comment

Originally posted by armdias View Post
              Any news regarding the review of the SDX compared to the so cal? I'm curious to read about this.
              Listen i was not sure IF i shold post this here but i guess it is best, the adrian i ordered had t0 be sent back.
              It had some flaws that i was not happy with,nothing real serious but enough to make me re-pack it and send it back for a exchange. The front single was cutting in and out and the truss rod was very tight already and the neck still needed to be straightened more and i did not want to strip the truss rod from over tightening.
              I will see what adrian #2 has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                Never played a pre-pro. I'm talking about my '89 Custom Jackson strathead. I think that neck profile is long gone, or has been forgotten, or it's cheaper to use Fender blanks... or something.
                I remember the 89 neck,i owned a white 89 soloist and for whatever reason(FMIC?) the newer soloist's have a thicker neck shape?

Comment

Listen i was not sure IF i shold post this here but i guess it is best, the adrian i ordered had t0 be sent back.
                  It had some flaws that i was not happy with,nothing real serious but enough to make me re-pack it and send it back for a exchange. The front single was cutting in and out and the truss rod was very tight already and the neck still needed to be straightened more and i did not want to strip the truss rod from over tightening.
                  I will see what adrian #2 has to offer.
                  Serial?
                  "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I remember the 89 neck,i owned a white 89 soloist and for whatever reason(FMIC?) the newer soloist's have a thicker neck shape?
                    My 89 strathead doesn't resemble a soloist at all. I've never played a SD strathead, but it's pretty much the same profile as the Jackson woodburn necks, maybe a tad thicker. It has the same headstock shape and the same volute as a SD Charvel strathead.

I haven't played a USA Adrian Smith (or the import) so I have no idea how close that might be, but the headstock shape is not classic Jackson and the volute is different from SD/Jackson classic shapes so it's likely the backshape is a bit different as well..

Comment

I played one for a minute at GC the other day and the neck felt great. I was expecting a fatter Fender feel. Granted I have no experience with Jackson/Charvel Strats at all.
                      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                        Serial?
                        what does this mean? serial?

Comment

what does this mean? serial?
                          That means what is the serial number for the returned guitar. In case someone orders one so they dont get stuck with a lemon.

Comment

Im going to have to stop in at the local GC and see if they have any. Unless its utterly amazing I wont be buying one, as I have no desire to own any more "Crafted in India" ( ) guitars. Would like to try one tho just for the hell of it tho.
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                              That means what is the serial number for the returned guitar. In case someone orders one so they dont get stuck with a lemon.
                              They are not re-selling it as a new unused jackson at the store i got it, Thier policy is that any flawed guitar bought new from them goes into the blowout section, so that adrian will re-sell for $350-$400 and have the details of why it is a blowout. No one will get stuck wit a lemon unless they want to or cant read

Comment

But say someone buys it, and it sucks then sells it on ebay without giving out the details of why it sucked. Then it has nothing to do with who can't read.

Comment

Working...
                                X