Yup, folks... I will soon be Jackson-less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yup, folks... I will soon be Jackson-less

The EB/MM Petrucci looks cool, but the switch position reminds me of the Van Halen model, which gets in the way of my picking hand.

Congrats on getting the guitar, Word. A neck-thru Jackson will give you such a different sound that it's worth having both.

Comment

WORD.... Im an old fart and couldn't agree with you more about those overrated Mesa's.. It is a one trick pony that is a perfect match for a seven string IBeenhad drop tuned to C.

Oh yes.. Those three chords played repeticiously sound great through a mud- launcher like a RectalFrier.. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

As for the EB.. That is a company who really has there sh!t together. I love every neck they make on ALL there models. I also think they get the highest great quilt maple for the tops of there guitars. I had an EB Music Man that had the most intense top I have EVER seen. I would have kept it but I don't keep ANYTHING [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If I was a gigging musician I would play Ernie Ball and they wouldn't even have to pay me to do it.

As for Jacksons: Well built guitars but for the most part, one trick ponies. Jacksons to me are what Kramers were in the 80's. They are the one company left out their that caters to the true shredder and I [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] apprecetiate them for that. Unfortunatley, my hands DO NOT like a wide-thin profile so I find most Jackson necks difficult to navigate.

Comment

and don't tell me I have a lot to learn.. I know how to dial in a good sound. I'm not stupid.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I find I learn more about sound every year I play... Even at 38, I learn... So, you have a LOT to earn still.

But, I guess at 14 you're a pro... Not stupid, just impetuous...

I don't like MESAs either. But,every time I go back to one, I dial it a little better...

Comment

Originally posted by kickaxeguitars:
          WORD.... Im an old fart and couldn't agree with you more about those overrated Mesa's.. It is a one trick pony that is a perfect match for a seven string IBeenhad drop tuned to C.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Chuck, weren't you a fan of the Crate Blue Voodoos?

Pete

Comment

Atleast you'll be getting rid of that icky guitar with the pink pickups [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And i'm NOT buying that one >.< u licked it! See? another reason not to buy used. People lick their guitars. ewwwwwww [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

LinaV, I like you - you're weird! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, those one trick pony Rectifiers that only the nu-metal kids that tune to C# use...including John Petrucci himself.

Comment

I'll say it again I love my Boogie.
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

awwwwwwww i love you too snoogy [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LinaV:
                      Atleast you'll be getting rid of that icky guitar with the pink pickups [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And i'm NOT buying that one >.< u licked it! See? another reason not to buy used. People lick their guitars. ewwwwwww [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope you don't eat at restaurants then,
                      because I hate to tell you; you aren't the first person to use that fork, knife,
                      spoon and plate!

>^.^<
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Actually, i haven't eaten at a restauront in like ummmmmmm *thinks* 5 years lol. Wow, i never thought of that o.O But i'm sure they clean the silverwear ^.^ But then again, they did put it in their mouth, scrape their teeth all over it, and lick it with their tongue... >.< eeeeeeeewy

I'm stickin to my normal fast food n stuff lol. Either that, or i'ma bring my own silverwear ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                          Yeah, those one trick pony Rectifiers that only the nu-metal kids that tune to C# use...including John Petrucci himself.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Box.. John Petrucci uses Mesa Boogie Mark II C+ heads. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

This Guitar Center was not full of idiots though. This has to be the best GC in America judging by all the other stories from the other ones! ROFL... Gil.. I bet yours is wonderful as well!

There was this guy named Melina at the GC here... and he can frikkin' shred! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Word, Petrucci has used Dual Recs as recently as The Glass Prison on Six Degrees....he also uses Mark IV's, Triaxis preamps with 2:90 poweramps, and a Heartbreaker combo. This I know for a fact. Mark II C's have been his workhorse amps and are his favorites but he has used all of those others and more.

Comment

In fact, here is a pic from one of his past rigs, from his site....

http://www.johnpetrucci.com/images/e.../mesa_amps.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X