Clear All

Re: Yup, folks... I will soon be Jackson-less

I would get rid of that Ive-been-had before those
    Jacksons you got. Jems are a dime a dozen too
    many out there. Good guitars but not great by any
    stretch. However that Petrucci model is sweet to
    the touch. And I have tried Mesa's in the store
    and found them too be a tad Muddy but that was
    in a store enviroment. Many guitarists love them.
    Too each his own. Hey Word if you have no more
    Jacksons how can you justify being here at the home of all things Jackson. I say just expand your
    collection dont thin it out. JMO.

Ric

Comment

Originally posted by Ric1983:
      Hey Word if you have no more
      Jacksons how can you justify being here at the home of all things Jackson.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because this is the coolest guitar forum on the Net!! There are quite a few members who don't actually own any Jacksons or Charvels. They may have previously, or they plan to soon. Or they just haven't found the J/C that fits 'em yet but still appreciate the wealth of the knowledge, and willingness to share information and just generally shoot the sh!t about all things geetar that you find around here. Whether he owns one or not shouldn't matter. We don't require proof of ownership to register here.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks VitG!
        I don't feel quite so wretched now!
        I will get another one day,honest I will...

Comment

Don't worry guys.. I'm not leaving the Jackson family behind!!! The next guitar I'm going to try and buy after the Petrucci model is a 90s neck thru Warrior. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sorry.. but I have to thin the collection out to get this guitar. Too expensive for me to just buy on my own right now. Plus, I want it NOW! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I could try and keep them in the JCF Family... if anyone would like to point me to a good guide on how to pack a guitar properly.

Hey Joe, if you would like your Dinky back, man.. I would glady sell it back to you. Don't think I don't like it man, because I LOVE IT... I just found the one, you know?

Ric... how could you say that just because I don't own any Jacksons(well I haven't sold them quite yet..), that I don't have a reason to be here? I've been coming here a good long while now and I love this place. Even if all I played were Fender, I'd still be here.

Comment

the guitar was nice, (same model) was beat to hell at gc, amazing they would put such a high end guitar on a stand next to a little practice amp for someone to beat on.

The frets were a little small for me, I would have preferred bigger ones, almost expected bigger ones, since his ibanez models had jumbo's.

Dave

Comment

Hey Word, I was joking with you. I in no way
              suggest Anyone should leave this Excellent Board.
              I think yours and many others perspectives are
              very informative. I do think you need that Rectifier for a week before you dismiss it though.
              And I was bashing the JEM because It is no better than a RGT42 other than pickups. And the RG is half the cost. I also own Jackson,Ibanez,Fender and want many more. I find this Board an invaluable reference tool for all things Guitar.

Ric

Comment

In reference to all the Jem bashing going on around here, all I have to say is "MINE RULES" Of course, it ain't the KE-2, but it STILL RULES. The neck profile is worlds away from the RGxxx series, and you cannot compare the two as the same.. totally different animals...
                Just my 2cents

Comment

Originally posted by -=RkR=-:
                  In reference to all the Jem bashing going on around here, all I have to say is "MINE RULES" Of course, it ain't the KE-2, but it STILL RULES. The neck profile is worlds away from the RGxxx series, and you cannot compare the two as the same.. totally different animals...
                  Just my 2cents
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Right on dude.. I prefer bolt on guitars as well.. but a neck thru would be nice.

It's no problem Ric, but a smiley would help next time. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Word make sure you contact me first about the
                    EB JP i might be able to get you a new one CHEAPER then GC

Comment

Hows this Word.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] and [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ric

[ February 27, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Ric1983 ]

Comment

Originally posted by Word:

Hey Joe, if you would like your Dinky back, man.. I would glady sell it back to you. Don't think I don't like it man, because I LOVE IT... I just found the one, you know?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Only if you sell it back to me for $100 less! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No, seriously, I don't want it back. It was a sweet player, but I also needed to thin out the heard a little and was glad to sell it to you. It's yours now to do with what you want, so I'm not offended if you get rid of it for something you like better. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Alright man, thanks.

Comment

WORD...My buddy is a EB MM dealer...I could probobly get it at cost for ya..what ya looking for? E-mail me

Comment

Different strokes for different folks I guess... I owned a single recto with 5881s that sounded great. Not muddy at all. Of course, I didn't just flatten the mids and crank the presence/gain to the sky either...

Most people who find em muddy crank the bass along with the magical settings above. they don't realize that a mesa's tone controls are much more interactive than a Marshalls - when you adjust the mids, you are changing a lot.

It makes them harder to dial in, but more versatile, imho. I like rectos. I sold a VHT to buy one.

Pete

Comment

VERY NICE brand new Jackson RR1s, one black with gold pinstripes, but both were damaged by STUPID KIDS(I'm assuming) who tried to take a guitar down higher from it.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would probably take an EB/MM over some beat to hell RR1's. I could only assume where the hell these dumb ass Nu-Metal chord beaters set the action at.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X