Yup, folks... I will soon be Jackson-less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yup, folks... I will soon be Jackson-less

cool guitars mate,my ibanez js 90th ham changes colors green/blue/purple when you move it..those eb's are great guitars.
    concerning jems..lol...i have one old desert yellow with the pryamid inlays and its great.i do a lot of work with that one
    i know what you mean by having too many guitars..lol i just had to get rid of a 91 jackson fusion coz i have too many to string up and use..lol and the soloist rocks [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Word, I have the EB Petrucci model myself. The color you described is called Mystic Dream by EB. It was however originally used on a limited number of 1996 Mustang Cobras and was called simply, Mystic. I had a custom shop Rhoads done in that color (had to send Tim Wilson the touch up bottles of paint to do it). Absolutely killer finish!!! Anyway, there are some other options available on that Petrucci model which are not found on the ones Guitar Center carries. GC carries the Mystic Dream Petrucci with matching headstock (yep,thats an option)but they don't have the JP inlays which is no biggie, nor do they have the optional piezo pickup. The piezo is killer sounding on these guitars. If you have a chance to get one with the piezo I would highly recommend it.
      The EB Petrucci model I have is one of the earliest ones which features the options listed above. It also has his actual signature on the headstock under the clearcoat. I think the first 50 6-strings and first 50 7-strings were this way then the remaining production models got the silk screened sig. They are indeed high quality guitars and they do feel very different from Jacksons. Jacksons still remain my favorite, however you're not making a mistake by buying an EB Petrucci, that much I can tell you. Enjoy the EB JP.

Rudy

P.S. Its too bad I play my Jacksons and EB Petrucci thru those horible sounding Mesa amps [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Hey Word,

Have you checked out Musicians Friend? They are selling the JPM MM for $999 with free shipping! That's a good deal I think. Colors you can get are Black Sparkle, White Sparkle and Pearl Blue. Check it out JPM Music Man

The email for price comes back with $999 tag

Comment

Hey Word, here's one for ya. Is this the one your lookin at??
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33043
          They are sharp! Gotta love the colored stain.
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by jem777az:
            Hey Word,

Have you checked out Musicians Friend? They are selling the JPM MM for $999 with free shipping! That's a good deal I think. Colors you can get are Black Sparkle, White Sparkle and Pearl Blue. Check it out JPM Music Man

The email for price comes back with $999 tag
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Musician's Friend do not have any with matching headstocks though.. and white sparkle has been discontinued.

I will not say where I am buying it from.. LOL.. I guess I'm paranoid from the last incident! But it's white sparkle, matching headstock, and special JP inlays.

Budman.. I'm not looking at the Ibanez models.. although I'd like a few of em.. lol

Comment

I'm glad some people like these guitars... no matter how well they may sound and play, they look like stratocasters with tumors to me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Working...
              X