Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These dicks never stop the insanity.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand all this hate towards this, I think it is awesome that they can pull these things off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      Well, aren't these built with the same idea as the special release Concordes? Aren't they all weighed and measured and reliced to be as exact as possible copies of the artist guitar? I don't recall people losing their shit over the Randy tributes that sold for over $12K.

If the only reason to hate on this is because it's a brand you don't like it seems kind of Grade 6.
      I wasn't a member here when that Rhoads model came out. Believe me if I was I would have said the same thing. My friends and I were all mind blown by that too. Just for the cheap seats I love old Gibsons. I have a 1976 original Les Paul that I wouldn't trade for anything.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
        I don't understand all this hate towards this, I think it is awesome that they can pull these things off.
        It's not hate bro. It's not understanding how someone could drop that kind of cash on a guitar that's all beat up. I mean the thing has a huge chunk out of the top. The only way I would drop that kind of money on a Les Paul is if it was vintage. I just think the whole relic thing is stupid and over priced but that's just my opinion.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
          Who are you busting on? Sweetwater or Gibson or both?
          Sweetwater has nothing to do with Gibson's insane prices for a beat up guitar.

Comment

Also guys Jackson comes out with a relic guitar that's 12K like once every blue moon. Every time I get a new AMS or Musicians friend magazine I see them doing this with a different artist. I could have posted the 8K Joe Perry model they're trying to sell that's all beat up too.

Comment

Prices are ridiculous....agreed....however creating a "relic" is not just "beating up a guitar"....it's not just the "look" it's the "feel" too....a well done "relic" not only looks like an old guitar but feels like an old guitar too....I love 'em!!

Comment

See I am of the opinion that I want to relic a guitar myself the real way...By playing it! I mean you could drop the money on that guitar and hate the way Duane has worn it in. You know Gibson's not giving anyone a refund on anything! So then you're stuck with a 10K beat up guitar you hate. I'd have to spend some serious time playing a relic guitar before I spent that kind of money on it. But to each their own. I just hate how everything costs so much now. I mean I have money and I am not hurting for anything but to me it seems like everyone has forgotten the value of a dollar. Like I said the only way I drop that kind of money is for a real vintage instrument.

Comment

Also why pay "brand new price" for a guitar with a "Used" feel. It just seems foolish to me. JMO.

Comment

Another question, if you buy an artist relic'd guitar and add a ding or dent to it yourself that wasn't done by the artist, would that completely screw the value of it? Are they just wall hangers or ego boosters? I would still love to hang out with a fella or chick for that matter that would spend that kind of change on a guitar that is new but made to feel and look old, especially when you could get an actual old naturally relic'd one way way cheaper. But to each there own and a fool and his money will always part ways... that is why I have more guitars than I have money
                    I like black and white guitars

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                      Also guys Jackson comes out with a relic guitar that's 12K like once every blue moon. Every time I get a new AMS or Musicians friend magazine I see them doing this with a different artist. I could have posted the 8K Joe Perry model they're trying to sell that's all beat up too.

Though you'll never see me agreeing the RR1 Tribute is worth it's money
                      With Gibson, these kind of things are becoming more and more normal

and as for Relic'd guitars: Sorry, No! I'm not stupid enough to pay extra for a beat up guitar
                      Neither do you guys when you see damage listed on an Ebay Axe, so why for this obvious fraud?
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

"damage" & a relicing are two different thangs!!

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                          yeah, $$$ different
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

You may only see that but that just is not true....nitro finish versus poly....& a "relic" guitar has a reliced finish not "damaged"....& again feels & looks like an old broken-in guitar....but YMMV!!

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                              I don't know man. They look pretty similar in my opinion. The huge chunk that's missing on the maple top looks like damage to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                                yeah, $$$ different
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X