Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These dicks never stop the insanity.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    I'm personally not a big fan of relicing because I like my guitars in as close to new shape as possible. however, I do understand the appeal to some people and if it makes them happy good for them. On artist models there is a big difference between a Concorde and a Les Paul. You can buy a regular Les Paul any time. You can't buy a Rhoads Concorde, Jackson won't build it for you. Your choices for a Concorde are either a Concorde Relic, an LTD, a 25th anniversary, or one of the 4 NAMM built LTD's. All are expensive. And btw, the Concorde Relic was over $12K list price not street price. Sure, its still an expensive guitar but also one that will continue to be valuable in the future. I have artist models from various manufaturers. I like them, I buy them, and I play them cause it makes me happy Some of the Les Paul signature models go up in value. So depending on the model it may be a better investment than you think. This isn't true of all of them but some.
    +1 but I can get a real Concorde anytime I want for about $3800.00 bucks.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
      +1 but I can get a real Concorde anytime I want for about $3800.00 bucks.
      Not new from Jackson. They won't build that original body style. You can however buy one of the LTD's used close to that price with a Schaller Floyd. One of the ones with vintage trems will run more than that, generally speaking.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        Not new from Jackson. They won't build that original body style. You can however buy one of the LTD's used close to that price with a Schaller Floyd. One of the ones with vintage trems will run more than that, generally speaking.
        I was talking about a GJ2. Grover is building them again.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Speaking of GJ2, I just read this on the site:

If you would like one of our guitars to look like it has been used for years we have the following advice – buy one and play it for years. Guitars are beautiful objects for sure, but they should be played with fire, passion and intensity. Don’t pet it; play the hell out of it. You will have a lovingly aged guitar in no time, and one that reflects the passion that you, alone, have put into it. Enjoy.
          Couldn't have said it better myself. To me, every scar my guitars have has a story. Why in the hell would I want to have someone give me a replica of another person's stories?

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
            Speaking of GJ2, I just read this on the site:

Couldn't have said it better myself. To me, every scar my guitars have has a story. Why in the hell would I want to have someone give me a replica of another person's stories?
            +1 bro Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Comment

Different angle for you: Remember the Fender Yngwie "Play Loud" aged strat that cost a small fortune? My local dealer had one in stock. An Italian blues guitarist on tour in London saw it, and on a whim asked to give it a go. He loved how it sounded, bought it on the spot. He also ordered another one. Not a bad day's trade

Inspiration can come from anywhere (although I like to personally chip the end of a pointy head stock)

Comment

Originally posted by 1994 View Post
                Different angle for you: Remember the Fender Yngwie "Play Loud" aged strat that cost a small fortune? My local dealer had one in stock. An Italian blues guitarist on tour in London saw it, and on a whim asked to give it a go. He loved how it sounded, bought it on the spot. He also ordered another one. Not a bad day's trade

Inspiration can come from anywhere (although I like to personally chip the end of a pointy head stock)
                had to google the guitar.. just daumn

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/1...caster---Used/
                GEAR:
                #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                AMPS:
                1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

I'm not a fan of artificial relic'd guitars / the price associated with it. it's like ordering a brand new Ferrari and then paying them another 100k to reverse it into a couple a bollards and have someone drag a supermarket trolley down the sides of it

Comment

Its the same old thing among all products, everyone wanted the Ray Ban sunglasses Tom Cruise wore in Risky Business and Top Gun, muscle car fans want a Shelby Cobra kit car, kids want the latest shoes that Lebron is wearing, or the jeans that Brooke Shields use to wear, etc...

People with the disposable income are the target for these, many of which probably have four cars and three motorcycles, so it ain't no big thing to them. Or the die hard that will just go into massive debt to acquire one lol.

I think the concept is cool and don't frown on the offerings, but like many, I'll just throw my guitar down the stairs if I want to relic it.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Quoted it before and quoting it again- There's a sucker born every minute. But, if they wanna drop that kinda cheddah on that kinda stuff, more power to 'em.
                      I'd rather drop that kinda coin on MY signature guitar and then relic it the old fashioned way: playing the fuck outta it.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                        Quoted it before and quoting it again- There's a sucker born every minute. But, if they wanna drop that kinda cheddah on that kinda stuff, more power to 'em.
                        I'd rather drop that kinda coin on MY signature guitar and then relic it the old fashioned way: playing the fuck outta it.
                        +1 I said the same thing essentially in a prior post bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                          Its the same old thing among all products, everyone wanted the Ray Ban sunglasses Tom Cruise wore in Risky Business and Top Gun, muscle car fans want a Shelby Cobra kit car, kids want the latest shoes that Lebron is wearing, or the jeans that Brooke Shields use to wear, etc...

People with the disposable income are the target for these, many of which probably have four cars and three motorcycles, so it ain't no big thing to them. Or the die hard that will just go into massive debt to acquire one lol.

I think the concept is cool and don't frown on the offerings, but like many, I'll just throw my guitar down the stairs if I want to relic it.
                          +1 very true and well said. It's sad to see some many people who have no identity as a player so they latch on to whatever they perceive as "Cool" or in style at the moment. It's the same thing with playing style. I have a myriad of different friends who are all so stuck up some players butt that they sound like carbon copies of said player. It's cool to learn someone else's riffs and a few solos from them. But don't just play it the same way for 10 years. Take the riff or a riff from the solo and expand on it make it your own. That's why I won't drop all that coin on a guitar that's all beat up exactly like some other artists. I think it's so much cooler to play a guitar until it gets to that point yourself. To me buying a guitar like that is a poser move. It's like saying "Oh I play so much look what happened to my guitar." Meanwhile the guitar is less than a month old and has 20 hours of playing time on it. I have a Kramer Baretta from 1984 that is in better shape than the 10K relic they bought and it's got 20,000 more hours of playing time on it. I guess it's all a matter of taste. I have paid for every guitar I've ever gotten so I tend to take good care of my shit. My mother and Father were very well off and could have bought me anything I wanted but my dad was real old school. He told me when I was young if I wanted something I should earn it and when or if I did earn it I would appreciate it more. He was exactly right because I have taken great care of all my guitars since I was 8 years old. They did buy me my first guitar in 1984. It was an $89 dollar Harmony Fender strat copy with a 10 watt Gorilla amp! After about two months of playing that thing I got a paper route and saved up $500 bucks and bought a real Fender Strat and an old Fender amp.
                          Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-22-2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I don't see what the ruckus is about. Gibson can make whatever they want and try to sell it for whatever they want. If someone wants it and can afford it, they'll buy it. If not, Gibson will eventually lower the price or stop making them. If someone feels better playing a guitar that's been artificially aged, who cares? Does it affect your playing? No, it doesn't.

Why is it such a grievous act to want a guitar that looks old and road worn? I wouldn't want one myself but then again I don't like lima beans and some people do. Someone else liking lima beans doesn't affect me in the least.

Seriously, if you don't understand why people want guitars like this it's fine to ask why and learn something but all the bitching and moaning, WTF?

Comment

Nobody's "bitching and Moaning" Matt_B. I also don't consider a discussion about liking or disliking relics a "Ruckus." As per usual I am sorry that something I posted is making too much noise for you. I guess I'll just keep my "Childish" opinions to myself. After all I don't want to offend anyone with a joke or my opinion. Once again that's my bad for coming to a forum about discussing likes and dislikes of guitars and guitar manufacturers and discussing said issues. Well nobody was "bitching and moaning.".... Until now.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                                Why is it such a grievous act to want a guitar that looks old and road worn? I wouldn't want one myself but then again I don't like lima beans and some people do. Someone else liking lima beans doesn't affect me in the least.

Seriously, if you don't understand why people want guitars like this it's fine to ask why and learn something but all the bitching and moaning, WTF?

Agreed....may not be obvious to those making the comments but "throw it down the stairs" or "drag it behind a car" comes off as "bitching & moaning" to those that do "get" relics & the time & work that goes into making one!!

Also....that "new" Zakk model is a Moderne....designed in the late 1950s along w/the V & Explorer....not really "new" @ all!!

Comment

Working...
                                X