No announcement yet.

ESP Guitars info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had a few ESP guitars and have played some of their CS models...

ESP makes such a wide array of guitars, you're bound to find something good. I've had 3 Lynch guitars and a Gus G. Star. with a floyd. The Lynch's were ok, but were very similar to a San Dimas with the Charvel dominating. My Star sounded great, but it had horrible neck dive. Next to my Charvel Star, the ESP was outclassed.

I've played some of their CS models, and the quality is on par with a USA Jackson production guitar. I still have yet to play one of those crazy Alffee guitars.

Also, from what I've heard, their Edwards line is a Japanese Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
      I've had a few ESP guitars and have played some of their CS models....
      were any of them argyle?
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I have a few ESP guitars as well. They play and sound fine, nothing wrong with a good ESP. If you get some of the Lynch models, such as my Sunburst Tiger, be aware they have 1 3/4" nut width. That feels quite a bit different than the narrower nut widths we're used to on Jacksons. Other than that the only other thing I can think of is their factory setups are hit and miss. Some are set up great while others are horrendous. The guitars themselves are fine though.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          I get ALL my advice from the JCF. Jackson/Charvel gear advice, advice on gear from other manufacturers, medical advice, legal advice, financial advice, EVERYTHING. One stop shop!
          Give me a shout if you need medical advice. remember, I am an engineer and a taxidermist, so in some 3rd world countries I AM a surgeon.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
            Give me a shout if you need medical advice. remember, I am an engineer and a taxidermist, so in some 3rd world countries I AM a surgeon.
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Thanks for the advice on the ESP's. I do understand that it may have been better
              to just go on to the ESP forum but the bias would be different so I asked here, I
              don't think I will be getting one too soon. I am most likely going to get a couple more
              Jacksons ( the dk2 I traded to get the guitar I have now, and an sl3mg) I must admit the color
              Options you gut with Jackson smoke everybody

Comment

Oh and excused the mangled post I'm not used to using a portable device to do this

Comment

Just in my limited experience this forum seems a bit more mature than the ESP forum. I had a NTB MII of recent manufacture. It was a well put together guitar but a few things I disliked when comparing it to an SL2H were: Lack of a compound radius neck, Rosewood board. Entirely subjective I know. I thought that the two Soloists I had at the time and my DK1 of the time were just a bit more solid feeling. Sound wise it was very nice. It needed a fret level right out of the gate but so did both of my DK1s and my SL2H. The neck is more of a U contour. It was less wide when comparing it to my 2010 SL2H but about the same thickness. It actually felt very close to my 1997 SL1 in overall shape.
                  1997 Dark Candy Red SL1
                  2002 Candy Apple Green DK1
                  2008 Satin Black SL3
                  2011 Charvel Socal Candy Red
                  2010 Les Paul Standard Plus Cherry Burst

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Comment

Originally posted by Sukkoi19 View Post
                    Just in my limited experience this forum seems a bit more mature than the ESP forum. .
                    of course we do. we have cockdragons and marshmellow peeps. and blues rock chatter.

Comment

Ive owned a '91 Horizon, a '04 Urban Camo MII neck thru and a '06 Horizon NTII and they've all been fantastic guitars.
                      I prefer Jackson but have nothing but good things to say about ESPs.
                      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I got a M-II deluxe and it plays like butter! I got it off e- bay for 600 shipped. so if you look, there are deals on them there. The only gripe I had with mine was that the Duncan distortion did not click with me in the alder body, so I went with active pickups and it sounds really great! I also had one about 10 years ago and it was a killer too! Yeah, custom prices are sort of crazy. I remember doing an online quote a few years for 3k and now its over 5k, but its made in Japan where the mystic tonewood forest is. You can get a gander at that forest in loudness' let it go video!

Comment

Owned a few over the years and they're great guitars.
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

Comment

"I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV." Back to OP's initial question- I've got an LTD RL-600 Star and I've grown to love it. Neck is chunkier than my CS Charvel w/ a San Dimas profile neck but build quality is great and playability is great. The satin finish is awesome and ya can't go wrong with the neck thru. I'm contemplating getting an ESP Alexi sig as I like the fret access vs. the Jackson RR's.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                                "I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV." Back to OP's initial question- I've got an LTD RL-600 Star and I've grown to love it. Neck is chunkier than my CS Charvel w/ a San Dimas profile neck but build quality is great and playability is great. The satin finish is awesome and ya can't go wrong with the neck thru. I'm contemplating getting an ESP Alexi sig as I like the fret access vs. the Jackson RR's.

With the Alexi sig. make sure you get one of the newer ones, with the extended cutout. The older model Alexi's cutout was horrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X