No announcement yet.

ATTN: Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah as I mentioned in my first post, itll fit but itll look like hell. I did it had had to take it out, just couldnt look at it like that.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
      Remember when the 80's MIJ Kramers came with Floyds?
      They also owned stake in the parent company.

Just like with Fender in the late 90s/ early 00s

I believe the company that also owns BC Rich now owns Floyd Rose, or a large stake in it.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Let's also not forget that there have been 4 different versions of the JT-580 over the years.

The original version had a square baseplate just like an OFR and even had the long lock screws in the back like an OFR.

The 2nd version had a square baseplate like an OFR with the lock screws moved up to the saddles.

The 3rd version changed to the non-square baseplate.

The 4th and current version moved production to some cheapo 3rd world country and are made out of significantly inferior metal.

Version 1 is a pretty good trem. Version 2 and 3 aren't too terrible. Version 4 which has been around since the late 90's is a piece of shit.

If you look on eBay, there is an aftermarket version of the original Ibanez Edge that sells very cheap. That trem is also on some very very ridiculously cheap no-name entry level imports. If Fender/Jackson has to be cheap about trems, at least use that one. The current JT-580LP is a horrible trem, maybe the worst licensed Floyd ever made.
        Last edited by guitarzan2; 10-05-2007, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post

The 4th and current version moved production to some cheapo 3rd world country and are made out of significantly inferior metal.

Version 1 is a pretty good trem. Version 2 and 3 aren't too terrible. Version 4 which has been around since the late 90's is a piece of shit.
          You need some educating.
          The current version (2006 - to present) has a better base plate.

The previous version, 4 as you call it, were made by more than one vendor.
          The Takeuchi JT-580's are great trems. Not Floyd quality, but I never had a complaint about mine. Survived many a serious dive bomb and always came back to zero.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            You need some educating.

The Takeuchi JT-580's are great trems. Not Floyd quality, but I never had a complaint about mine. Survived many a serious dive bomb and always came back to zero.
            SO THEY SAY they have a hardened baseplate. I say, with proof, that its bullshit.

Anyways, the Takeuchi made 580LP's were actually pretty nice... even had solid trem blocks as opposed to cast.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I had one of the newer ones before I got the black Floyd.
              It did have a better base, but the sustain block was still cast.

In the end, I wish I hadn't sold the Takeuchi 580.
              It was more comfortable than the OFR.
              -Rick

Comment

I wish I knew a place where I could take two baseplates to get hardness tested. That would be pretty cool to see how much of a difference, if at all, there is between the old and new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  You need some educating.

Well, I wouldn't know much about any of the more current import Jackson trems. The JT-580LP's on all the Guitar Center guitars still feels like a piece of shit to me, just like they felt in 2000. I haven't picked up an import Jackson that I thought was worth a crap in many years other than a few SLSMG's. Anything with a JT-580LP is automatic crap in my book but that's just me. I also don't like how the necks have gotten thicker on the bolt-on imports in the past several years. A lot of the DK2's I pick up at GC now have necks more like a Les Paul. I will give them this though, adding real EMG's was a definite improvement. The previous guitars with a JT580 and Duncan Design pickups were just doomed to begin with. They were just zero competition for a Japanese Ibanez RG with a real Edge or Edge Pro trem and a V7/V8 pickup combination.

Comment

Hm, any word on a new ask Jackson forum? Someone from FMIC extended their hand, I think its a good move if we accept the gesture.

Comment

I'd rather just have no recessed routing then you wouldn't have to worry about it.
                      I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                        Hm, any word on a new ask Jackson forum? Someone from FMIC extended their hand, I think its a good move if we accept the gesture.
                        Yup, here's the word:

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                        Ask Jackson~ Not happening!! The only way Ask Jackson gets resurrected is if JCMI approaches me and asks me to reopen it..Hecl even an Ask Charvel folder. I guarantee it won't happen and I don't blame them.

Ask Jackson was not born of the JCF admins, it was the brainchild of John Walker. When John approached me with the idea he felt it could be a great way for you guys to have input and JCMI to gage what needed to be done either in sales, quality, or simply letting you guys in on things that you would have never been privy too.

When John asked me what I thought my answer was pointed and blunt. I told him he was crazy because all it would result in was him getting crucified. He assured me that he would do his best to not get drawn into negative bashing. When The ask Jackson folder opened J.W had full administrative rights to the folder.

J.W tried to avoid the shit storm but his answers given what he had vs what members wanted to hear were rarely ever good enough. People have the right to be upset at things that go wrong but for whatever reason they seem to get the idea that they have the god given right to be nasty and at times this created tension between JW and the members. It was frustrating for JW as well as the admins... it was rarely constructive and usually turned into a fuck you shit fest ... This was a lot of the reason as questions got answered the admins locked the question to any further replies..

In other sections of the board JCMI was getting beat up badly and that even included Brian McD. At one point Brian was asking for artists photos of old endorsers and a select few made accusations as to what he was doing with the photos.. even telling members things like "Why are you helping him remove guitars from the list of what could be ordered"

It never mattered what the motivation might be, these guys were always going to be the brunt of what was wrong with JCMI here. So when J.W got his new job he made it apparent to me that Brian McD would NOT be involved because of the negative experiences he had here. Hence the "Ask Jackson" folder was shut down permanently.

I knew JCMI was visiting the board, using the discussions here to go back to the factory. Basically using us free of charge to see what people were thinking or even considering for purchases. It had gotten to the point I had discussions with several admins of not only cleansing the board of the trouble makers who destroyed all the hard work we had done to further their own agenda, but even considered banning JCMI from the board. I am and always be of the opinion that if they don't like the board enough to be involved than it shouldn't be used in their marketing in any way shape or form ...

I have the utmost respect for every person I've had the pleasure of knowing from these companies all the way from Mike Shannon, Mike Kotzen, John Walker and Tim Wilson all the way down to the people I've only spoken too through email or pm here like McD. It was never a personal decision for me..

In the end the only way a marriage between the JCF and JCMI can work is mutual respect. Mutual respect does not mean you cannot have an issue with something. It just means that you go through the right channels to get it fixed. You post constructive complaints without finger pointing and name calling. Until those things are accomplished there will never be a good partnership between this board and the people who build the guitars you enjoy ..

BTW .. MOST of the people who drove JCMI off the board no longer bother with us for different reasons. They furthered their own agendas, ruined it for the guys here and then once they accomplished their goals they vanished ...

Go fukkin figure .. and I was the asshole in all of it ..
                        http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...79#post1004379
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X