No announcement yet.

ATTN: Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True but thats a custom limited run done by SA... Im talking full production here.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Weren't the RR24 and DK2M results of JCF influence? At least that's what I was led to believe. Some of us wanted 1 hum RR's and others wanted a Dinky with maple fretboard. This was before the "Ask Jackson" section disappeared (the guy got promoted).
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

what is a ping floyd rose?
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
          what is a ping floyd rose?
          Ping was known for making shit hardware back in the day (and golf clubs). I think their hardware is a little better these days, but I think I'd still take a JT580LP over one. Though, Ping is the only company that can use the name Floyd Rose on their trems besides the Original Floyd.

Here's a Floyd with the little Ping symbol above the arm. They're a licensed trem with cheaper metal than the real deal.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
            Besides the baseplate, theyre still using shitty cast sustain blocks. In all honesty, I could care less what quality trem comes on factory guitars, AS LONG AS THE ROUT IS THE SAME AS THE OFR OR EVEN SCHALLER. That way, if I want a better trem, I could upgrade.
            Preach on brother. I've been saying that for years!
            Occupy JCF

Comment

I thought the Original Floyd patent Ran out, and thats why ibanez brought out the EDGE III to avoid paying rights for the lo pro design...

The Gotoh Floyds have had the non angled baseplate like the ofr since their inception...

I do't think they would install PING FR's cause if they did do that people woud moan the werent ofr's...

I'd be happier with Gotoh FR's on import jacksons that way they keep the us a series more exclusive with OFR's and still have a great trem on the imports like the dk2 dk2m RR3 and dkmg and wrmg's, maybe charge a little more but for a decent trem like that it would be worth it...

and it'd be easy enough for fans of fine tuners being straight and not angled you could easily swap an ofr or schaller in the gotoh route...

I would think jackson could get a run of gotoh FR's done for them, adn that way it'd improve the imports yet keep the USA's percievably better parts wise...

Comment

Why not just use the Schaller/JT-590/Floyd Rose II like they did in the old days, and like most of the Jackson Stars guitars still have? That would be a good compromise between the suckass JT-580 and an expensive OFR.

The JT-580 has kept me from buying a lot of import Jacksons over the years. I guess I could change the trem, but I'd rather buy a guitar where I don't have to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  judging from their almost total lack of interaction with this forum, it's apparent that JCMI/FMIC does not give a rat's ass what we think (about anything).

so why do you think they would even listen to such a suggestion?
                  I have two replies related to, but not necessarily directly addressing, this thread:

1. They probably don't pay much attention, but they should. In today's competitve marketplace- and particularly considering some of the QC issues that have been discussed on this forum- it seems to me that Jackson/Charvel needs real customer feedback now more than ever.

Forgive me if I'm suggesting something that has already been discussed, but wouldn't a "Dear Jackson" or "Jackson Suggestion Box" forum that was actually read by FMIC marketing be more useful than the "Limited Edition Guitars" forum? It seems that this was read regularly by Jackson at one time, so maybe they would do so again. Not sure how much influence the JC Forum has with FMIC right now, but it might be worth a shot.

2. I would like to see the Jackson Custom Shop offer the Schaller & Gotoh Floyds on CS guitars. It's just a matter of allowing for the correct routs. A bit of work, but once it's set-up, no problem.
                  GM,
                  www.aftershok.com

Comment

There WAS an Ask Jackson section... but the FMIC liaison John Walker took a different position in the company, and could no longer do it. A few things were said here and there and FMIC collectively lost interest... but apparently not totally.

I really believe companies should have a way to communicate with their customer base... it makes for better products and happier customers. When I first joined here, I thought it was the greatest thing that someone from Jackson was a part of this board... times change unfortunatley.

See the DK2M? And the RR24? They are arguably the brainchildren of the JCF members and feedback given to Jackson. We kept asking for it, and they delivered. We got the guitars we want, they got the money they want. Everyone won.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

There WAS an Ask Jackson section... but the FMIC liaison John Walker took a different position in the company, and could no longer do it. A few things were said here and there and FMIC collectively lost interest... but apparently not totally.

I really believe companies should have a way to communicate with their customer base... it makes for better products and happier customers. When I first joined here, I thought it was the greatest thing that someone from Jackson was a part of this board... times change unfortunatley.

See the DK2M? And the RR24? They are arguably the brainchildren of the JCF members and feedback given to Jackson. We kept asking for it, and they delivered. We got the guitars we want, they got the money they want. Everyone won.
                      People, we do read the threads. We may not always jump in for one reason or another... but we do listen. We have made changes to products as a direct result of your collective opinions. We dig the input and hope it continues.

If someone wants to start an "Ask Jackson" section, I'm volunteering to keep tabs on it. Keep in mind I put in some LONG weeks doing this job, if i run behind on responses... don't flame me! I can't help with pending orders or dealer related issues... I can provide some advice etc..

Thanks... Mike McGregor Product Manager Jackson Guitars.

Comment

Why not? Whats there to lose? At the worst, nothing happens... what am I out, a few minutes of my time? No biggy. Its apparent they DO check here from time to time, so what the hell right?
                        hey, knock yourself out dude. go for it.

it appears that new member Bionic is now the JCMI rep posting here only in the past couple weeks, hopefully he can open up the lines of communication again. we'd all love that to be a good thing for everyone including JCMI.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                          People, we do read the threads. We may not always jump in for one reason or another... but we do listen. We have made changes to products as a direct result of your collective opinions. We dig the input and hope it continues.

If someone wants to start an "Ask Jackson" section, I'm volunteering to keep tabs on it. Keep in mind I put in some LONG weeks doing this job, if i run behind on responses... don't flame me! I can't help with pending orders or dealer related issues... I can provide some advice etc..

thanks Mike, it's awesome to hear from you on this forum.

we appreciate your efforts.

I think I speak for everyone here in saying that we urge our Admins to re-establish the Ask Jackson forum here so we can further communicate with you on the various issues we all care so much about.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post

See, I knew you guys cared! Even a lil' bit.

Great to see you here Mike. Getting another "Ask Jackson" forum up and running would be great for everyone! We do realize that youre busy, as with John, he couldnt always answer things right away and we understand that. Any input he had was greatly appreciated, as would yours be!

Comment

back to the topic on hand. and if jackson has started doing this bravo.

just rout the trem rout a little longer, so if we upgrade to an OFR the string lock bolts wont stick out past the rout.

thats all we really need.
                              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

+1 on the Ask Jackson Section idea

Honestly, the only thing that has stopped me from getting a DK2M (or any import Jackson) is the trem. I don't like the way it looks, feels, plays etc.
                                All my other guitars have original or Ping Floyds and it just doesn't hold up to the same quality of the others. If the imports started to have Pings I know you would have a hard time keeping me away.

I like the idea of changing the Jackson Trem so it is the same shape as an OFR so you can just swap it out but who wants to buy a medium-high end guitar that they just need to dump more money in to upgrade? I mean, thats why they started offering Seymour Duncans right? So people wouldn't have to buy their axe just to swap out the pickups (easily running you over $120) Well, its the same deal with the trems; no one is going to want to buy one that they just have to upgrade
                                My Guitars
                                Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
                                Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
                                Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
                                Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
                                Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
                                Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
                                Kramer Vanguard S-440S
                                Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
                                Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
                                Kramer F-1000 (Black)
                                Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

Working...
                                X