ATTN: Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: Jackson

As it seems that Jackson may be checking in from time to time, here is a suggestion I REALLY think would help out sales and image.

Lets face it, the JT580LP isnt the best trem in the world. While its not bad, heavy useage will eventually wear it out. Once that happens, whats left to do? Well... an OFR will fit in the rout, but it wont look right. There will be a larger gap on the bass side, and almost no gap on the treble side, while the angled baseplate rout of the LP wont at all match the squared off baseplate of the OFR.

Now sure, we know OFR's are expensive... but howabout Ping? Putting a Ping Floyd Rose on all production import guitars above the JS series would really "bump them up a notch". Pings are better than the LP's, but obviously not quite as good as the OFR's, Players would then have the choice to upgrade to an OFR without ANY problems if they desired, as the Ping has the same dimensions as the OFR but is a good deal cheaper. It would be a great upgrade that really wouldnt cost FMIC much more per guitar.

I believe it would benefit the company AS WELL as the players. Ive got two worn out LP's at the moment. My options are pretty limited, as I dont like to put mismatched parts on my guitars if they really arent meant to be in there.

Anyone else agree?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Your suggestion makes sense, that's why they won't implement it. But aren't Ping trems way more expensive than your typical JT580LP quality job? I'm sure the current trems probably cost them $5 a pop, in lots of 1000. I'd guess a 1000 lot of Pings would run $30 each.
    Last edited by texasfury; 10-02-2007, 02:23 PM.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

Maybe they could redesign the JT580LP so that it will be compatible with a floyd upgrade if the owner chooses. Shouldn't be too difficult, just have to redesign the baseplate.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
        Lets face it, the JT580LP isnt the best trem in the world. While its not bad, heavy useage will eventually wear it out. Once that happens, whats left to do?
        Didn't they already address this issue recently? Last year, I think? i.e., They upgraded the metal base and posts.

Comment

What a great idea, even if it does put a few quid (or $) on to the price, it makes the guitars so much better for the end users and also thwarts the competion from Ibanez & ESP etc.

Comment

They just redid the 580 with better metal.
            I do wish they would chop those angles off the sides though.
            -Rick

Comment

I also wish they'd go to OFRs (I'd say (wish) German ones actually, not even Ping).....Some LTDs come with OFRs these days....MIJ Jacksons must surely be better than LTDs, right?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                Didn't they already address this issue recently? Last year, I think? i.e., They upgraded the metal base and posts.
                Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                They just redid the 580 with better metal.
                I do wish they would chop those angles off the sides though.
                Its a bunch of BS. Ive bought two brand new DK2M's, both 2006's having the "new upgraded" trem. There is slight wear on BOTH of the trems knife edges and neither guitar had more than 2 hours of play on it. No joke, Im 100% serious.

Besides the baseplate, theyre still using shitty cast sustain blocks. In all honesty, I could care less what quality trem comes on factory guitars, AS LONG AS THE ROUT IS THE SAME AS THE OFR OR EVEN SCHALLER. That way, if I want a better trem, I could upgrade.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by black cherry View Post
                  Maybe they could redesign the JT580LP so that it will be compatible with a floyd upgrade if the owner chooses. Shouldn't be too difficult, just have to redesign the baseplate.
                  I really think that the FR wont allow the licensing to aftermarket Licensed trem manufacturers to use the OFR baseplate size. Look at EVERY Licensed Floyd, they ALL have angled baseplates, not squared... Aside from the Ping and Schaller of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
                    I also wish they'd go to OFRs (I'd say (wish) German ones actually, not even Ping).....Some LTDs come with OFRs these days....MIJ Jacksons must surely be better than LTDs, right?

Only very high end ESP LTD come with an OFR-

And don't Jackson have them on a couple of models anyway?

Comment

The only import that has an OFR is the new RR24.

EDIT: And the SL3... I always forget about them because I never see 'em or see anyone with em.
                      Last edited by RobRR; 10-02-2007, 04:43 PM.

Comment

And the SL3
                        -Rick

Comment

judging from their almost total lack of interaction with this forum, it's apparent that JCMI/FMIC does not give a rat's ass what we think (about anything).

so why do you think they would even listen to such a suggestion?
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Why not? Whats there to lose? At the worst, nothing happens... what am I out, a few minutes of my time? No biggy. Its apparent they DO check here from time to time, so what the hell right?

Comment

EDIT: And the SL3... I always forget about them because I never see 'em or see anyone with em.
                              And the new archtop import carried in Sam Ash stores.

Comment

Working...
                              X