No announcement yet.

Where's the Misha Mansoor sig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misha Mansoor has some very nice guitars and the two Jackson's he got this year are very cool indeed imho.

However, LOL @ Periphery are "hipster metal". Hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by elrrek View Post
      However, LOL @ Periphery are "hipster metal". Hilarious.
      Yep. Periphery, Animals As Leaders, iwrestledabearonce, Protest the Hero, Black Dahlia Murder, Avenged Sevenfold, Job For a Cowboy, Between The Buried and Me... I could go on, but I'm starting to offend even myself. Kill 'em all I say! This style of "modern metal" - music journalism's term, not mine - has far more to do with post-hardcore from the early 2000s than the roots of heavy metal. These are the very same guys who hopped from emo to screamo to post-hardcore to metalcore to deathcore and now to this "djent" bullshit. Only a few years back they were all wearing girl pants and white belts while karate kicking at a Fall of Troy show. To every 20-something musician currently playing in true metal bands, Periphery et al. may as well sound like fucking Winger. Screw them and their girly fans! I'm out for blood!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
        I've tried to figure out what the hype is about Periphery, but I just don't get it. The few songs I've listened to didn't do it for me, which makes it that much harder for me to understand why everyone thinks Misha is so cool.

He does seem to have a friendly personality and he's a gear whore like many of us, but I don't think he's anything special as a player and the songwriting is ick.
        I gained a little respect for them when I saw them live. But other than that, I haven't liked more than 2 songs by them.

Comment

Originally posted by VanHoosen View Post
          Yep. Periphery, Animals As Leaders, iwrestledabearonce, Protest the Hero, Black Dahlia Murder, Avenged Sevenfold, Job For a Cowboy, Between The Buried and Me... I could go on, but I'm starting to offend even myself. Kill 'em all I say! This style of "modern metal" - music journalism's term, not mine - has far more to do with post-hardcore from the early 2000s than the roots of heavy metal. These are the very same guys who hopped from emo to screamo to post-hardcore to metalcore to deathcore and now to this "djent" bullshit. Only a few years back they were all wearing girl pants and white belts while karate kicking at a Fall of Troy show. To every 20-something musician currently playing in true metal bands, Periphery et al. may as well sound like fucking Winger. Screw them and their girly fans! I'm out for blood!
          There is so much wrong in that post it's not even funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
            There is so much wrong in that post it's not even funny.

+1, Djent comes from Meshuggah and Sikth.

and if you're saying he sucks, try playing "Insomnia", "Luck As A Constant" or "Have A Blast" and get back to me. Or if you have a seven, "Make Total Destroy!" is nasty.

Just because it isn't fast doesn't mean it can't be difficult.
            Last edited by Grim; 10-05-2012, 08:43 PM.
            I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
              +1, Djent comes from Meshuggah and Sikth.
              You forgot Forced Entry.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                I've tried to figure out what the hype is about Periphery, but I just don't get it. The few songs I've listened to didn't do it for me, which makes it that much harder for me to understand why everyone thinks Misha is so cool. He does seem to have a friendly personality and he's a gear whore like many of us, but I don't think he's anything special as a player and the songwriting is ick.
                +1, my thoughts exactly.

Comment

Comment

dude, I just got a bit of a semi

not from anything you said, because I could give a shit. Don't like it, don't listen to it.

but the Passion. I can feel it. What time you get off work?
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      Don't like it, don't listen to it.

Hahaha! Yeah, you got it right with the last part. 9-5 is the only time I can muster enough of the "I got nothing better to do..." spirit to throughout berate this lame trend.

But I'll say it again: FUCK PERIPHERY!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        That's a bit far from Aussie to the U.S. just for a date that might not go so well...
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

VanHoosen, you are - imho - hilarious and wrong. But you are welcome to keep your opinions so keep on fighting!

Comment

Originally posted by elrrek View Post
                            VanHoosen, you are - imho - hilarious and wrong. But you are welcome to keep your opinions so keep on fighting!
                            No, YOU are wrong. I'm with VanHoosen!

All these bands are lame as fuck and anyone who calls their music 'djent' should be hung, drawn and quartered. I might as well call my style of music 'kachunk' or 'broodle-broodle-broodle blap-biddle-biddle broodle-broodle-broodle blap-biddle-blap'. FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!
                            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

What bands did he list that are even "djent"? The Black Dahlia Murder are metal, and they kick ass. And although I'm not really a fan, A7X are certainly not "djent", either. Someone else here mentioned Meshuggah, and they fucking rule!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't thik that the creators ever came up with the term djent. That's a media label. These guys just thought they were doing their own own proggy thing.
                                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                                X