No announcement yet.

New Pro series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really curious where these will be made....
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by kuerbo View Post
      I think they rock!
      This company has seen a lot of action in the last year, and i just love it.
      You can come back to your regular complaining now...
      Its nice to see real product updates and communication with the devotee base. The time between product sneak peaks to website update seems to be 1/10th of the time. I remember products taking forever to hit the Jackson/Charvel web pages.
      Other then the ??? with offset dots instead of Piranha inlays on a Pro Dinky while the X series has Sharks, they are starting to hit their targets in my opinion.
      Pickups can be changed. Used to be they were just little feature issue because folks were good with changing their own electronics.
      My opinion is that "The whole package" guy will modify an existing guitar or get a custom shop.

You are right on.
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
      A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

They look good. I'm really liking the burst king V
        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

The flat sawn thing has me confused.
          Quarter Sawn used to be considered better and Fender touts it as a feature in their EJ Strats. So this is a step back. The rods may be an improvement, but I don't know enough to be sure.
          I had a Carvin with the rods and that thing never had a neck problem at all. I sold it because I was a moron.

No String through KV's though and the colors are somewhat drab. Chlorine is nice though, but, no Greens.
          Last edited by Flatpicker; 09-27-2012, 03:27 PM.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Didn't Carvin try this and eevryone stopped buying because (I've heard) it made them "tone dead"?
            ESP does this with all of their custom necks unless you specify that you don't want it. Neither of my custom ESP's, and I mean real customs, not watered down USA market custom bullshit. Neither my ESP Strathead or Flying V are tone dead.

From what I've been noticing with all my nice guitars is that Jackson having such thin necks, kills the tone of the guitar more than graphite inserts used to stabilize a neck.

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
            The flat sawn thing has me confused.
            Quarter Sawn used to be considered better and Fender touts it as a feature in their EJ Strats. So this is a step back. The rods may be an improvement, but I don't know enough to be sure.
            There's a whole community of players who play a different style of music that swear by flat sewn necks and would never buy a quartersawn neck... fwiw.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Quarter sawn necks are more stable than flat sawn, but cost more. According to the Fender site:

Quartersawing a log produces no more waste than plain sawing, but it takes more time, greater skill and larger trees, all of which make quartersawn instrument necks more expensive than their much more commonplace plain-sawn counterparts.
              So, the rods are meant to help a flat sawn neck be more stable. Somewhere that math must work out to be cheaper than going quarter sawn.

Comment

Pretty sure these are made in Indonesia. Anyone find out for sure ?

Comment

I'm liking the looks of these. Especially the red quilt soloist!

Comment

Originally posted by JCB RR1 View Post
                    I'm having real GAS!!

I hope the Warrior doesn't get the X's reversed headstock.

I wonder if all models neck thru have oil-unpainted necks.
                    I love the reversed headstock on Warriors, however, it's very hard to find a hard-shell case that fits them!
                    Looks like the oil-unpainted neck thrus are cheaper to produce or a cost saving measure! (I'm only guessing here)... Yet, most of the X-series have painted necks! Hmmm :think:
                    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                      Pretty sure these are made in Indonesia. Anyone find out for sure ?
                      I guess you're right, since all the new SLATs are also made in Indonesia!
                      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

When are these gonna be available? Depending on the price, I might snag one of those RRMG's at the very least (yay for car payment disappearing, more money for toys I probably don't need ;p).

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          ESP does this with all of their custom necks unless you specify that you don't want it. Neither of my custom ESP's, and I mean real customs, not watered down USA market custom bullshit. Neither my ESP Strathead or Flying V are tone dead.

From what I've been noticing with all my nice guitars is that Jackson having such thin necks, kills the tone of the guitar more than graphite inserts used to stabilize a neck.

There's a whole community of players who play a different style of music that swear by flat sewn necks and would never buy a quartersawn neck... fwiw.
                          Good point. I should have said "Is this a step back?"
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Where are these made?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                              I love the reversed headstock on Warriors, however, it's very hard to find a hard-shell case that fits them!
                              Looks like the oil-unpainted neck thrus are cheaper to produce or a cost saving measure! (I'm only guessing here)... Yet, most of the X-series have painted necks! Hmmm :think:
                              This one I may have an answer for.
                              Production wise, oiled necks are cheaper to produce. But, you may get more rejects after they are shipped overseas. (oil isn't as non-permeable as the paint and clear.)
                              So, depending on your markup, you may or may not be able to eat the loss for a few damaged necks. Looking at the price points here, (about what the MIJ Pro_mods were), they have accounted for it. (non-MIJ labor is going to be cheaper, so at the same price, they are taking in more profit.)

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                                I'm liking the looks of these. Especially the red quilt soloist!
                                Too bad the red one is only available with the rosewood fingerboard but it looks nice anyway:

And this one ain't bad looking too... And it got ebony...

And kinda dig this one too... And it got ebony too...
                                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                                X