New Pro series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pro series!

I don't know if there is a thread about this or not, but I just found out about this today! So far the Soloist, the Dinky, the Rhoads and the King V are getting the new treatment:
    http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...ection=guitars

I'm disappointed with the EMGs (Meh, don't we have enough of those already?) and the lack of the Warrior and the Kelly!

Edit: BTW, I couldn't tell where these are made, probably Japan is out of the question!

Discuss...
    Last edited by DarkkWarriorr; 09-26-2012, 10:20 PM.
    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Yay more shit for GC and Newbies to confuse...This means that all Pro Series on GC online will be cheap or super expensive..no middle ground LOL

Cool pieces though diggin the dinky and the side dots aint bad. But at this time I need more gear like I need a kick in the balls...(likely more than I realize lol)
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Ebony and maple boards on em too! I think I just shed a tear...

Comment

Love the ebony, the black pearl binding on the Rhoads is kinda cool, not my preference though. I like how it doesn't have 2 volumes or 2 tones, and I'm glad it's 22 frets instead of 24.

But I HATE the fucking inlays, and the fact that I'll have a useless battery box when I put Duncans in there. Need some more less nu-metal finishes too.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Not seeing a bunch of cheesy binding on them. Ala Shecter, which I think is a turn in the right direction. I'm all about cheesy, 80's graphics, lol.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I'm guessing the street prices will probably be around $800-$1100. The ebony fretboards, the binding, the neck thrus, the alder bodies and the matching headstocks is something that most of us were asking for in imports for ages, as if these guitars are part of the Japanese Stars series, however, I very much doubt these are made in Japan.

As for the inlays, they are "Alumiloid Shark Fins". Still better than the cheesy looking abalone inlays the new Charvels have if you ask me! Probably they get a little sparkle once you wiggle the guitars a little.
            -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

I love all the color choices (almost none) and the fact they're made in (unspecified).

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Very curious as to where these are built and the ensuing flames once people find out.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Very curious as to where these are built and the ensuing flames once people find out.
                  Vancouver, Canada in the heartland of American Junior ...wheres that stirrin the pot icon.
                  Haters gonna hate
                  Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

WTF is a graphite reinforced neck? And why would it need graphite reinforcement?? Same feel as my pool cue??
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

The 'M' in DK2M stood for a maple board. Why does the white one have rosewood? Plus the zebra pups look shit.

TBH the only ones I like are the blue DK2MQ & the burst King V, the rest are meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                        The 'M' in DK2M stood for a maple board. Why does the white one have rosewood?
                        The specs say: maple fingerboard (dark rosewood on Snow White model)

Comment

Well fuck me sideways, these look AWESOME!!! I like the direct-mount EMGs too, it's a nice change and good call on the matching headstocks.
                          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                            WTF is a graphite reinforced neck? And why would it need graphite reinforcement?? Same feel as my pool cue??
                            Probably because they are flat-sawn, not quarter-sawn...
                            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                              That's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. It'll keep necks more stable in the long run as well as keep them more stable from temperature and humidity changes. It's especially good if you live in a region where you go through 0 degree winters and 100 degree summers.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X