Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tylermorris View Post
    Where are these made?
    Someone at one of the other guitar forums claims that the Dinkys/Dinkies are made in Mexico, and the rest are made in Indonesia. I'm not sure how reliable his sources are!!!

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
    This one I may have an answer for.
    Production wise, oiled necks are cheaper to produce. But, you may get more rejects after they are shipped overseas. (oil isn't as non-permeable as the paint and clear.)
    So, depending on your markup, you may or may not be able to eat the loss for a few damaged necks. Looking at the price points here, (about what the MIJ Pro_mods were), they have accounted for it. (non-MIJ labor is going to be cheaper, so at the same price, they are taking in more profit.)
    Makes sense. Thanks.
    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

I'm digging these alot! I have one of the new X-Series trans red 7 string soloists and that guitar is freaking bad to the bone! I love that thing! So I'll definately be looking into one of these as well at some point.

Comment

Lo, for this weaponry appear'eth as refined as a prudish old maid, yet as lethal as a buxom wench with a rusted chastity belt!

Verily, for this knight 'tis also most elated with fresh Jackson armaments which be'ith forged not of basswood!!!

This post now concludeth!
        WITNESS YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT IN METALLIC, CINEMATIC GLORY!
        http://www.heavymetalsuperstar.com

Comment

Hey Canella didn't lie, they bring back a Pro series.
          Nice. But i doubt these will be made in japan.

My Pros:
          What i really like is the combination of oil-finish and neck-through-construction on import / non-custom-shop Jacksons.
          And yeah, there is some ebony again.
          I also like the piranha-inlays.

Cons:
          But for me a Jackson guitar has to have pickup rings! I know there was the DR for example but to me, this is more an Ibanez-thing and always reminds of that.
          And as on the elite series, i really really dislike chrome hardware.
          Jackson, please offer a limited edition or something SL2 in gloss black and black hardware (and pickup-rings).

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
          I wonder what theses alumiloid inlays look like in person... because in those pictures they look like crap imo.
          I think they'll be the same as the ones on the Made in Japan Elite Series.

Comment

Originally posted by Ye Black Knight View Post
            Lo, for this weaponry appear'eth as refined as a prudish old maid, yet as lethal as a buxom wench with a rusted chastity belt!

Verily, for this knight 'tis also most elated with fresh Jackson armaments which be'ith forged not of basswood!!!

This post now concludeth!
            I agree.

I also clicked that link, and that's some funny ass shit. Or Shiteth or Shite?

"His voice (King Diamond is calling Satan) hurts my demonic ballsack" Hahahah.

I must say the rosewood with the offest dots is kinda capturing my interest, even though i hate red and horn carves..the controls are in the right place or at leaast in a much better position for me, that's ...hell must have frozen over..hmmnn.
            Last edited by Trem; 09-28-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
              Good point. I should have said "Is this a step back?"
              Well, either way, I just wanted to point out there is a whole community of players who love custom shop instruments and high end gear that look at quartersawn as being a deal breaker. I think it's those telecaster or bluegrass guys, I don't really remember... but I do remember reading a bunch of flatsawn vs quartersawn threads that go on for ages. It's like one of those Coke vs Pepsi, Canon vs Nikon, fossil vs synthetic, etc, discussions It's one of those topics that get debated to death with no clear winner, the reason being both have their merits and it comes down to personal preference and opinion that ends up making your choice.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                ESP does this with all of their custom necks unless you specify that you don't want it. Neither of my custom ESP's, and I mean real customs, not watered down USA market custom bullshit. Neither my ESP Strathead or Flying V are tone dead.

From what I've been noticing with all my nice guitars is that Jackson having such thin necks, kills the tone of the guitar more than graphite inserts used to stabilize a neck.

There's a whole community of players who play a different style of music that swear by flat sewn necks and would never buy a quartersawn neck... fwiw.
                Agree, really Thin necks = tone killer from my experience. Quartersawn, flat sawn, 3 piece i don't think matters tone wise in the grand scheme of things, though i would prefer 3 piece or at least quarter sawn for stability..

Also from my experience, the reason it may seem like there can be a lot of tone dead guitars coming out of Japan is that they use a lot of Hard Ash there, seems like it's like Alder here, and it can be a hit or miss.

The ESP Japan i had was an MV Japan Market, same shops build them as the custom shops, it was super heavy and Hard Ash, it was lacking in tone unplugged, sounded ok plugged in i guess, but i'll just say it was a Dog. But otherwise it was flawless built, just immaculate.

All my Killers sound exactly alike and they are all hard ash, but have different neck joints through the years, and different neck profiles. Thin U on the Starrions and then V shape on the Akira models. They sound exactly the same and they were built years - some over a decade apart. They are not dogs
                Last edited by Trem; 09-28-2012, 02:30 AM.

Comment

My Jackson Strathead, for example... it was my #1 guitar for a long time, not because of how it sounds... before the upgrade to a Gotoh, meh, it had some especially resonant spots on the neck and some spots were much less defined... the Gotoh really did wonders in balancing that out, however, it's shining ability to have super low action and not have fret buzz is what's made it one of my favorite players. The neck is just amazing. I can lower the high E till it's almost touching the 22nd fret, I mean less than .5mm @ 22nd and it will ring out each fret without any buzz. Of course, the low E needs more room due to being a thicker and wound string, but it can go really low too. So much that I have to raise the action to allow for the amount of pick attack that I like to use. Perhaps not as low as my white Fender Strat, which is amazingly low for minimal fret buzz, but the Jackson totally smokes it on the high E.

And that's why I'm kinda on a non-Jackson kick right now... these Fenders have thicker necks and produce some excellent tone that I haven't found from years and many dozens of various import and domestic Charvels and Jacksons. Jackson is still my #1 brand for life, but I'm starting to look around and seeing the bigger picture. It only makes me sad that it's taken me so long to appreciate other brands instead of trashing them for the things I don't like about them while ignoring what I did.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I swear if these aren't made in Japan I am just done giving this company second chances. First they outsource the production Charvels, then they start butchering the Charvel name with those garbage chinese Desolation guitars, then they run the Japanese factory they've been using for over 20 years into bankruptcy, canceling the Jackson Professional series and the Charvel Pro-Mods, then they hike up the USA Select series prices by about $1000 MSRP ($1k hike on the PC-1 at least), so now they have nothing in between the $2500-3000ish USA Select Series and the entry-level Indian, Indonesian, and Chinese guitars...and if next they are going to butcher the Jackson Professional Series name with even more bottom shelf cheap labor guitars, I am really done.

I'm a professional guitar player and used to be a Jackson artist until I realized that this is NOT the company I know and love anymore. Nothing I have ever played that came out of Indonesia, China, India, or Mexico has been professional quality and those guitars don't live up to that name in my opinion. Also it goes to show that they didn't even have the audacity to put "Professional" on the headstock. And I'm also disappointed that they are pushing these guitars on their artists and making them do promo videos for them while they lie through their teeth about how good they are. I liked it back when companies wanted their artists playing their BEST guitars. Even the Professional Series we had recently was nothing compared to the Pro tier of the Professional Series guitars from the early 90's...Sucks to be seeing the tragic downward spiral of Jackson and Charvel guitars thanks to the folks at FMIC. I will hold onto my Glendora, Ontario, even Corona, and Pro series Chushin Gakki Jacksons and cherish them while FMIC destroys the legacy of the company. What happened to taking pride in building quality instruments?
                    Last edited by Morgray; 09-28-2012, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgray View Post
                      stuff
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

^ lol

Comment

A bitchy rant, no doubt, but man I really hope I'm not the only one who is upset with the direction that things have been going in the past few years.

Comment

Morgray who are you and what band ?

I'm also a professional...
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I didn't had time to read the whole thread, so i don't know if this has been talked or if anyone noticed, but i'm a little perplexed...

Did anyone noticed that on the Jackson home page, where the new Pro series are advertised, there's a black dinky with maple fretboard (DK2MG). And on the DK2MQ, on the details page on has Chlorine Burst, Transparent Black, Transparent Red. So, not black? :think:
                              Last edited by armdias; 09-28-2012, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Xeno I love USA Starts with hums and OFRs. I basically want another Fender FRC strat..which is basically a early 90's Ritchie Sambora model without the star inlays. I almost bought those but glad I waited another year for mine. Now I want the same thing with large headstock and scalloped..basically a YJM strat with OFR and Hum @ bridge. Make it happen...show me the way.

The playability smokes any Jackson and Charvel I played and own. The F'n thing plays itself.
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X